Litters Due December 2012

Monteba

Thanks dasha im determined all right i have to take a puppy class at the vets on thursday so if she makes it till them im gong to take her in just for a check over. She put on 2 grams overnight and i must weight her before a bit early usuually do it at 4pm for consistency and shes put on another 2 grams today 2 gains she goes 2 steps forward one step back. I bought a whole avent sterlising pack with 4 baby bottles and teats yesterday from st innies for $5 but the teats are newborn human size way to big so called into vets and ended o with divetalact they were waiting ina delivery of wambaroo it was supposed to come yesterday but i needed it now and wasnt going into town again 40 min drive each way. I picked up a puppy teat and bottle and she managed to suck out of it 5mls which is amazing usually i can only get her to have 3 when we went from. 2 ml to 3 ml i was hoping it wasnt that last ditched attempt at life and i hoping that again. Every morning i go in hesitantly but am pleasantly surprised cant say im pleasantly surprised at the 3 am feed.

I am told liver water is amazing at picking up tiny puppies strength?

Liver water i havent heard of it before where d you get that from?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dasha im determined all right i have to take a puppy class at the vets on thursday so if she makes it till them im gong to take her in just for a check over. She put on 2 grams overnight and i must weight her before a bit early usuually do it at 4pm for consistency and shes put on another 2 grams today 2 gains she goes 2 steps forward one step back. I bought a whole avent sterlising pack with 4 baby bottles and teats yesterday from st innies for $5 but the teats are newborn human size way to big so called into vets and ended o with divetalact they were waiting ina delivery of wambaroo it was supposed to come yesterday but i needed it now and wasnt going into town again 40 min drive each way. I picked up a puppy teat and bottle and she managed to suck out of it 5mls which is amazing usually i can only get her to have 3 when we went from. 2 ml to 3 ml i was hoping it wasnt that last ditched attempt at life and i hoping that again. Every morning i go in hesitantly but am pleasantly surprised cant say im pleasantly surprised at the 3 am feed.

I am told liver water is amazing at picking up tiny puppies strength?

Liver water i havent heard of it before where d you get that from?

Boil up a beefs liver, just covered in water, for 5 minutes then, once theliquid is cool give the pup a few drops every couple of hours.

Looks like we have our temperature drop happening and she will eat if I hand feed her only.

So sometime in the next 24 hours maybe biggrin.gif

Good luck any news yet?

she is a bit unsettled and refused dinner - but is sitting here next to me sharing potato chips!

Looks like we have our temperature drop happening and she will eat if I hand feed her only.

So sometime in the next 24 hours maybe biggrin.gif

Good luck any news yet?

she is a bit unsettled and refused dinner - but is sitting here next to me sharing potato chips!

Waiting waiting LOL

Havent been on here too much, between work, house work, getting ready for Christmas, getting ready for puppies and chemo treatment for one of my dogs I don't have much time to do much else,lol. Just thought I would pop in here quickly with a pick of the girl. Shes booked in for a caesar next Friday. Sometimes I think shes big, other times I think shes having just an average size litter. She seems to be carrying them lower than she did last time so its harder to guess how many are in there. Congrats to all the new arrivals, look forward to seeing them grow :)

post-4991-0-01806100-1355921141_thumb.jpg

6 little Toller babies joined us in the very early hours of this morning - 4 boys and 2 girls. The last little boy weighed in at 445 grams and got a little bit stuck - but hopefully he will be OK. I couldn't ask for a better birthday present thumbsup1.gif

6 little Toller babies joined us in the very early hours of this morning - 4 boys and 2 girls. The last little boy weighed in at 445 grams and got a little bit stuck - but hopefully he will be OK. I couldn't ask for a better birthday present thumbsup1.gif

Happy birthday and congratulations on your new arrivals. Now you will need so e sleep.

Our little whitey is really struggling today after gaining weight the last two day including this morning but she is very very flat. I feel she will earn her wings today. Off to the vet and see whatshe says. The others have already doubled their birth weights but she is yet to reach hers gaining only 8 grams in 4 days. I think so ething is wrong with her and not just that shes small my daughter is home with them today have already warned her what to do if whitey dies hope it doesnt happen while shes here by herself.

Oh awesome Congrats

Our little whitey is really struggling today after gaining weight the last two day including this morning but she is very very flat. I feel she will earn her wings today. Off to the vet and see whatshe says. The others have already doubled their birth weights but she is yet to reach hers gaining only 8 grams in 4 days. I think so ething is wrong with her and not just that shes small my daughter is home with them today have already warned her what to do if whitey dies hope it doesnt happen while shes here by herself.

:( hugs to all and hope she fights,but least you know you have tried everything you could .

Sadly at 12:30 our little whitey lost her fight and earnt her wings. I felt bad as i wen to work just for the morning and my 12 yr old daughter was at home with her vet had given her a slim chance she was given some antibiotics and sub cut fluids i had to race i to work and she passed away. My daughter was really upset understanably but i said to her that zoe can now concentrate on her big healthy babies. We tried so hard but i think she just wasnt meant for this world this time. She will be well looked after at rainow bridge by our old girl we lost earlier this yer she loved babies. ????

Mother nature has stepped in, it must have been really hard on your daughter. :cry: We had a horrid time with our litter born in Feb (same Mum). Lost one at birth, one at 5 weeks to what the vets thought was juvenile epilepsy. He started fitting at 21 days and although on medication was still fitting at 5 weeks, then at 7 weeks a carpet python was in our houseyard and strangled another. We have since put in a sonic barrier and hope that works. On top of all of this I have been recovering from a disc replacement and spinal fusion (Nov 2011) and had hip surgery 20 Sep. My boy (hesapandabear) turned 12 on 25 Sep and I lost him 02 Oct to a tumor on a kidney which had spread to his liver. All in all a horrific year, roll on 2013 :)