Sup What Is It

goldyoldy

I am very dissappointed in the new Australian Supreme Champion award and title name,

I have received my registration papers and they are just listed as SUP CH.

this could mean supplementary , super or anything. SUP is very poor when it is to appear on pedigrees for generations

What are overseas people going to make of this

AT least the Lilydale show Secretarys put an SUPR in the catalogue.

I was also a bit dissappointed to learn that any 10 BIG not 25 point BIG can count.

This has taken the glamour right off the award. Yes I am sorry for those people who live bush

but city people go bush so bush people can go city. I consider that a dog has truly made it when it can take a group at a major city show.

It is nice to recognize the great acheivers in any breed, group or show, but I do not think that this new title is doing that.

It was a thrill to acheive mine but looking into it a little deeper I am now dissappointed.

ALso there appeared to be some sort of race to obtain the first SUP ch. why, who cares, some states did not have shows it just made a a mockery of this title.

I was very prooud of my award but now the glitz has gone.

yes just SUP doesn't seem right I agree with that part of your post.

But......... you didn't have to apply for it. No one made you.

It's not just bush people going to the city, are the people in N.T. expected to fly to Adelaide or Sydney to make sure all their groups are 25 pointers? Why let it bother you about what size the BIG is or that some people tried to claim their dog as being the first?

You said you were proud of your award, ( I am sure you meant the dog's award ) but now the glitz has been taken away. The only thing taking away the glitz is your attitude.

I disagree with your argument about bush people can go to the city and should have to get 25 point BIG. Sure, bush people can go to the city - a few times a year, tops, for most people. City people have the opportunity nearly every weekend to show at a city show. Therefore more chances to win a large BIG. It would be a disadvantage for country people.

FWIW - I am a city person :).

Personally, I don't understand why you are disappointed, it's still a huge achievement that you should be proud of.

I have to say that I am bemused by your post!

To say that you dislike the abbreviation Sup Ch - did you dislike Gr Ch too???

Do you have a problem with the reverting of the Gr Ch qualifications back to the previous

1000 points and nothing else???

How could the abbreviation of the title possibly take the glamour off the award?

Winning BIG at any show is an achievement - and I am sure that many people would be delighted

to win regardless of the number of points involved.

Be proud of your dog and what it has achieved! There would be many who would be thrilled to

achieve this distinction, and they may never do it...

I am very dissappointed in the new Australian Supreme Champion award and title name,

I have received my registration papers and they are just listed as SUP CH.

this could mean supplementary , super or anything. SUP is very poor when it is to appear on pedigrees for generations

What are overseas people going to make of this

AT least the Lilydale show Secretarys put an SUPR in the catalogue.

I was also a bit dissappointed to learn that any 10 BIG not 25 point BIG can count.

This has taken the glamour right off the award. Yes I am sorry for those people who live bush

but city people go bush so bush people can go city. I consider that a dog has truly made it when it can take a group at a major city show.

It is nice to recognize the great acheivers in any breed, group or show, but I do not think that this new title is doing that.

It was a thrill to acheive mine but looking into it a little deeper I am now dissappointed.

ALso there appeared to be some sort of race to obtain the first SUP ch. why, who cares, some states did not have shows it just made a a mockery of this title.

I was very prooud of my award but now the glitz has gone.

Sup Ch. Is an abreviated like any title, same as Ch, Gr Ch. Or any titles on the end of a dogs name like AD, JD, JDX...

I don't see how the abrieviation makes the title any less valuable ??

I would be extremely proud of a Sup Ch in front of my dogs name :-)

I think the complaint is that SUP could be interpretedas supplementary to non-showie people. That is what I thought it stood for when I first saw it. SUPR would have made more sense. Not a big deal anyway, dogs don't care about titles.

I think the complaint is that SUP could be interpretedas supplementary to non-showie people. That is what I thought it stood for when I first saw it. SUPR would have made more sense. Not a big deal anyway, dogs don't care about titles.

And non-dog show people don't care about title either, so if they don't know what it means it really doesn't matter! Also, if a non-dog show person DOES know what SUP means, it probably still doesn't mean anything to them.

Ie: Thanks to this thread, I now know it means "Super" something, but it still means nothing to me :p

It sounds like it's used by the OP as a status symbol more than anything.