Names Needed Please

shantiah

Ok everyone, I need some help with suggestions for naming my greyhound pups.

First one is Squirrel. Bitch. Surf Lorian x Cheryl's Lass.

The other 5 are Mantra Lad x Skadi - 2 dogs, 3 bitchs. Was going to put first choice in as their ANKC names but need 6 names for each pup so 30 names all together. Their show names are Dream in Colours (Hunter) , Man of Colours ( Cruz), True Colours ( Lulu), Colour My World ( Nina) Colour of Love ( Minni). Would like to keep a "Colour" theme with these ones.

Any and all suggestions please. Limit is 16 characters including spaces

Thanks in advance

OT When I was a lure driver Mantra Lad would sometimes come and trial. I remember the first time he came. I'd never heard of him because I dont actually follow the greyhounds, I thought at the time this dog's not even trying, and yet he ran a really good time. I dont usually speak to the trainers but he was such an impressive looking dog I couldn't help commenting on how easily he ran. The trainer, (I forget his name) just smiled and said yeah he was having a look around. I had a huge crush on that dog.

Kirislin I am jealous. I would have loved to see him. I wanted to do natural mating and go to Vic but ran out of time and went for FS instead. I know someone else who has also met him and she said he is a really lovely dog. One day I will get there. His trainer was Graeme Jose, or at least that is who was stud master when I used him but I think he has since been moved

Colour Tone

Colour Contrast

Colour Code

Colour Shade

Colour Tint

Colour Card

Colour-me-pink (red, grey, blue, black, gold etc)

or just read the Dulux colour card for exotic colour names :laugh:

Edit to add: congrats on the babies - pictures??

Edited by Poppy's mum

Thanks poppy's mum.

They are not babies any more. They are nearly 18mths old, but you cant name race greys until they are 12mths so they have show names but not race names yet.

Baby pics are here

A couple of adult pics of Minni and Squirrel here and all the pups at 8mths old before they went to Vic here

Kirislin I am jealous. I would have loved to see him. I wanted to do natural mating and go to Vic but ran out of time and went for FS instead. I know someone else who has also met him and she said he is a really lovely dog. One day I will get there. His trainer was Graeme Jose, or at least that is who was stud master when I used him but I think he has since been moved

Yep, that's the name, he was also quite good looking from what I remember. Mantra Lad was a rich fawn with a slightly darker muzzle, (although looking at photos of him it doesn't look like it, that's how I remember him) you probably know that, and looks to be good natured and has alot of presence, just like a good horse when they catch your eye and just make you stop and look at them. I used to occasionally take a whippet with me on trial days and one day I had little Feather, my 9 kilo blue girl and he was looking amorously at her, I think both our hearts were thumping fast that day. :laugh:

Edited by Kirislin