August Challenge

tlc

thanks guys :D

huga ... your boys are such good little models, love his expressions in both those :)

oh I forgot about the exif data

Lotus is with the 105mm @f/3.5 ISO100 with the 400D in the morning, and Chester is with the 30mm @f/2.0 ISO100 with the 50D in the afternoon, and oops just noticed Chester's was taken 30July, thought it was August :o

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorgeous shots Huga,

One from me, not a recent one but a personal challenge inspired by Snook, thanks so much I finally figured it out, the last tutorial in the Kim Klassen site is brilliant and so easy to follow.

file-111.jpg

thanks all

huga:

I always forget you have the 105 too!

I seriously think I have too many lenses now, I'm embarrassed to admit to them all :o ... AND I can never decide which ones to use or leave behind when I take a walk.

tlc nice one of the brown lab :) what was the personal challenge?

Saxon and his petting face, he loves being loved ... want to get this look when he's getting petted by someone else

7880128864_4f76e68545_z.jpg

Canon 50D, 30mm @f/1.4 ss 1/1600

Dont be embarrassed, its awesome to have lots. :laugh: I wish I had one of each! Since I got the 7D (6 weeks ago) ive got the Canon 50mm 1.8 the Canon 40mm the Sigma 17 - 70 and now the Canon 100mm f2.8 macro (hopefully arriving tomorrow! I was the same today ummm now which one to take. :laugh: I decided on the 40mm as I haven't used it much, its a versatile great little lens so far.

Saxon looks like such a smoocher, he has a lovely face. :)

The brown lab shot was an old one but I have been trying to understand how to do textures in PS and Snook so kindly sent me a few links to tutorials and I finally got it. :laugh: so I picked a picture to try it with and I liked that one but the back ground was meh so I texturised it. I'll probly be adding texture to everything now I know how. :rofl: Thanks Snook!!

A couple form today

file-116.jpg

file-118.jpg

file-117.jpg

Edited by tlc

I'm a minimalist, I only have the three primes. I've been dreaming about an 85mm 1.4 though :love: A nice fit between the 50mm and the 105mm, I think.

see I have that one too :laugh:

Do I need it?

Dont be embarrassed, its awesome to have lots. :laugh: I wish I had one of each! Since I got the 7D (6 weeks ago) ive got the Canon 50mm 1.8 the Canon 40mm the Sigma 17 - 70 and now the Canon 100mm f2.8 macro (hopefully arriving tomorrow! I was the same today ummm now which one to take. :laugh: I decided on the 40mm as I haven't used it much, its a versatile great little lens so far.

Saxon looks like such a smoocher, he has a lovely face. :)

Saxon is most definately a smoocher! love those last 2 particularly, nice :)

huga: need it? I can't say, it's my newest and I haven't had much a good go, the one thing I did find was that I chopped my dogs legs off a fair bit, just not used to the length I guess. Will work on it this week and give you a better review? couldn't even find a single shot from this month

tlc: yeh, the sigma

I played with the sigma in the shop and thought it would be the one I went for but the Canon was $100 cheaper so hopefully I have made the right choice! Not that the Sigma would have been the wrong choice all the reviews were fabulous and the pics form that lens are :thumbsup:

huga - the 85 1.4 is sweet! The question of if you need it is one of those questions :) I'd say yes, coz I love to have options and having another focal length can make one try different things. On the other hand, you may find it's just a bit meh or too much of a compromise in composition since you love your 50 and 105 and are totally making them work in the varied conditions you're shooting in. It does slot in there nicely, though - just a matter of working it with your style which I don't think would be hard, but maybe something that you don't need and the cash could go to something that would open things up for you more? All too hard to decide which is why I just buy stuff :D

Just the Boof-meister again today.

AUG12_144kja.jpg

Thanks, kja :)

It's not cheap, so wouldn't be an impulse thing. TBH, I don't need it. I'm happy with what I've got. Was contemplating updating my 50mm 1.8 to a 1.4, but now I'm not sure. A brand new focal length would be fun...

took the 85mm out this arvo - great for portraits & action especially if you can find some nice late arvo light.

pudcombo.jpg

top one ISO 1600, speed 3200, AV 1.8

bottom one ISO 1600, speed 640 (she ran through the shade), AV 3.2

kja:

All too hard to decide which is why I just buy stuff :D

:laugh: hmm that must be why

I actually got the 85mm on special

nice annie :)

I've been getting a few intuitive moments lately, it seems I took some photos this morning with the 85mm ... here's the best one, of Bonnie (my mum's dog) on our little walk to the You Yangs

7886716116_fee1acc824_z.jpg

canon 50D 85mm @f/1.4 ss 1/6400 ISO100

eta: I also took it out this afternoon with the dogs

Edited by Clicking Mad