Finally Got It!

tlc

Hi Guys, I finally got my 7D, actually I wasn't getting it for a little while longer but I just couldn't help myself, Not enough funds to get the lens I wanted just yet so i just got the 50mm 1.8.

So far I love love love it and have only have a little play.

I have a question for any of you guys with the same camera, the shutter feels and sounds springy and tinny, is this normal? I have googled and found a few people have said the same thing, I know its probably because I am not used to it, but with my track record lately I just want to know that it is normal. So when I take a photo apart from the tinny sound the button feels spongy under my finger, like I take the shot and it could press down even further if that makes sense. I am hoping it is normal. Think I will pop back to the shop tomorrow and have a play with the one in the shop to see if its the same.

in the mean time he's a couple of quick snaps I took while having a play this evening.

5f80d80f.jpg

80e78173.jpg

2b4364a1.jpg

888b8c50.jpg

Edited by tlc

Thanks, I popped the same post in the POTN forum and a few there seem to think its all good so that s good news, still think I will pop back to the shop tomorrow! But still super excited to have it!

Kirislin, do you find your shutter button depresses a long way say like after you take the photo the button can go down even further?

Not really, I just tried pushing it with the camera turned off, and it feels like there's a bit of spring in there, but when it's turned on if you push it, it takes the photo. I dont keep pushing down after it's taken the shot.

Yea I guess there is no reason to keep pushing it down after the shot is taken, it's just so different than anything I've shot with before. Heading out shortly will go check out the display model just for piece of mind, but I'm sure it's all good after the amount I've googled everyone says the same thing. Thanks

I know after seeing you guys with the whippet shots, that's one of the things that made up my mind. Not sure how I'll go with the plastic fantastic lens, saving up now for the 70 - 200 f4

The guy who sold me the camera is a Nikon user and her tried to sway me back to the Nikon 7000 but I had really made up my mind, if I was rich I would have got both! :laugh:

I know after seeing you guys with the whippet shots, that's one of the things that made up my mind. Not sure how I'll go with the plastic fantastic lens, saving up now for the 70 - 200 f4

The guy who sold me the camera is a Nikon user and her tried to sway me back to the Nikon 7000 but I had really made up my mind, if I was rich I would have got both! :laugh:

me too I think! I don't have that "mine's better than yours" attitude, it just happened that I went with Canon at the start and sort of commited myself to them then.