Hard Life Being A Dog Here

smisch

tumblr_m694u01NN11qzlojto1_500.jpg

Not dogs, but this is what I wake up to and leave all warm and snuggled up every morning at 7am.

I've often woken up with no blankets on because the boyfriend has decided the cats look cold and tucked them in some more.

Worth noting they tuck themselves in with their heads on the pillow and arms out of the blankets, sigh.

Worked fine when I was single!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tumblr_m694u01NN11qzlojto1_500.jpg

Not dogs, but this is what I wake up to and leave all warm and snuggled up every morning at 7am.

I've often woken up with no blankets on because the boyfriend has decided the cats look cold and tucked them in some more.

Worth noting they tuck themselves in with their heads on the pillow and arms out of the blankets, sigh.

Worked fine when I was single!

Gorgeous photo - yep know what you mean - it gets awfully crowded! I swear I need to buy a kingsize bed next time - its incredible how much room three westies take up - and ones a compact little man! :)

What bed? :laugh: I get the Gaza Strip down the RHS of my queensize bed if I'm lucky... and Andy even insists on putting his head on my pillow!! :rofl: The things we do...

Yep I get the same. 60 kilos of greyhound that take pillows and doona and I'm perched on the RHS holding on for grim death :laugh: As summer approaches Stan will bail and sleep on the lounge but Maddie will hang in there...after all that's when the fan comes out.

Yep me too! Some nights I wake up with a westie in my back, about to go over the edge... Then the 3 am re-arrangement happens... Then we all go back to sleep until the alarm goes off... And then I get up to get Mac his pill ( 30 minutes before breakfast in a little cheese of course), and bring them all a snippet back to the bedroom as three sleepy westie heads emerge from the blankets... Not quite breakfast in bed but close enough.... I then have a shower and dress and then give them breakfast and go to work so I can support them in the style to which they've become far too accustomed... (where's rolly eyes when you need him!).... As I said before... The things we do... :)

The rearrangement happens at 2am here! Annie starts out on top of the doona, then at 2am she gets up, has a shake, then taps me on the shoulder so I can lift up the doona so she can crawl under. This is generally when Maxie comes out from under the doona and curls up on a pillow. The other two don't even wake up...

:laugh: Yep we have re-arrangement time as well. No set time just usually after I've said out loud for the 10th time...Stanley will you moooove over! I don't know how she does it but Maddie manages to swap her boomerang pillow with my very expensive arthritis pillow. I wake up with a stiff neck and she's snug as a bug with a little smile on her face :)

Loving this thread! But I do have 2 questions I would dearly love the answers to:

a) Why is it that my Deerhound x Greyhound (MacDuff) and my Borzoi (Nikita) can curl up into the tightest, smallest of doggy balls everywhere else in the house, yet once on my bed they seem to ooze out into a giant puddle of dogginess, like a bearskin rug (leaving no room for me)? and

b) Why is it that gravity seems to work about 4 times stronger on my bed, so that a 25kg dog suddenly seems to weigh around 100kgs - particularly when I am trying to get it off the bed?

Maybe these are questions that are just mysteries of the Universe :)

Edited by perygrine

Loving this thread! But I do have 2 questions I would dearly love the answers to:

a) Why is it that my Deerhound x Greyhound (MacDuff) and my Borzoi (Nikita) can curl up into the tightest, smallest of doggy balls everywhere else in the house, yet once on my bed they seem to ooze out into a giant puddle of dogginess, like a bearskin rug (leaving no room for me)? and

b) Why is it that gravity seems to work about 4 times stronger on my bed, so that a 25kg dog suddenly seems to weigh around 100kgs - particularly when I am trying to get it off the bed?

:laugh: I have asked those same questions myself perygrine. I also wonder why Stan feels the need to fall on me like a felled tree instead of just gently laying down.

:laugh: I have asked those same questions myself perygrine. I also wonder why Stan feels the need to fall on me like a felled tree instead of just gently laying down.

Mosley does that...he will crawl up as if I can't see him but as soon as he thinks I've noticed him "plonk"! 45kg of dog right on my chest...I swear he thinks he's a chi or something!

I'm a mean mummy tonight.. Making my kids sleep in their "room" aka the kitchen/ bathroom lol.. Sore neck and shoulders from sharing the pillow with Leo the last few nights.. OH will let them in for cuddles in the morning and good chance is they'll stay for sleep ins lol!!

They still have their glamors though, beds and matts and 2 crates with comfy matts and if it's really cold Ella gets her jumper on lol!! It's their room for during the day when we're at work lol lowchen inside and lakie and afghan out lol

Mosley does that...he will crawl up as if I can't see him but as soon as he thinks I've noticed him "plonk"! 45kg of dog right on my chest...I swear he thinks he's a chi or something!

Glad to hear I'm not alone, Stans Mum and Aussie3! MacDuff thumps down on me like a body-slamming wrestler, while Kita carefully places her bottom delicately down, but always right on top of me.

Very hard life for my Jake, my daughter and I lie on the couch to watch TV at night, heads at one end feet at the other. Despite not watching TV Jake must lie at the head end between us, he leaps onto the couch, actively climbs over us into the 5cm gap between us and then gets a mighty attack of "jello-bones"and is completely unable to be shifted from between us!! 22kgs of dead weight bulldog :laugh:

We have a king size bed, you'd think that would be heaps of room for my husband and I. But add 1 x german shepherd, 1 x cattle dog, 1 x chihuahua, 1 x pomeranian and the odd cat or two (one of whom believes my pillow is HIS pillow), there is very little room left. We also have four pups, but the german shepherd won't let them sleep on the bed at night (fine with them being on the bed during the day), so they sleep in their own room off our room (weird house layout).

My husband often works away from home, so you'd think I'd be looking forward to all the extra space in the bed when he's away. But no, german shepherd then decides he is the man of the house and so sleeps sprawled out in "daddy's" spot, complete with head on "daddy's" pillow. Poor old "mum" - me - still gets squished up in a corner.

We were seriously thinking of getting another king size bed and having them both side-by-side, but I know what would happen - hubby would starfish out all on his own in one bed and I would still be squished up in a corner with everyone else in the other bed!

Due to the puppies claiming our bed as their personal playground during the day and us going to bed with bits of stick, chewed up toys and other "treasures" they have buried in it during the day, we've decided to raise our bed up (too high for puppies to jump up!) and make a dog den underneath it.

:laugh: I'm loving the bed hoggers in this thread. Does anyone else go to sleep with their dogs head resting on your pillow and wake up with a butt in your face? That ones a regular here.

Yep.

I've fallen asleep on the couch before and woken with Mosley lying on top of me with his boof head right next to mine but Lili is the butt-face. She will go to sleep on the floor and I'll wake up and she's up between us licking my OH's face with her butt in mine.....

ETA: Had to add we have been readying our house for some guests which has meant getting a new bed and a few rugs....everytime we put something new down be it rug or mattress, Mosley is on it within .1 of a milisecond :laugh:

He even made his way into the bed frame as we were buidling it, stayed there until almost all the slats were on and then decided he better get out...not without trouble might I add :laugh:

Edited by Aussie3

:laugh: I'm loving the bed hoggers in this thread. Does anyone else go to sleep with their dogs head resting on your pillow and wake up with a butt in your face? That ones a regular here.

My old SBT girl (RIP) used to always sleep with her smelly bum next to my head so I invented the 'fart pillow'. It was a soft round pillow that wpuld be plonked against her butt in case I rolled over during the night that would buffer the odours.

Mind you her snoring was so bad I had to wear ear plugs as well, but there is nothing worse than waking to a hairy arse first thing in the morning!

My heart SBT likes to sleep on my legs and sometimes my back. I have had dreams where I was trying to run away from danger but couldn't, like my legs wouldn't work, only to wake up to several tonne of dog lying on top of me.

Edited by Puppy_Sniffer

My old SBT girl (RIP) used to always sleep with her smelly bum next to my head so I invented the 'fart pillow'. It was a soft round pillow that wpuld be plonked against her butt in case I rolled over during the night that would buffer the odours.

Omg - fart pillow! Bha hahahha I need to get me one of those ; p

Mind you her snoring was so bad I had to wear ear plugs as well, but there is nothing worse than waking to a hairy arse first thing in the morning!

My heart SBT likes to sleep on my legs and sometimes my back. I have had dreams where I was trying to run away from danger but couldn't, like my legs wouldn't work, only to wake up to several tonne of dog lying on top of me.

:rofl: love it PS, especially the 'fart pillow'. As I like to plant a kiss on their gorgeous faces randomly during the night, I have to feel around first to make sure it's the pointy end.

I've been in bed all day with a congested head and sinuses.. OH let the kids in before he left this morning and I just hauled my ass up for 5 min to let them out for piddles...

My good snuggle bugs, tried to get photos except they kept moving lol!!

I don't wake up to that, but often wake to find a little head on my shoulder. Very cute!

:laugh: :laugh: fart pillow

We have a king size bed, you'd think that would be heaps of room for my husband and I. But add 1 x german shepherd, 1 x cattle dog, 1 x chihuahua, 1 x pomeranian and the odd cat or two (one of whom believes my pillow is HIS pillow), there is very little room left. We also have four pups, but the german shepherd won't let them sleep on the bed at night (fine with them being on the bed during the day), so they sleep in their own room off our room (weird house layout).

My husband often works away from home, so you'd think I'd be looking forward to all the extra space in the bed when he's away. But no, german shepherd then decides he is the man of the house and so sleeps sprawled out in "daddy's" spot, complete with head on "daddy's" pillow. Poor old "mum" - me - still gets squished up in a corner.

We were seriously thinking of getting another king size bed and having them both side-by-side, but I know what would happen - hubby would starfish out all on his own in one bed and I would still be squished up in a corner with everyone else in the other bed!

Due to the puppies claiming our bed as their personal playground during the day and us going to bed with bits of stick, chewed up toys and other "treasures" they have buried in it during the day, we've decided to raise our bed up (too high for puppies to jump up!) and make a dog den underneath it.

I rehomed one of my foster dogs to a lovely lady who knocked out a bedroom wall to fit a king size bed in the bedroom, just so her small dogs could fit comfortably on the bed. :)

I rehomed one of my foster dogs to a lovely lady who knocked out a bedroom wall to fit a king size bed in the bedroom, just so her small dogs could fit comfortably on the bed. :)

Now that's the kind of person you want to rehome a dog too!! Brilliant! :laugh: