Pet Hate - Light Hearted Thread

SwaY

Rude competitors who do not acknowledge you with as much as a smile when you offer them congratulations after they beat you for best of breed/ group or best of anything!

Yeah but in defence....sometimes you are damned if you do or damned if you do. If you win and address other exhibitors, you're being a smartarse, if you lose and address other exhibitors you're being a suck hole. In some cases, it's just best not to say a word.

And then of course, you might be like some exhibitors who get themselves so totally "in the zone" that they simply don't hear or see anything else around them. I know of at least one who is absolutely PETRIFIED in the ring, kind of like a stage fright thing. She is so "po-faced" that people think she is a really hard faced cow. She's not, she's just not feeling the love even when she wins, which she does...A LOT!!!! :laugh:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crowding - while either gaiting or stacking your dog, there is something so rude about having someone (deliberately) jammed up behind you. I understand if you are going quicker than the dog in front you can pass behind them. What is the correct protocol if someone is crowding you? Move forwards if stacked or slightly inwards if gaiting? Looking for input / suggestions here please; it's getting frustrating.

And why do they have to put the poo bins right near the ring entrance? I know of one young baby about to be shown who freaked out completely at someone emptying the pooper scooper and banging it on the tin poo bin. Not only do they stink by the end of the day but in summer the flies are terrible!

Ewww yes. Was at a show which was run in conjunction with a fair type thing, so had lots of seating around the rings for people to watch, but there were also poo bins stationed next to all of these seats! It was a very warm day too bleehhh

And why do they have to put the poo bins right near the ring entrance? I know of one young baby about to be shown who freaked out completely at someone emptying the pooper scooper and banging it on the tin poo bin. Not only do they stink by the end of the day but in summer the flies are terrible!

So if you're unlucky enough to have a dog poop in the ring you don't have to go searching to get something to clean it up.

I'm certainly not going to stand in a line up with a bag of poo in my hand. :laugh:

LizT I'm the one Dunnwarren is refering to with the Baby Puppy - so apart from the stink as the weather warms and the flies, I was standing in the entrance to the ring waiting for the steward to wave me in. Baby's first show, real fiesty girl and this idiot threw the scoopers into the metal bin right against the ring entrance post. Scared me and ruined my baby. We were sent into the ring right then and the poor girl was freaked. I'm sure placing the bins further along wouldn't inconvience anyone too much.

Rude competitors who do not acknowledge you with as much as a smile when you offer them congratulations after they beat you for best of breed/ group or best of anything!

Yeah but in defence....sometimes you are damned if you do or damned if you do.

On this subject: http://samojed-klub.sk/swb/articles.php?article_id=20

It sits better with me, if I offer congratulations to winners. One winner on Saturday really deserved it! I wasn't in the ring with them, but made sure I visited their gazebo and offered my sincere congratulation and NO they were not friends of mine. But they presented a beautiful bitch and won BIS ... Yep I envy them, I hope one day to be able to breed such a quality animal like her!

Winning isn't always everything! Being rude to people just isn't necessary.

Multiple dogs in multiple classes in one breed and only one show lead. Seems to be a Group 1 issue :provoke:

A very long walk to the loos or the coffee van.

Awwwww come on, when you have that many Chihuahua's to feed you can't really afford more than one lead.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cutting up bait that morning only to get to a show to find you forgot it. :o

Sway did you come up with these watching me?! laugh.gif

I forget my keys EVERY TIME!

Cooking Liver AND Chopping it up only to have your dog refuse it anyway, but accept bait from the girl next to you with store bought chicken loaf!!! rofl1.gif

I must say, having a judge ignore you coming into the ring for group and stop and turn at the dog in front in the line up, as if you are not even there, really sucks. I'm only new, so I'm no champ handler and we may not be BIS material, but I paid my entries and I have feelings! It wouldn't kill you to just pretend to look at my dog for a second but it really would make my day! embarrass.gif

My peev from last weekends show!!! Ok, so it's raining, Judge short lists her BIG lineup. I'm thinking, isn't that nice of her, not keeping everybody out in the rain when she isn't interested in them. WRONG!!! Judge takes her short list undercover and runs them from there but leaves the rest of us standing out in the rain until finally the steward realises we are still standing there and dismisses us from the ring.... :mad

yes, I know this is supposed to be a light-hearted thread but on the upside, I got a cold for free!!!

I've got another one, the show soliloquy, delivered by the bore on the move who just happens to get to you, the unwilling audience, right before you're about to go into the ring.

Right up there with the unsolicited critique of your dog by someone with NFI what they are talking about LOL

My "pet hate" is taking my dog into the ring and thinking why is he so flat ????

Leaving the ring and then taking him outside, where he has the biggest dump.

And then he looks up all smiley and happy and much lighter lol.

Why couldnt he have gone the 5 times he had been toileted, before going in the ring ????

Cassie