Goat Milk

mossbank

Just wondering if there are any breeders/dog lovers who would be interested in buying unpasteurised GOAT MILK for their pups/dogs?

Whole, fresh GOAT MILK is an important part of a natural diet for dogs, particularly at weaning time for pups, whelping time for bitches and as an easily digestible food for sick animals.

We have a goat dairy which supplies milk to a Victorian cheese factory so the milk is always handled safely.

Just putting feelers out at this stage to see whether there are like minded 'natural diet' breeders who may be interested :)

My last litter I was feeding my bitch goats milk. It was very difficult to find and expensive. Because of this I did not feed it to the pups.

Just wondering what you paid for this milk and whether it was fresh and unpasteurised?

I know it is difficult to find which is why I am exploring people's interest.

Im in Tassie and if it was not going to be too cost prohibitive, I would be very interested... Ive whelped my last 3 litters on it, as well as quite regularly feeding it to my adults, and I LOOOOVE it. Very happy with it :) ...

Understand completely about the cost which is why I am exploring this. I guess to send to Tassie it would be best frozen??

Im in Tassie and if it was not going to be too cost prohibitive, I would be very interested... Ive whelped my last 3 litters on it, as well as quite regularly feeding it to my adults, and I LOOOOVE it. Very happy with it :) ...

Understand completely about the cost which is why I am exploring this. I guess to send to Tassie it would be best frozen??

Yeah I guess so... Would it lose many, if any, nutrients if frozen ???

Darn it.... never mind for the dogs, i want it for ME! As a goat milk drinker it is very difficult. Many supermarkets only stock a few cartons of 'fresh' so often I find no stock. The long life stuff is tolerable but very few stores even stock that :( It is very frustrating having to sometimes go to 3 or 4 shops with all the parking & crap that can go with it just to get milk!

I'd love to know of any fresh goat milk supply in SA?

Edited by Arcane

I would be very interested in this. :thumbsup: :)

I use to get the fresh on a regular basis and freeze it. Sadly my supplier lost her life in those terrible Bushfires a few years back.

If you are able to supply it at a resonable price I would be very interested.

Currently I am using the pasturised as well as the powdered stuff, ideally fresh is better and I would much prefer that. :)

Darn it.... never mind for the dogs, i want it for ME! As a goat milk drinker it is very difficult. Many supermarkets only stock a few cartons of 'fresh' so often I find no stock. The long life stuff is tolerable but very few stores even stock that :( It is very frustrating having to sometimes go to 3 or 4 shops with all the parking & crap that can go with it just to get milk!

Selling unpasteurised goat milk (or any milk for that matter) for human consumption is illegal in Victoria. I know there are many people like yourself who want it for themselves but unfortunately in Vic this isn't possible. Perhaps the laws are different in S.A.

If you contact the Dairy Food safety SA they may be able to tell you where the registered goat dairies are.

Lucky to be a dog sometimes.

I use to get the fresh on a regular basis and freeze it. Sadly my supplier lost her life in those terrible Bushfires a few years back.

Currently I am using the pasturised as well as the powdered stuff, ideally fresh is better and I would much prefer that. :)

Fresh is best I agree. I am just sussing things out at present and getting an idea of demand before I start anything.

:)

Mossbank, what a great idea and than you for offering it to others on DOL.

Wish you were in Sydney.

One of my bitches would get goat's milk with some honey and egg yolk every other day when she was in whelp from about 3 to 6 weeks to help supplement the babies inside her. She was then flown to Perth for whelping, so the diet was then out of my control. I think most supermarkets have goat's milk, but it's pasteurised.

Good luck and I hope you get lots of enquiries.

Selling unpasteurised goat milk (or any milk for that matter) for human consumption is illegal in Victoria. I know there are many people like yourself who want it for themselves but unfortunately in Vic this isn't possible. Perhaps the laws are different in S.A.

If you contact the Dairy Food safety SA they may be able to tell you where the registered goat dairies are.

Same in NSW & just recently someone was fined 1000's of $, as they were selling unpasteurised cows milk to the public.

Fresh is best I agree. I am just sussing things out at present and getting an idea of demand before I start anything.

:)

Same in NSW & just recently someone was fined 1000's of $, as they were selling unpasteurised cows milk to the public.

Nimbin Valley Dairy sells raw goats milk in nsw, dont think it is illegal.

Nimbin Valley Dairy sells raw goats milk in nsw, dont think it is illegal.

It can be sold legally as 'animal food' or for 'beauty products' (eg soap making) but it is illegal for someone to sell (or purchase too I think though this is where 'don't ask, don't tell' comes in....it is for animal consumption, right? ) raw milk - cow, goat or otherwise - for human consumption and anyone caught doing that can face big fines :( Only time it is legal for human consumption is if you own the animal and milk it yourself on your own property.

Edited by espinay2

If you sell it as Pet Milk it is not your fault if the buyer drinks it herself :D