Anyone Boarded At Doggy Farm Stay Middle Dural?

JoAnnP

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is horrific and unacceptable, the two Staffies should have been declared dangerous dogs. I've heard about this sort of thing far too often. Is that place still operating?

Boarding dogs is always a concern but I can recommend another great kennel in the same area - Abbotswood. Very good facilities, very clean and well managed. They are very responsible there, they do tours of the facility if you ask.

Wow, nobody actually knows what the situation was but the two dogs should be declared dangerous? Dogs of all sizes and breeds can end up in a fight, especially if they are unknown to each other, there is no human supervision and the possibility of toys or food being present has not been ruled out... A well placed bite from a staffy (or an equally or bigger sized dog) could accidentally kill a dog, even if that was not the intent of the bite....

I think blaming the staff is appropriate, but not the dogs, surely....

Edited by BlackJaq

That is horrific and unacceptable, the two Staffies should have been declared dangerous dogs. I've heard about this sort of thing far too often. Is that place still operating?

Boarding dogs is always a concern but I can recommend another great kennel in the same area - Abbotswood. Very good facilities, very clean and well managed. They are very responsible there, they do tours of the facility if you ask.

Wow, nobody actually knows what the situation was but the two dogs should be declared dangerous? Dogs of all sizes and breeds can end up in a fight, especially if they are unknown to each other, there is no human supervision and the possibility of toys or food being present has not been ruled out... A well placed bite from a staffy (or an equally or bigger sized dog) could accidentally kill a dog, even if that was not the intent of the bite....

The owner says that her dog (which was used to being with other dogs) was mauled to death by two staffies - that is what she was told. Dogs can scrap but they don't all maul other dogs to death. If it was my own dog doing that, it would be put to sleep, there wouldn't be any need to declare it dangerous.

If a dog is capable of mauling another dog to death then don't you think that something should be done to prevent it happening again?

And yes - the staff ARE to blame for allowing it to happen but it doesn't mean that the dogs are OK going forward. they should have closed down or changed the way they operate but from reading their ads, it doesn't sound like they have.

There are plenty of times/places where dogs are together in groups and dogs all survive intact.

Edited by dogmad

The owner says that her dog (which was used to being with other dogs) was mauled to death by two stiffies. Dogs can scrap but they don't all maul other dogs to death. If it was my own dog doing that, it would be put to sleep, there wouldn't be any need to declare it dangerous.

If a dog is capable of mauling another dog to death then don't you think that something should be done to prevent it happening again?

And yes - the staff ARE to blame for allowing it to happen but it doesn't mean that the dogs are OK going forward.

There are plenty of times/places where dogs are together in groups and dogs all survive intact.

I know I'm not meant to laugh but that had me giggling. Sorry DM!

The owner says that her dog (which was used to being with other dogs) was mauled to death by two stiffies. Dogs can scrap but they don't all maul other dogs to death. If it was my own dog doing that, it would be put to sleep, there wouldn't be any need to declare it dangerous.

And yes - the staff ARE to blame for allowing it to happen but it doesn't mean that the dogs are OK going forward.

I know I'm not meant to laugh but that had me giggling. Sorry DM!

Bloody autocorrect and you are quick of the mark MUP! :rofl:

The owner says that her dog (which was used to being with other dogs) was mauled to death by two staffies - that is what she was told. Dogs can scrap but they don't all maul other dogs to death. If it was my own dog doing that, it would be put to sleep, there wouldn't be any need to declare it dangerous.

And yes - the staff ARE to blame for allowing it to happen but it doesn't mean that the dogs are OK going forward. they should have closed down or changed the way they operate but from reading their ads, it doesn't sound like they have.

I think you might have some unrealistic expectations of dogs... Dogs kill each other fairly regularly when their humans do not control them properly, and it's not just staffies either. Small dogs are probably in more danger than big dogs... And plenty of dogs are either DA, reactive or have high prey drive (making them prone to try kill SWFs).

These dogs exist and I bet some of the DA dog owners here might disagree that they should be put down on these grounds. Presumably these owners also make sure their dogs cannot hurt another, but some of them have also come forward here and said their DA dog was put with others in boarding... How devastated do you think those responsible owners would be if their dog killed another while they were away and thought they dog was safely contained at a kennel and unable to harm any other animals? Having their dog declared dangerous on top of that would help nobody.

Edited by BlackJaq

It honestly surprised me once I really started looking into boarding kennels, just how many run dogs that don't know each other together. I haven't had reason to board my dogs much in the past, but on the rare occasion I have it was not something that entered my mind. I would be totally pissed off if my dogs were run with other unknown dogs. From my research more do run then yogether than don't!!!! Very worrying.

And yes at least people will once again be able to see not to go to this place.

Is it likely Troy would get in trouble if all that has been said is a persons personal experience that is true??????

Surely it's only slander if it is unfounded and untrue?

It honestly surprised me once I really started looking into boarding kennels, just how many run dogs that don't know each other together. I haven't had reason to board my dogs much in the past, but on the rare occasion I have it was not something that entered my mind. I would be totally pissed off if my dogs were run with other unknown dogs. From my research more do run then yogether than don't!!!! Very worrying.

And yes at least people will once again be able to see not to go to this place.

Is it likely Troy would get in trouble if all that has been said is a persons personal experience that is true??????

Surely it's only slander if it is unfounded and untrue?

Yes, it is not slander if it is a true story and why anyone would make that up with all the detail, I don't know.

I think you might have some unrealistic expectations of dogs... Dogs kill each other fairly regularly when their humans do not control them properly, and it's not just staffies either. Small dogs are probably in more danger than big dogs... And plenty of dogs are either DA, reactive or have high prey drive (making them prone to try kill SWFs).

These dogs exist and I bet some of the DA dog owners here might disagree that they should be put down on these grounds. Presumably these owners also make sure their dogs cannot hurt another, but some of them have also come forward here and said their DA dog was put with others in boarding... How devastated do you think those responsible owners would be if their dog killed another while they were away and thought they dog was safely contained at a kennel and unable to harm any other animals? Having their dog declared dangerous on top of that would help nobody.

Reading what you have written, I can assure you that I have a lot more knowledge of dogs than you think.

And please, don't put words into my mouth - I did not say that those dogs should be euthanased - what I said was that if they were my dogs, they would be euthanased and I have done that with two dogs I considered unsafe for rehoming or keeping in my own home due to their aggressive behaviour.

I agree, if people have DA dogs and have given strict instructions to kennels that this is what they are and they should not run with other dogs, they'd be very upset if their dog had been given access to kill another dog. But dogs that kill other dogs are quite likely to do it again (I also have experience of this situation from a place I volunteered at).

Someone here lost their beloved and innocent dog. This place and any others that puts people's pets at risk should not be operating.

Edited by dogmad