Amazing Dog Grooms!

Cougar

Oh Please, the dogs love the attention. You should see Daisy when I get the grooming box down. She runs to the grooming table waiting patiently to get up and most of the time when she is being dyed she falls asleep on the table! The dye is non toxic and doesn't even have a smell, it is nothing like human hair dye and there is no ammonia. The colours fade and then the dog is shaved off and its not like this is happening to them every day! Probably only once or twice a year.

You couldn't use a dog that didn't like being groomed so these dogs obviously love the attention. I have a lot of respect for my dogs and probably spend a lot more time looking after them than most people would. But each to their own, I'm sure there are lots of people who do things to their dogs that I would find inappropriate.

Dogs like attention such as pats, throwing a ball, being taken for a walk.

Normal grooming would be a bath, a clip and being dried, would it not? Not hours of standing while someone paints ridiculous motifs on the poor creature.

Normal grooming would be a bath, a clip and being dried, would it not? Not hours of standing while someone paints ridiculous motifs on the poor creature.

These dogs are so used to being groomed that it would be no less 'normal' than being given a bath, clip and then being dryed. It's not like the dog cares less about what motifs are being put on it either.

Really? you think the dog would know the difference? do you think the dog is standing there thinking, "I could be playing with a ball right now".

Of course it depends on how you approach grooming with a dog. no dog that has a bad experience is going to enjoy standing there being groomed, but then those dogs wouldn't be used in grooming comps, would they?

I'm not really into the excessive competition creative grooming which often involves several hours of pre competition dye sessions etc. I know several of the top creative groomers on the planet and I know they all love their dogs above all else.

I have a little play from time to time. This is a foster dog I was co fostering a few months back. This bit of creative grooming took an extra 20 mins of grooming on top of the normal bath/haircut session, in which time she had my full attention of belly rubs & chin scratches. We use non toxic Dyex made specifically for dogs. This dog was very happy about grooming. I would never have done it if she was reluctant about grooming in general. She lapped up the extra attention it gained her, but I was astonished by the vitriol I copped from people mainly online when I posted pics of her. She is now settled in a new home btw.

Those 'bedlingtons' are Poodles groomed as Bedlingtons, commonly known as 'Poodlingtons' amongst groomers.

Oh, here's my little foster dog with her fun colours :D

Before, as she entered foster care

post-34343-0-25302500-1347274086_thumb.jpg

After..... not sure if anyone will give me a white foster dog again!

post-34343-0-35223400-1347274134_thumb.jpg

post-34343-0-75139700-1347274156_thumb.jpg

Would I do it - no (no skill, no inclination and not my thing)

Do I think its cruel - no. Unless the dog does not like being groomed and 'fussed' over. When i say 'fussed' I mean on a table with someone handling/brushing/doing something

Who determined that a bath, trim, brush and nails constitues a 'correct' grooming session?

Some dogs like to be groomed, others don't.

I have had dogs that love to be groomed - thoroughly enjoyed being on the table and fussed over. Would have happily spent hours on the table. My current dog actively dislikes it - the only time he is not a happy glass-half-full boy is when he sees a brush. He puts up with it but does not enjoy it.

As I said, not my thing. I am not a fan of dressing dogs up or over the top grooming - but hey - difference makes the world go round

Really? you think the dog would know the difference? do you think the dog is standing there thinking, "I could be playing with a ball right now".

No-one knows what the dogs are really 'thinking' because they can't exactly verbalise their thoughts, can they?

I suppose some dogs may be patient, long suffering and well behaved enough to put up with it all. It is still treating an animal like a toy.

I'm not really into the excessive competition creative grooming which often involves several hours of pre competition dye sessions etc. I know several of the top creative groomers on the planet and I know they all love their dogs above all else.

I have a little play from time to time. This is a foster dog I was co fostering a few months back. This bit of creative grooming took an extra 20 mins of grooming on top of the normal bath/haircut session, in which time she had my full attention of belly rubs & chin scratches. We use non toxic Dyex made specifically for dogs. This dog was very happy about grooming. I would never have done it if she was reluctant about grooming in general. She lapped up the extra attention it gained her, but I was astonished by the vitriol I copped from people mainly online when I posted pics of her. She is now settled in a new home btw.

Those 'bedlingtons' are Poodles groomed as Bedlingtons, commonly known as 'Poodlingtons' amongst groomers.

Arcane....what an awesome job :thumbsup: The Poodle Club of NSW is having a Funday on October 14th.....and it was suggested to me that I might bring my Pink Std Poodle. But your job looks much cuter!! What did you use? Did it take long?

Some of you need to get a grip!! I should post some of my show poodles on show day......they love it!!

As for the grooming at home.....they go to sleep on the table whilst I am brushing them....most other poodle would say the same!! :laugh:

Some fun with non toxic chalks.

My model was a rescue Pyrenean (hence the short haircut - she was is a BAD way when she arrived with us and this was growing back)..

Lisa-Jane was so good and loved all the attention she got on the table. To her it was just cuddle and smooch time.

post-5072-0-75613400-1347326687_thumb.jpg

20081001012.jpg

20080930013.jpg

OMG i love it why oh why can't i dye my rotti this colour :rofl: my dog loves being groomed just not on a table i could groom her all day and she would let me and she is a rotti. Dogs love the attention some very clever ppl in that comp

Arcane....what an awesome job :thumbsup: The Poodle Club of NSW is having a Funday on October 14th.....and it was suggested to me that I might bring my Pink Std Poodle. But your job looks much cuter!! What did you use? Did it take long?

Some of you need to get a grip!! I should post some of my show poodles on show day......they love it!!

As for the grooming at home.....they go to sleep on the table whilst I am brushing them....most other poodle would say the same!! :laugh:

Thank you. I used pink & blue Dyex. After I completed her bath/dry & haircut I gloved up, popped the dye in her ears & tail then foiled them, and then for the dots I use a small applicator brush with half the bristles snipped off I just dip it into a squirt of dye and stick it into the coat and twist. (The coat needs to be reasonably short. I think she had a blue SS comb.) Then I stand there kissing and scratching her until the dye is set, then repeat the bath/blowdry. I'd estimate just 1/2 hrs because she blow dried in a nano second!

I'm not a big fan of the heavily coloured & carved styles but I do kinda like simple designs and ears/tail etc

Does the colour run when its gets bathed out after set....ie will it bleed into the part left white?

Will def do for the funday.

I haven't had a problem with that. I rinse over with water quickly & then hand wash using premixed bottles with warm shampoo/water. You will think it's gonna be a train wreck but it sorts out!