Leather Dog Collar

Alfie02

Hi all,

Just a quick question regarding my dogs leather collar.

I have to do the collar up on the tightest hole so that it fits him properly (I got a larger size as I thought he may grow some more...but he didnt, lol). The only thing is, this means that the extra leather hangs down after the buckle where it does up. It is soo annoying as it really ruins the look of the collar.

I was hoping someone could give me a solution to my problem. Is there a strap holder I can buy or can I just cut the leather? Or will this damage it?

Thank you!

If it's not stitched all round you might be able to cut it shorter yourself, but you would ruin it if it has stitching, if it has you'd probably be best to take it to a saddler. how about posting a photo of it.

Thanks for the replies, yes it does have stitching around the edges (it is a K9 Pro one).

Sorry I'm not sure how to add photos, im not too tech savvy :o but if you have a look on the K9 pro website you can see a pic.

I will take it into the boot makers on Monday and see what they can do.

Thanks for the help :D

Hey Alfie

I wouldn't recommend cutting it, if you do, water can get into the collar and damage it and even if you seal it the stitching could unravel. If it's a new collar we can exchange for a smaller size but if not a lot of people use rubber bands or similar to hold the end of the collar snug :)

Hi Huski,

Unfortunately it is not a new collar, he has been wearing it for about 6 months, so well and truly past returning it (plus it so nice and soft now I couldn't give it back and start again, lol).

I definitely won't cut it now, thanks for that advice :)