Show Great Dane Worth $27,000 Stolen From Rv (us)

Maxiewolf

$27K? Really??? I doubt it.....and he cropped the dog's ears after it arrived I assume? Wonder how old the poor little buggar was.....

Hmmmm..who sets these prices. I bet $27K isn't what he paid for it but what it's insured for and now the dog is missing. I wonder how long it has to be gone for the insurance company to pay out. Yeah, yeah I know, age/life has made me cynical.

I dont think it was insured

He seems pretty devastated to me, even offering a reward.

I presume since he has had the dog from 11 weeks it would have been cropped around some time after that.

perhaps the value is because he bred the dogs great grand sire and sire and this dog is of value not only in the costs of purchase shipping but also due to its family lines perhaps?

Why are so many poison darts being thrown at this fellow on the other side of the world? I don't understand it.

Edited by GeckoTree

I hope the dog can be found safe and well.

Just going off the story and without further information, imo it sounds more like the male dog has escaped rather than being stolen. It seems weird to take only one dog and surely the female dog would be of equal or more value for breeding. Also seems unusual to take a dog that they would not know was worth 27K and not take nay more easily sold stuff like electronics and jewellery???

Additionally, 27K is what the owner may have paid for him, not necessarily what he is worth.

I am not a breeder so what I am about to post may be total BS - but doesn't a dog get named by the breeder and it keeps that name for life. How is a dog imported from another country have the name of the new owner and person wanting to breed from it ie Riverwood. Wouldn't it have the stud name of the original breeder - ie the one in Oz. I think teh reported got the Australian bit wrong??

Edited by pepe001

pepe- you are right - the dog's name cannot be changed and Aussie breeders cannot include apostrophes in their names ie can be Riverwood XXXX but not Riverwood's XXX......BUT I don't see any reference to Riverwood in the original article as it applies to the new owner - are you saying the new owner's prefix is Riverwood?

Edited by Fit for a King

Not sure how it works in the US for dogs imported from elsewhere but most certainly in the US a dog can be given the prefix of its owner's kennel rather than its breeder. In the US pups from the one litter may have different prefixes for their registered name (for example, a breeder with the kennel prefix 'Ajax' breeds a litter, but one of the pups goes to a breeder with the prefix 'Starstruck' - pup going to this breeder can register it as 'Starstruck big fancy name' while other pups from the litter are registered by the breeder as 'Ajax something pretty'. Confusing I know, but that is how it works. In the US you have to look at the breeder listed to know who bred it, not necessarily the prefix.

I feel for the fellow losing his dog. I do hope they locate him.

He seems pretty devastated to me, even offering a reward.

I presume since he has had the dog from 11 weeks it would have been cropped around some time after that.

perhaps the value is because he bred the dogs great grand sire and sire and this dog is of value not only in the costs of purchase shipping but also due to its family lines perhaps?

Why are so many poison darts being thrown at this fellow on the other side of the world? I don't understand it.

No idea Gecko.

My guess is most need to get out and live the world a bit.

:)

Ear cropping is not necessarily a "vet procedure" as you well know Lilli and is, in fact, banned in Australia. So if the dog was done here he was done illegally. By by all means keep mud slinging....I'll keep catching..... :rofl:

Accurate and correct as always FFAK :thumbsup:

The guy isn't a breeder. He has no fixed address and lives in an RV (illegal here). Is that a way to keep two Danes? The story says the dog was bred for shows but has not been showed. Would a dedicated breeder pay big bikkies for a dog and then let it reach 18 months without having been shown? I'd rather see people manifest pride in things their dog had achieved or how well it behaved than how much they payed for him or her.

Yes dedicated breeders do pay big bikkies for a dog and then let it reach 18 months without having been shown.

I'm a multiple offender :o :D

I dont know about a mobile life in an RV. Could be good for a Dane, could be not. No way can I tell from here.

Edited by lilli

0_0_0_0_345_420_csupload_46129897.jpg?u=3741121845

share-this-w-icons.png?langid=1

0_0_0_0_250_288_csupload_46130611.jpg?u=11015383860_0_0_0_259_293_csupload_46130619.jpg?u=159225570

$1000 REWARD SAFE RETURN OF KNIGHT

Any sighting CALL - 911

Ask for Santa Cruz Count Sheriff Dispatch-Refer to: Stolen Great Dane Case

Call me 831-234-8260

Get any of the below if possible:

1) Photo

2) License Plate

3) Location

4) Text me - Knight

5) Your Phone

Mobile Web Site for Smart Phone and IPhone

I bred and own Knight's Daddy and Great Great Grandfather and purchased,imported Knight from the breeder (Owner of Knight's mom) in Australia. I have owned and raised Knight from a pup since he was 11 weeks of age. Yes, Knight is a show dog but more than that Knight and I share a very special relationship. Knight is family. We run and play together down at the creek and up on the hillside, at the park and have moments doing things together closer than best friends more so than Knights Daddy and before that. I love this boy so much please look for Knight and help me bring him home. Riverwood is my now passed mom, Eva Robinson dream come true that began in 1962. I showed my first Dane at the age of 7 in 1958.

Knights description: A Mantle Great Dane Black with a full white collar, front and front legs, rear legs are half white with a white tip on the tail and white around the nose. Knight is 36 inches at the shoulder and weighs about 175 pounds on May 8, 2012 when he was taken from my RV while I went to the grocery store. Knight and I are tied at the hip, we do everything together. Knight is family.

The Reward of $1000 dollars for Knight the Stolen Great Dane is offered for information or finding Knight, that leads to the safe return of Knight to Naud Robinson, Knights owner. I am located at 2474 El Rancho Drive, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 (Scotts Valley)

Please contact me with any information you may have on the whereabouts of Knight.

The Reward Funds for the STOLEN GREAT DANE, KNIGHT are posted are at Wells Fargo Bank, Mt. Hermon Rd., Scotts Valley. You may contact me direct at 1-831-234-8260 which is my Mobile-Photo-Text number. E-mail [email protected]

You may call 911 and reference Santa Cruz County Sheriff Case Number 12-3863

or Santa Cruz County Sheriff Dispatch Number 831-471-1121

or The Anonymous Tip Line at 831-454-2847. Thank you

NAUD

831-234-8260

right.png

Please contact me with any information you may have and feel free to Text me and send a Photo. I can't even begin to explain how important Knight is to me. Thank you.

0_0_0_0_308_231_csupload_46274747.jpg?u=1511774081Location:

2474 El Rancho Drive

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Hours: 24/7

Naud Robinson

831-234-8260

See Map & Photo's below:

0_0_0_0_250_222_csupload_46274877.jpg?u=17332730850_0_0_0_250_220_csupload_46274903.jpg?u=3549830522

MAPSATELLITE<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

The guy isn't a breeder. He has no fixed address and lives in an RV (illegal here). Is that a way to keep two Danes? The story says the dog was bred for shows but has not been showed. Would a dedicated breeder pay big bikkies for a dog and then let it reach 18 months without having been shown? I'd rather see people manifest pride in things their dog had achieved or how well it behaved than how much they payed for him or her.

Yes dedicated breeders do pay big bikkies for a dog and then let it reach 18 months without having been shown.

I'm a multiple offender :o :D

I dont know about a mobile life in an RV. Could be good for a Dane, could be not. No way can I tell from here.

Some of the RV's I have seen in the US that show handlers travel around the country in are as big as houses. I have been in a couple and beleive me they are very comfortable!

And yes, it is not uncommon for a dog to not be shown until it is mature. It is MUCH more common to show young dogs in Australia than it is in many other countries.

Many dogs are not shown until they are competitive for the big wins and most give them time to grow up first and perhaps only give them a few 'show' outings (such as 'puppy matches') when young

(in particular many would NEVER take a teething dog to a show for example so they are not soured by a possible bad experience - why wreck a dog when young when you want them to perform and not be sour later)

I can't see why you would assume that this guy is homeless? The media article clearly says that he was temporarily on that site for a construction job. I think it great that he had dogs with him!

Huge RVs with built in dog accomodation are common on the show scene in the US - the sort of dog trailers we have here are not permitted in quite a few states I am told, thus the Winnebagos etc.

I can't see why you would assume that this guy is homeless? The media article clearly says that he was temporarily on that site for a construction job. I think it great that he had dogs with him!

Huge RVs with built in dog accomodation are common on the show scene in the US - the sort of dog trailers we have here are not permitted in quite a few states I am told, thus the Winnebagos etc.

Most US folk I speak to about them are shocked that we would use dog trailers. Most have commented to me that they consider them highly dangerous (as well as in most places in the US being illegal).