Foster Dogs

I'm glad you got Nelly! I was wondering which group got her! I wish I could take her :laugh:

If you think she would be good for sports I will pass the word around. A small Kelpie with good drive would be very popular for sports!

I'm glad you got Nelly! I was wondering which group got her! I wish I could take her :laugh:

If you think she would be good for sports I will pass the word around. A small Kelpie with good drive would be very popular for sports!

Please do pass the word around. She chases the ball with Maybe and Huxley and I think she'd be great for agility or any kind of sports. She has a heap of energy and she could be taught to focus her natural drive. Nelly's time was coming to a close and she was too awesome to not rescue :D

Edited by mixeduppup

Hey MUP is Nelly still available, is she really 8kg and how did she get on with a little dog? Who should my friend contact - he's been looking for the right girl like her!

Hi, she's 8kgs give or take breakfast. She much prefers smaller dogs, she can be a bit growly at bigger dogs as she's scared of them but is already improving in this area. I'm organising Nelly's adoption so she can call me directly. I'll pm you my details :)

Danny's Darling - your crate is getting lots of usage :) Little Sparky is on trial adoption now but the crate was used by the two Black Hellions from Gundagai when Lee was temp caring them while they were waiting to head off to Victoria :laugh: I suspect it will see constant bleachings and usage.

Danny's Darling - your crate is getting lots of usage :) Little Sparky is on trial adoption now but the crate was used by the two Black Hellions from Gundagai when Lee was temp caring them while they were waiting to head off to Victoria :laugh: I suspect it will see constant bleachings and usage.

I'm glad it has been used to transport such beauties :thumbsup::thumbsup: .

Little Sparky ?? :eek:

Edited by Danny's Darling

• 2 weeks later...

Former foster Smudge visited Canberra recently when chequeredblackdog and Reggie were competing in the agility trial at CDC. Smudge has lost her puppy teeth and has had a growth spurt!!! :eek: She is still beautiful :)

5oct2013_01.jpg

5oct2013_02.jpg

Nutmeg (now Nina) in Victoria is also doing well :)

nina01.jpg

nina02.jpg

Edited by koalathebear

Latest foster ... this is Juniper's pound photo from Gundagai Pound. It really doesn't so her justice.

juniper00.jpg

She's a very shy, frightened little girl but extremely affectionate and anxious for pats - she just crawls on her belly to get them and runs away from you if you're standing up. She also urinates in fear. I'm not sure what her past was.

juniper01.jpg

juniper02.jpg

juniper03.jpg

We can't foster her immediately because she's not vaccinated, so I had her vaccinated while she was still at the pound and now while her vaccinations kick in, she's being temp cared by a fellow foster carer's mother - who has applied to foster so that she can help.

This guy hitched a ride for the Tuckerbox-Queanbeyan leg of today's journey. His name is Max and he's a 5 year old Maltese/JRT whose owner died recently. He's now in care with Maree at Canberra Pooch Rescue.

max01.jpg

max02.jpg

We took Juniper to Braidwood to meet up with her temp carer.

juniper04.jpg

Waiting in the cold and wind :)

juniper05.jpg

juniper06.jpg

Here she is in temp care

juniper07.jpg

We'll pick her up next week.

Edited by koalathebear