Skeeter Makes Me Laugh

W Sibs

Skeeter, my Samoyed puppy, is my baby. I loved him even before he got him. I've waited a long time for him and now that he is here, he is everything I've ever want/dreamed for.. and then some!!

Here is one of the "then some" story (and I have plenty of them)...

Skeeter has this weird quirk that he likes getting my LEFT shoe and run around the house with it and then hides it (he often forget where he hides stuff too). So far, the boy hasn't been a chewer, he just likes carrying things in his mouth and hides it. So this morning, I worked out what I was going to wear to work, it was all planned out. Black pant, white top and black flats. Simple. Easy. Walked into my clothes room and noticed my LEFT black flats is missing. Everything was in a neat order and there was a gap missing where the flat was suppose to be!!! I knew it was Skeeter who did it, who else will take my shoes? Charlie has never taken shoes in his life and Emmy, well, she likes thongs and shoelaces (thankfully has grown out of that phase). And if Emmy did take it, she is the worst hider in the world and if you tell her to get something, she often does.

Anyway, I spend 45 minutes looking for my left black flats, I eventually had to give up and now wearing my grey flat that doesn't go with my outfit. So, today, whenever I look down at my grey flats, I'm shaking my head with a sigh and then start giggling thinking that people have warned me that you have to have a sense of humor to own a Samoyed... I now understand :D

I wonder how long it will take me tonight to find my shoe?

Do you guys have a "then some" stories?

I still laugh about this even now. Jasper will be 4 at the end of September, but I recall when he also had a liking for shoes. He also didn't chew them. One day on coming home I noticed a pair of my husband's shoes NEATLY placed at the bottom of the stairs. I asked hubby why in the world he placed them there and it was soon discovered that the only culprit was my boy Jasper. What a smart puppy dog!!!

Skeeter sounds so cute!

My youngest (now 4 and a half) loves and always has shoes socks and slippers, he has quite the fettish. :laugh: As we don't wear shoes inside he has to be happy with socks and slippers, he never chews them but just carts them everywhere if he can get a hold of them. I find random sippers and socks everywhere. Everytime he has one and I have my phone handy I snap a picture so he has his own album. :laugh:

Slippers and Sock dog!

Soooooo many! Let's see, the time when I thought my newly adopted girl had hurt herself on our first run together, only for the vet to discover she was faking (forgot which leg and limped on the wrong one), seeing my little tibbie man (again newly adopted and chosen by my first dog so hadn't breed researched) climb up a brick wall like a cat.......

:laugh:

that was very nice of Jasper to put the shoes out for your husband :)

tlc.. cutest photos! your baby looks so happy with a sock in his mouth!

fake limping.. :laugh:

Edited by W Sibs

fake limping.. :laugh:

She is terrible - a combination of very smart and very lazy (unless she is chaing something!)

I had dreams of long runs with my dog, hence adopting a JRT X........and I got a lazy lap dog haha!

She has also played dead to avoid going on morning walks. She doesn't do mornings, we have to wake her up and try to encourage her to get up......

She sounds like my Charlie. He doesn't make an appearance till after 10am, and if we make him get out of bed before 10am, he will give you a dirty look and walk to his day bed and go back to sleep. If you try to wake him up there, he will turn his back at you and give a huge sigh as though you're annoying him and to go away.

I understand how difficult it is to try to wake up a dog who doesn't want to wake up.. :o

Coloured Bras. Petunia, mum's shih tzu used to raid my cupboard to get only the bright coloured bras out and race up and down the hall with them, chewing and throwing them and having the time of her life.

I've long since moved out, but still have one bright yellow one that was the particular favourite, and it still bears signs of wear from little puppy teeth.

That is so cute, you may be poorly colour co-ordinatated for a while yet :laugh:

Ella is a sock girl, luckliy for us she always takes both socks at the same time and seems to bring them back. Different story with the washing machine, it takes 2 and most the time gives one back.

Edited by Finnesse

She sounds like my Charlie. He doesn't make an appearance till after 10am, and if we make him get out of bed before 10am, he will give you a dirty look and walk to his day bed and go back to sleep. If you try to wake him up there, he will turn his back at you and give a huge sigh as though you're annoying him and to go away.

I understand how difficult it is to try to wake up a dog who doesn't want to wake up.. :o

You are lucky. My dogs wake up at 5 am and are ready for their walk! Even on weekends!!!

Roscoe figured out long ago, that if he would put a toy in my lap, I would often throw it for him. Its a little annoying at times, but pretty adorable and convenient if I want to play with him and do a bit of work/read a book at the same time. Watching him get super frustrated when I gently place the toy about 30 cm away instead of throwing it, and he picks it up and plonks it in my lap over and over again is always hilarious :D.

I was asleep on the couch, and when I got up, about 8 toys fell off my back. It seems that Roscoe has been carefully placing toy after toy "Maybe you'll throw This one..hmm what about this one?" not understanding I was sound asleep.

One of Jarrah's favourite things in the world is sneaking into the guest room and stealing hairbrushes and tooth brushes. I always warn guests - keep your bedroom door closed, but inevitably they forget and you will see a streak of Jarrah racing through the house with toothbrush or hairbrush clamped firmly within a huge triumphant grin. And she slows down when she see us paying attention - as if to say "Look what I have and you don't!" and flicks her paws up as she trots over to her crate with it to give it a thorough chewing - you know that strut where they flick their paws up when they're so just utterly delighted with themselves. XD Its the little things like this that provide her with most joy in life. :laugh:

All my friends and family have loving teethmarks all over their hairbrush handles, not sure what it is about hair brushes and toothbrushes in particular but I doubt any brush has ever escaped this house unmauled. XD

Roscoe figured out long ago, that if he would put a toy in my lap, I would often throw it for him. Its a little annoying at times, but pretty adorable and convenient if I want to play with him and do a bit of work/read a book at the same time. Watching him get super frustrated when I gently place the toy about 30 cm away instead of throwing it, and he picks it up and plonks it in my lap over and over again is always hilarious :D.

I was asleep on the couch, and when I got up, about 8 toys fell off my back. It seems that Roscoe has been carefully placing toy after toy "Maybe you'll throw This one..hmm what about this one?" not understanding I was sound asleep.

Oh yeah, I used to get half chewed marrow bones deposited in my lap, I think Jarrah's reasoning was while she can't always get me to play fetch or tug with her usual toys, surely I couldn't possibly be able to resist a game with a delicious half chewed marrow bone. :laugh:

Mercifully she's finally learnt marrow bones in the house are just not acceptable, so I don't get them dumped in my lap when I'm inside anymore. XD