Peta Group And "violent" Attacks On Fish?

Squidgy

I just saw that too. :mad seriously WTF?????

That group will stop at nothing until we all eat grass and then after that they will start telling us that we are injuring that too ...... * rollseyes*

:eek::mad

PETA has released a provocative advertisement comparing rape, domestic abuse and bullying to killing animals for food production.

The ad, titled The Silent Scream, shows scenes of domestic abuse, sexual assault and school yard bullying before cutting to a fish on a kitchen chopping board with the slogan "some screams can't be heard''.

The campaign urges viewers to tweet their favourite celebrity chef and "ask him or her to consider the lives of fish in their kitchens (and) remind them that fish feel pain and politely ask them to put down the knife''.

The campaign has already drawn the ire of family groups in the US and has been labelled "a mind-bogglingly silly publicity stunt'' by one media commentator.

Source.

I'm constantly amazed and appalled at the lengths this 'animal welfare' group will go to. Even more amazed at the people who continue to support them. :(

People like these fruit loops give humans a bad name...

Hang 10 there NOT humans there just plain gutter trash.

l hupe the veggies they eat scream, real load when they sink there teeth in

my mum can't believe the use of domestic violence victims in relation to fish being caught and eaten :mad

They believe the controversy they create gets people talking but fail to realise that what people are actually talking about has nothing to do with the issue and everything to do with how they are crackpots and have gone to far.

Did anyone see that segment on the project?

PETA have an advertising campaign trying to relate fishing to domestic abuse victims?

:mad:swear: psychos!

Actually, if you watch the ad you will see that it is not a comparison with fishing. They are talking about fish that are skinned or gutted while they are still alive.

BTW, I'm not a fan of PETA, but what is reported here and what their ad is actually about are two different things.

it is not a comparison with fishing. They are talking about fish that are skinned or gutted while they are still alive.

ergo - they are talking about fishing , as fish need to be hunted/caught /handled in order to be skinned and gutted etc. ,and most times , after being hooked/netted , and dragged out into the air..tipped onto hard surfaces -the fish are not stunned/killed before butchering.

..it's not a quick or humane death, ever.

Did anyone see that segment on the project?

PETA have an advertising campaign trying to relate fishing to domestic abuse victims?

:mad:swear: psychos!

Actually, if you watch the ad you will see that it is not a comparison with fishing. They are talking about fish that are skinned or gutted while they are still alive.

BTW, I'm not a fan of PETA, but what is reported here and what their ad is actually about are two different things.

I don't want to see the ad & agree if it compares fishing to domestic violence it is ridiculous however re the fishing.

My father took me fishing when I was 10. It was extremely distressing to me seeing the fish with a hook in its mouth & gasping & writhing. Never eaten fish since. Also watched a japanese cooking show one day & was sick to see the chef cutting up a live fish.

How anyone could do this to a living creature I cannot comprehend. i don't think fishing is sporting or humane.

I think, if the ads are failing to get a clear message across, they are bad ads.

For me, I find the comparison (no matter whether it's fishing or skinned/gutted alive) so offensive to victims of abuse, I immediately disconnect with it. These extreme shock tactics do nothing but put the message across that PETA are so out of touch with reality, they cannot be taken seriously.

Put the plight of fish across, by all means, but do it in a way that will actually hit home and educate people - not offend them or cause a disconnect.

I've seen the ad. They are comparing a little kid being totally traumatised watching her father bash her mother, an elderly lady screaming as she is being violently mugged and a boy being kicked to buggery, with a fish being fileted by a chef in a restaurant. The campaign is to encourage people to write to well known chefs to stop them serving up 'sea kittens'in their restaurants. Absolutely outrageous and I hope it's the last nail in peta's coffin with their disgraceful and irrational shock jock tactics.