What Else Can I Use For Stiff Joints Then Sasha's Blend ?

My 7 yr old Cattle dog Bella is showing signs of stiffness in one leg and hips after lying down (mainly by the end of the day)

Other then cutting back on her activities and focusing on gentle exercise I already use Sasha's blend in her evening meal but wondered if the time has come to add additional supplements.

But I'm not sure what , do fish oil ( for humans) capsules help or should I aim for specific dog supplements etc. Being pensioners we need to watch the cost so if a human supplement is similar to a dog one then that would be more cost effective but I don't want to do the wrong thing or mess about with trial and error .

I'd would love some advise :)

You can use human glucosamine, fish oils and green lipped mussel powder.

It might be cheaper for you to get the human stuff as sasha's blend is really quite expensive.

Has bella tried cartrophen injections yet? These are usually very cheap (around $10 an injection) and can often help a lot.

If none of this helps you could start her on some anti inflammatories.

We use Glyde. We found it far more effective for our dogs than Sashas Blend, Joint Guard or repeat treatments of cartrophen shots. It is quite expensive though.

Edited by Dxenion

Try MSM & Glucosamine mix. We use it on our horses with bad joints & it works wonders. We have a horse that usually needs shots in his knee to keep him moving & this mix combined has worked so well he requires no more needles.

Ebay the mix as one lady sells it on there really cheap otherwise you will pay stupid amounts.

Try MSM & Glucosamine mix. We use it on our horses with bad joints & it works wonders. We have a horse that usually needs shots in his knee to keep him moving & this mix combined has worked so well he requires no more needles.

Ebay the mix as one lady sells it on there really cheap otherwise you will pay stupid amounts.

Do you have a link for this lady?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/110755489277?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_767wt_952

Dxenion, we give the horses a 30g scoop amount & the boys we give it to are both around 600-700kgs. This would last a long time on the dogs. I know a lot of people who use this as well with great results.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/110755489277?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_767wt_952

Dxenion, we give the horses a 30g scoop amount & the boys we give it to are both around 600-700kgs. This would last a long time on the dogs. I know a lot of people who use this as well with great results.

Thank you.

Thanks. This stuff is a great price :thumbsup:

I see they come in seperate bags. Do you mix them together?

She also has a joint formular with a few extra ingredients. :thumbsup:

smile.gif Glad I could help. My friend mixes hers together however I prefer not to in case the glucosamine settles at the bottom so I go 3/4 of a 30g scoop MSM & the other 1/4 Glucosamine.

I'm considering giving our RR it just as a precaution & I'll give him half a teaspoon.

I gave my late gsd (34kg) half a human grade 1500 mg glusosamine/Condroiton tablet daily crushed up in her food. My vet had told me that was the right dose for her size.A much cheaper than Sashas Blend and the likes. I also added fish oil to her diet.

Already arrived today ! Hubby was worried as he says it could be anything in the pack but I showed him the sellers feedback so he's ok about it now. I guess unless I had been given a referral I probably wouldn't buy it online like that . The pack has no ingredient list either .

Maybe he should take some for a week :laugh: