Best Vehicles For Dog Trainers

Lollipup

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please post it here. I am taking in as many photo examples as I can get! Still can't decide between a van or a ute. If we got a dual cab ute, it would be our family 4WD as OH has an old one that needs to go and he would downgrade to a run around car. So it would be multi purposed. If I were looking at getting one for only the business, a van might win for practicality. Also with a ute, our dogs would ride in the back seats the majority of the time unless they are dirty.

I bought a Mercedes Benz Sprinter (2003 model) van (like the ones the couriers drive) last year and have done it up specifically so I can go anywhere with my dogs and have all my gear in one place.

I have had the roof and walls insulated since these photo's were taken so the noise in minimal and it is nice and warm inside now.

Hi there,

I am in the process of sourcing insulation materials to insulate and line my van so it is comfortable for me and my pup to go away in (both for keeping the van cool in summer and warm in winter), can you tell me what kind of insulation you used for your van and how you installed it BC4ME? Or if anyone else has had experience with insulating a van, any suggestions would be appreciated, both of materials and possible suppliers in NSW or ACT.

Cheers, Jive

I bought a Mercedes Benz Sprinter (2003 model) van (like the ones the couriers drive) last year and have done it up specifically so I can go anywhere with my dogs and have all my gear in one place.

I have had the roof and walls insulated since these photo's were taken so the noise in minimal and it is nice and warm inside now.

Hi there,

I am in the process of sourcing insulation materials to insulate and line my van so it is comfortable for me and my pup to go away in (both for keeping the van cool in summer and warm in winter), can you tell me what kind of insulation you used for your van and how you installed it BC4ME? Or if anyone else has had experience with insulating a van, any suggestions would be appreciated, both of materials and possible suppliers in NSW or ACT.

Cheers, Jive

This interests me too.

For those who have X Trails with Puppy Bars instead of the standard Cargo Barrier (If there are any such people here); can you please post photos and prices so that I can look at changing my cargo barrier for fitted puppy bars? :)

The Puppy Bars go at the back of the car, near the door, not were the cargo barrier is. You can have puppy bars and no cargo barrier if you want.

can i ask where you get puppy bars from?

From Puppy Bars :) http://www.puppybars.com/

For those who have X Trails with Puppy Bars instead of the standard Cargo Barrier (If there are any such people here); can you please post photos and prices so that I can look at changing my cargo barrier for fitted puppy bars? :)

I had my cargo barrier and gates fitted at the same time by Puppy Bars. If there's no cargo barrier they will just jump over the back seats (well mine would anyhow) unless you want to fold your seats flat so they have double space behind the rear gates?

You can find pics on their website but you are best to email for prices in case you want a divider and other extras.

dandybrush i don't have that one, but i recently bought the one that has the bars that you twist into position into the roof and floor. They are quite flimsy and my dog pretty much bent one of the poles trying to get through. She then worked out that they just sort of move in and out like a trombone handle and she gets through now.

hopefully someone will come along soon who has had their car set up done in adelaide. I'm getting a quote done for mine tonight, from the person who does it in Perth... thanks to RubyStar who recommended him :)

dandybrush our WalkyGuard survived a pretty nasty head on crash with both dogs in the back (50kg+ worth of dog). To be fair they were asleep so didn't really hit the bars :p They are pretty sturdy.

Edited to add: They actually don't fit all cars, they wouldn't fit in our Mazda 323. They also didn't fit in the Toyota Corolla wagon but we put them in backwards which worked :p

Edited by wuffles

you are right - it's a cheap and nasty!! i thought it'd work in conjunction with my current one which is a cloth type barrier... but it didn't :laugh:

The link you posted definitely does look more sturdy than the one I have, but I've come to the conclusion that only the strongest possible solution will keep my bitch in the back ;)