Need Help Finding A Name For A Group

Sue & Waldo

We are starting a monthly get-together for dog owners, especially the elderly or disabled, to meet with their dogs. Volunteers will exercise their dogs. We are going to arrange for a vet to visit as well as help with grooming and bathing. We all know that pets are so important to us all and we are anxious to help the elderly keep their dogs.

At the moment we have a building and volunteers. We don't have a name.

We are referring to this as a "Get Together" and this is amazingly lame! I can say that because I came up with it.

I sort of thought of "Companionship, Coffee & Canines"

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Sorry I'm no help with a name but just wanted to say what a cool idea that is. If I was closer you'd have one extra volunteer. So many older people who would benefit from the companionship a dog could give them wont get one because they are worried about it's exercise, who will take it to the vet ect. My mum (85)is like this...she also wont get a dog because she is worried she'll die and the dog will be all alone, something not nice but needs to be discussed nevertheless.

Guest RANDCMOORE31

I don't have a name for you - but I think what you are doing is wonderful and an absolutely fabulous idea.

"Support for Elderly and Disabled Dog Owners"

That can be shortened to SEADDO.

IMO Get the important information about what your group is all about into your name. If you're catering to the elderly and disabled you want to make it as clear as possible who you are and what you do. Remember many members of your target demographic may be less able to use social media, the internet etc to search for more detailed information, so a descriptive name will be very helpful to them.

Its a great idea, keep us posted on your progress.