New Staffy Puppy This Weekend

--B--

How about you try losing the attitude? You're on a forum dedicated to the promotion of registered purebred dogs and I have no doubt you'll get heaps of good advice here over the coming months. I'm not suggesting you take the pup back but frankly how do you know she IS a stafford. If you want people to endorse your source of a pup it ain't going to happen. Let's move on shall we?

any attitude you may think i have is a result of the attitude directed at me from others. it is clear i am the target due to being new and for having made a choice many regard as poor however please do not act surprised when new posters such as myself react to the type of comments i would deem unhelpful at best

im very happy to move on whippet. i mean no offence or harm at all

you have not been a target at all, people have been trying to help you, you just didn't like what was being said, the only attitude was from you.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks persephone

i understand where you are all coming from and i take no offense at all. i know its the breed and the dogs themselves that we all care about at the end of the day

im happy to move on and look forward to learning plenty more here !

you have not been a target at all, people have been trying to help you, you just didn't like what was being said, the only attitude was from you.

thank you for the productive comment rebannne.. yawn

Edited by --B--

thank you for the productive comment rebannne.. yawn

attitude much? So sorry I tried to help you when you wouldn't help yourself

*eep* She is so cute! Does she have much brindle in her? Before you know it she will be literally eating your house :laugh:

haha.. thanks clyde!

she has a few TINY spots of brown on her neck but she is essentially all black

she is already investigating everyting by chewing so i think you are spot on there!

i disagree that your advice was 'helpful'

must be my attitude again huh?

werent you the one carrying on in another thread about someone needing qualifications to offer advice on these forums? lol..

i disagree that your advice was 'helpful'

must be my attitude again huh?

werent you the one carrying on in another thread about someone needing qualifications to offer advice on these forums? lol..

um sorry that giving the links to the diseases your pup should have been tested for was unhelpful, it seems you would have preferred not to know.

I do still hope for the dogs sake that all is well with her.

Is the breeder registered and did you get ANKC papers with this pup because its starting to sound like a "no" on both of those.

1: i dont know

2: no

what should i do now?

wallow in self pity or leave the pup on the breeders door step?

Return the pup or at least have it DNA tested to know if you're going to be up for heartache in the near future.

i asked about vaccinations and worming etc and she was all up to date with these. the vet agreed and said she was in good health

i havent yet gone down the DNA testing path and while i certianly appreciate the advice and can see its merits, i have no intention of breeding the puppy and my vet is well aware of the situation and did not suggest we need any further testing done. at present im happy to leave it at that and just have fun with my happy healthy puppy.

to put it bluntly your vet is an idiot and has no idea when it comes to SBT's.

Neither L2-HGA or HC can be detected via a physical examination and they require DNA testing.

There are most certainly carriers of both diseases in this country, NO "breeder" ( I use the term loosely) should be mating SBT's without knowing the status of the parents and at the very least a person purchasing an SBT should be given a copy of the parents certificates.

You have been given some invaluable advice from SBT people in the know and have chosen to ignore it. I hope for you and your puppies sake that it all goes well.

ETA: there is no cure for L2-HGA and affected dogs suffer terribly from the symptoms. Dogs affected with HC go blind at a young age and that's certainly not fair on them.

If your breeder knows nothing about L2-HGA and HC, then they probably have no idea about , type, temperament, structure and soundness. SBT puppies can also inherit weak immune systems, which leaves them vulnerable to demodectic mange and allergies. Dogs with poor conformation also produce puppies with poor conformation, patella and cruciate problems are rife in poorly bred SBT's.

As an SBT breeder and enthusiast, I;m passionate about the quality of puppies being produced and even more passionate that potential buyers don't get taken for a ride.

My advice is to return the pup and seek out a breeder who does care.

Edited by Pav Lova

i asked about vaccinations and worming etc and she was all up to date with these. the vet agreed and said she was in good health

i havent yet gone down the DNA testing path and while i certianly appreciate the advice and can see its merits, i have no intention of breeding the puppy and my vet is well aware of the situation and did not suggest we need any further testing done. at present im happy to leave it at that and just have fun with my happy healthy puppy.

to put it bluntly your vet is an idiot and has no idea when it comes to SBT's.

Neither L2-HGA or HC can be detected via a physical examination and they require DNA testing.

There are most certainly carriers of both diseases in this country, NO "breeder" ( I use the term loosely) should be mating SBT's without knowing the status of the parents and at the very least a person purchasing an SBT should be given a copy of the parents certificates.

You have been given some invaluable advice from SBT people in the know and have chosen to ignore it. I hope for you and your puppies sake that it all goes well.

ETA: there is no cure for L2-HGA and affected dogs suffer terribly from the symptoms. Dogs affected with HC go blind at a young age and that's certainly not fair on them.

If your breeder knows nothing about L2-HGA and HC, then they probably have no idea about , type, temperament, structure and soundness. SBT puppies can also inherit weak immune systems, which leaves them vulnerable to demodectic mange and allergies. Dogs with poor conformation also produce puppies with poor conformation, patella and cruciate problems are rife in poorly bred SBT's.

As an SBT breeder and enthusiast, I;m passionate about the quality of puppies being produced and even more passionate that potential buyers don't get taken for a ride.

My advice is to return the pup and seek out a breeder who does care.

+1

The thing is there is not much that can be done now. B's pup is cute, its not going back. What frustrates me is the nerve of the so-called breeder. B, you asked what can be done now? Nothing. What SHOULD have been done is that the breeder should have had the dogs tested BEFORE breeding them. The horse has already bolted in your case.

We recently had a breeder come in to get breed-required health screens done on their previously untested bitch - who was already in pup with the last vial of some famous dog's semen. The bitch failed the health screen and the breeder was devastated, but why wouldn't you test BEFORE getting her pregnant??

What can be done, is to return the pup and not to line such "breeders" pockets, it only serves to encourage them. I don't buy into the emotional black mail card of " what will happen to the puppy if I return it " or " I had to buy it and give it a good home"

Just a quick look at the pics and the puppy is very weak in the pasterns , it has very splayed feet. The "breeder" has neglected to trim nails, the pup has drop ears and is generally of a very poor type.

Edited by Pav Lova

I think you will find people here get frustrated when asked for advice and then its ignored.

everyone told you to make sure the breeder knew what they were doing and health tested, you chose to completley ignore all advice and buy the pup anyway.

To be honest it looks like a xbred lab, if you saw a pic of a proper SBT pup you would see what they are supposed to look like.

wow

i honestly didnt expect the kind of comments ive received in this thread

particularly the last two posters who seem to take some satisfaction in it

absolutely disgusting and pathetic