Urgent Need For Foster Carers

Urgent call for Fosters homes for 16 Koolie pups rescued from a puppy farm. The are aged between 4 months and 4 years and the Koolie Club desperately needs temp homes to house them while they sort the mess out. The dogs are in transit from SA to VIC but we will look at interstate homes as we are desperate. PM me for details and photos. Poor little mites really need some help so please - if you can help for a few weeks, please let us know. They can come up to Canberra and Sydney this weekend.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dogs are all severely underweight and have mange so are being kept in quarantine until that clears up. We are desperate for more blankets, towels and small size dog coats to keep them warm. The dogs are mostly Koolies crossed with some kind of terrier. They are mostly no larger than 4kg and the largest is 7kg but only because she is pregnant with 10 pups. She would not survive the birth so she will be desexed and the pups aborted. She also needs to have a leg amputated because it is so deformed due to past injuries. If you can help with old ones please post them to:

Kerrie Challenger

Koolie Rescue

RMB 6150

Strathallen Road

Bamawm Vic. 3561.

The dogs are all friendly and we will be looking for permanent homes for them asap. Koolie Rescue rehomes dogs for free to the right homes with all their vet work done, microchipping, flea treatment, DNA tested, etc. If anyone is interested in having a small intelligent and friendly dog please let me know.

You can donate money to Koolie Rescue via the Koolie Club account:

KOOLIE CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

BSB 633-000

Account Number 110996709

Just mark the money for Koolie Rescue. Alternatively you can send Kerrie a cheque: Kerrie Challenger, RMB 6150, Strathallen Road, Bamawm Vic 3561.

PM - if I can help by way of making posters for the adoption of these dogs once they are well, pls PM me.

Is it ok to share the postal address above with my own friends and colleague to ask for dog coat donations to be sent directly?

Unfortunately can't provide temp or foster care, but if you're really stuck for a night or two, let me know by PM. I am within 10mins of Sydney CBD and sydney airport.

Terribly, terribly sad and unnessecary. I hate to think why they are crossing a koolie with a small terrier - Toolie anyone?

Splurk

PS are you talking about the breeder or the breed? :laugh:

Ohhh my!!! What a horrible situation!!

Have you popped this up in the Koolie form and on the Koolie page on DOL ???

Tell Kerrie I will post a box of stuff upto her first thing tomorrow. Towels, etc.

I have been banned from fostering Koolie's, my little man was a dog I was fostering for Kerrie and he has never left!! OH is worried it will happen again :)

But if I can do anything else to help please just let me know.

You guys to a GREAT job!! Thank You!!

All the dogs now have foster homes and a few have permanent homes lined up. We have heard that the farm has yet more so we may be going through all this again soon before we can get him closed down.

If anyone has any contacts or suggestions for closing him down, please let me know.

A hitman might do the trick. Or maybe make sure the dogs are all out and invite an arsonist to do their thing on the premises.

It makes me livid to hear there could be more dogs and he is continuing to operate. What does it take to have the RSPCA do their job? A dog only weighs 7kg but should weigh 25kg AND is pregnant, if that is not cruelty then I don't know what is. And letting the rescue world pick up the pieces without financial assistance and physical support of some kind is also wrong.

Edited by Puppy_Sniffer

I totally agree but I phoned the RSPCA here today and asked their advice on how best to get the organisation to take action against a puppy farmer and was told that the problem was that the laws were not strong enough and that I should campaign to the government to get the laws changed! Apparently not providing sufficient food, not providing veterinary care to an injured dog and not desexing are not enough.

Does anyone know the responsible Minister in South Australia?

Does anyone have any media contacts who might help?