Foster Dogs

Put up some photos from the nosework workshop in the Kelpies subforum but here are the ones of former foster Smudge doing really, really well at her first attempt at nose work

Smudge - looking huge, but she's actually very wee

nosework07.jpg

nosework08.jpg

She's found the food and she's going for it!

smudgebox.jpg

Update on cream Kelpie cross girl that we recently rescued and transported from Gundagai Pound. Here is her pound photo

kelpiegirl08.jpg

Being transported to her new carer

kelpiegirl06.jpg

She has now been adopted. Apparently she is extremely gentle with little kids and just a lovely little dog.

lily01.jpg

lily02.jpg

lily03.jpg

lily05.jpg

Edited by koalathebear

Over the weekend, we visited this five year old Kelpie named Jess to see if she was suitable for rehoming.

jess01.jpg

jess02.jpg

Her owner moved to a rental property and couldn't keep her. We persuaded him to surrender her to rescue instead of taking her to the pound and to keep her in his care until we could find a suitable carer for her.

She is wonderful with small children, gets along with the elderly ACD cross and little puppy at her old home. She is also house-trained and travels well in a car.

The weather was horrid today but we didn't want her left in her unfortunate situation longer than necessary so we picked her up and dropped her off with her new carer:

jess09.jpg

Her new carer is very dog-savvy and is particularly good with Kelpies. Have a wonderful life, Jess! :)

Edited by koalathebear

Update on cream Kelpie cross girl that we recently rescued and transported from Gundagai Pound. Here is her pound photo

kelpiegirl08.jpg

Being transported to her new carer

kelpiegirl06.jpg

She has now been adopted. Apparently she is extremely gentle with little kids and just a lovely little dog.

lily01.jpg

lily02.jpg

lily03.jpg

lily05.jpg

She was such a sweet dog and the pound was so scary for her. So glad to see her out of her shell and in her home. Does Andrew have these pics yet? He'll be thrilled!

She was such a sweet dog and the pound was so scary for her. So glad to see her out of her shell and in her home. Does Andrew have these pics yet? He'll be thrilled!

Yes, have emailed them to him. I loved her little Burberry leash that she came with :) Will be seeing Andrew on Friday to pick up the two BC cross pups

Sorry to hear that Hannah :'( Hopefully the right home will come along for Bronte soon. We picked up the BC puppies this morning. Andrew was concerned that Gundgaguy was a bit off-colour so we took him to the vet so that they could get parvo tests. Negative, thankfully. It might have been a slight overdose of wormer. Anyway, here are some photos of the cuties. I know they're BC crosses, but their paws are HUGE and they are sooooo fluffy and woolly I can't help wondering what the breed mix is.

Gundaguy and Gundagal at the pound :'( We were just transporting so don't get to name.

gundagaibcs_11.jpg

In ranger's vehicle when we came to pick them up

gundagaibcs_02.jpg

At the vet, examining their negative parvo resulit

gundagaibcs_03.jpg

Getting a bath from OH

gundagaibcs_04.jpg

Getting dried by OH (I'm foster coordinator in the house - OH does all the hard work ;)

gundagaibcs_05.jpg

Wet puppy

gundagaibcs_06.jpg

Wet puppies

gundagaibcs_07.jpg

They are adorable

gundagaibcs_08.jpg

gundagaibcs_09.jpg

This is Nelly. She's my weekend visitor. She came from Harden Pound this morning as her time was up so the rescue i work for kindly offered her a place. She's the perfect mini kelpie, all 8kgs of her. She gets on well with everyone but she definitely sees guinea pigs as a delicacy. Poor Arnie is locked in the back room as Nelly cannot be trusted.

P9200456.jpg

P9200444.jpg

Jess, the Kelpie surrendered by her owner earlier this week is doing well in foster care. We picked her up on Tuesday and delivered her to her foster carer. I have been getting regular updates

"She slept well on her first night."

"She is very well-behaved. Happy to go outside and be toileted without a leash. She is good with the cats and the big ginger cat rubs himself up against her. She is a little timid if you move too fast and she isn't expecting it. She is is excellent with food. Takes treats from your hand very nicely. She falls asleep at my feet when I'm sitting at the couch. "

Then today: "Jess is doing it tough tonight. Settling in well. She loves running and had a huge run this afternoon".

jesschilling.jpeg

:thumbsup:

This is Nelly. She's my weekend visitor. She came from Harden Pound this morning as her time was up so the rescue i work for kindly offered her a place. She's the perfect mini kelpie, all 8kgs of her. She gets on well with everyone but she definitely sees guinea pigs as a delicacy. Poor Arnie is locked in the back room as Nelly cannot be trusted.

P9200456.jpg

P9200444.jpg

OMG - do NOT show those pics to Katdogs!! Nelly is a dead ringer for her failed foster Jodie...

Aaahhh - what the hell, I'm gonna email her the link to the pics... *grin*

T.