Dark Bloody Discharge

Lynai

Good luck with your litter. I won't contribute any more. Except to say that it is funny how certain people are ok with your puppies having shit on them but if it had been me or other posters, there would have been much baying for blood.

:( And that being the case Ellz, why would you put the boot in when you so hate it being done to YOU ?

Ellz, have you had a GIANT breed litter ? the poo output can be monumental, and if you have to separate them to have a wee nap or shower or eat, it doesn't take much for a neonate poo to be wriggled across the lot !!!

Great news Lynai that the battler is looking stronger, pics please !!!

fifi

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is doing fabulous folks, thanks so much.

I am having to supplement with tubefeeding the litter right now because of a lack of milk production, but hopefully that will be righted soon enough.

Here is a pic I took of them sleeping this morning at 3am

0804120320.jpg

Edited by Lynai

:D aawwww...beautiful, I can almost smell the puppy breath !!

fingers crossed now for smooth sailing, thanks for sharing the pics, hopefully milk bar will be full soon.

the more they are on, the more it will flow :)

fifi

Well fifi, the milk bar is just stingy! I have been putting them on and putting them on, she still wont flow very well...she kicked in one night and I thought we had turned a corner, but alas the next day she was back to less than adequate milk production. Meanwhile the litter gets supplemented. It is what it is.

Monteba, Bullbreedlover, Saff, thanks so much for your kind and encouraging words..the pups are really gaining now, even the little one that was touch and go has turned into a pork chop and is only just a smidge smaller than his litter mates, so he is catching up nicely. He was born only weighing 445 grams and now weighs in at 685.

Merrirose, yep the whole litter is fawn, and probably the majority will have black guard hairs through out the coat to some extent, so lighter than others. I really like the "sooty" peppered look, hoping the girl I end up picking has them, but alas, not a deal breaker ;)

:D aawwww...beautiful, I can almost smell the puppy breath !!

fingers crossed now for smooth sailing, thanks for sharing the pics, hopefully milk bar will be full soon.

the more they are on, the more it will flow :)

fifi

Isn't puppy breathe so wonderful?

Lynai there is a supplement that can be given to increase milk supply. I cant remember what it is called though. We have never had to use it.

If her milk supply doesnt come to much and you have to supplement the babies all through then that is what has to be done. There is always something that will challenge us.

Lynai have you tried your bitch on Fenugreek? It worked wonders for our girl last year - I was supplementing every feed like you, and after two days of fenugreek tea didn't have to any more.

I bought the seeds from the health food shop, soaked them in boiling water for a while, then when cool mixed with a milk replacer powder. My bitch was guzzling it down - and raised all 12 pups without supplementing once the milk kicked in.

Lynai have you tried your bitch on Fenugreek? It worked wonders for our girl last year - I was supplementing every feed like you, and after two days of fenugreek tea didn't have to any more.

I bought the seeds from the health food shop, soaked them in boiling water for a while, then when cool mixed with a milk replacer powder. My bitch was guzzling it down - and raised all 12 pups without supplementing once the milk kicked in.

yes definitely get them onto this it is brilliant :thumbsup:

Thats the stuff :thumbsup:

Yes to Fenugreek :thumbsup: and yes, however you have to do it, you get it into them !!

(shudders at the memory of hand rearing a litter on my own many years ago...three weeks...no sleep !!)

I think we must be due for more piccies soon Lynai :)

fifi