Litters Due December 2012

Monteba

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are all the december babies going?

Our little jacks are growing so big. Tommorrow they are two weeks old and will get their first worming they are starting to get up wobbly and walk rather than crawling flat on the ground. Their eyes are just starting to open with little slits in the corners closes to the nose maybe tommorrow we will have eyes. They are so quiet and clean they hardly make a noise i was worried anout them being so quiet and my breeder / mentor friend said no just means mms doing a great job feeding them and settling them. I will buy some baby nail sissors tommorrow as they have sharlp nails now but i cant use our normal ones as the nails are so tiny. Its just been so good as all of the family are home for the holidays these must be the most loved bubbas ever. How will i ever let them go at 8 weeks. My friemd is taking the girl so thats ok and im keeping a boy how will i choose which one out of three.

How are all the december babies going?

Our little jacks are growing so big. Tommorrow they are two weeks old and will get their first worming they are starting to get up wobbly and walk rather than crawling flat on the ground. Their eyes are just starting to open with little slits in the corners closes to the nose maybe tommorrow we will have eyes. They are so quiet and clean they hardly make a noise i was worried anout them being so quiet and my breeder / mentor friend said no just means mms doing a great job feeding them and settling them. I will buy some baby nail sissors tommorrow as they have sharlp nails now but i cant use our normal ones as the nails are so tiny. Its just been so good as all of the family are home for the holidays these must be the most loved bubbas ever. How will i ever let them go at 8 weeks. My friemd is taking the girl so thats ok and im keeping a boy how will i choose which one out of three.

yeh its great when the mum is been good.

im seeing my girl and bubbas in a fortnight, cant wait!

We are on our 4th day of temps 38+ and today she is not interested in eating - so I am a bit concerned. Have now put wet face cloths in with the puppies and they seem happy enough.

It looks like another week before the temps will drop below 35 icon_smile_mad.gif

Ptolomy, someone mentioned the other day about putting water on hotwater bottles and freezing them. I thought that sounded like a good idea.

If your girl is feeding and there is room, place cold facewashers in her arm pits and groin. Also keep her well hydrated, can you get a dog rehydration mixture to keep up a good fluid level and maintain milk production ? just a few thoughts :) all the best

babies have wet face washes in with them and they are using them and also frozen bottles of water - which is good - they are really doing well. I have now put a cool coat on mum and she is much more comfortable. I have to smile it is obvious that she has never worn a coat before and the look on her face is priceless - but just like everything else she has had to deal with - she has taken it in her stride - good girl.

I will see what I can come up with for mum at dinner time. Might run down to the shop and get some yoghurt to see if that temps her - but she turned her nose up at cooked chicken and cheese and puppy milk at lunch time and fish in oil for breakfast.

Thanks for the suggestions everybody thumbsup1.gif

Just popping in to let everyone know we have 8 healthy babies! 5 boys and 3 girls born via c section. 2 brindle, 5 red and 1 fawn. Mum is well but doesn't seem to have enough milk as yet to fill them up so I'm topping up with a bottle afterwards and they are loving it! I'm very surprised she didn't have more than 8 but they were big babies all weighing between 580 and 680 grams. Will post pics when I get a chance ;)

Babies are certainly growing Blitza thumbsup1.gif

Just out of interest how many meals a day are breeders giving mum. I have found that 4 works best for us biggrin.gif 5.30am, 11am, 4pm and 8.30pm

Our girl is having three meals a day so etime she doesnt eat all her lunch other days she scoffs it all. You poor thing with temps that hot hard on you mumma and bubbas. If its hot and im trialling i have been known to add a tiniest bit of cordial into the dogs water and then they drink up.

babies have wet face washes in with them and they are using them and also frozen bottles of water - which is good - they are really doing well. I have now put a cool coat on mum and she is much more comfortable. I have to smile it is obvious that she has never worn a coat before and the look on her face is priceless - but just like everything else she has had to deal with - she has taken it in her stride - good girl.

I will see what I can come up with for mum at dinner time. Might run down to the shop and get some yoghurt to see if that temps her - but she turned her nose up at cooked chicken and cheese and puppy milk at lunch time and fish in oil for breakfast.

Thanks for the suggestions everybody thumbsup1.gif

Weill there go my food suggestions of sardines or puppy milk. LOL

Hopefully you manage to at least get liquids into her with the weather you are having. What about ice blocks made from weak stock of frozen yoghurt?

Had a win tonight - she ate dinner with gusto and then came back for seconds - yoghurt, chicken necks, cottage cheese and some beef mince. Then tonight mum cooked some sausages and 4 sausages later. I will try and get some more liquid into her shortly thumbsup1.gif

Had a win tonight - she ate dinner with gusto and then came back for seconds - yoghurt, chicken necks, cottage cheese and some beef mince. Then tonight mum cooked some sausages and 4 sausages later. I will try and get some more liquid into her shortly thumbsup1.gif

Maybe like me when its hot prefers to ea when its cooler. Im never h gry in the heat