Which One?

mixeduppup

So I'm entering a competition in a few weeks and have three edited photos.

The first category is an edited photo of anything, so I have the three to pick out of.

The second is a portrait of a person, can be edited or unedited.

Can you tell me which of the three you like for the edited photo and which of the two people for the portraits, please?

Thank you

oldabbatoir_zpsd354490f.jpg

kate_zpscf557ec2.jpg

fab_zps8e52dae4.jpg

Either third or second for portrait :) I love the second one, actually!

That first one has so many great angles/shadows! ..and interesting broken windows ..old poles with porcelain insulators- lots of good stuff! :) What happens when you crop certain areas to get those angles featured? Does it look different ?

The building is interesting, but a bit PJ for a comp unless the category is more tailored to it (doesn't sound like it). It needs a good caption to keep the interest, rightly or wrongly supporting or contributing captions do have an influence. "It's the old slaughterhouse in Bourke" needs some tuning: there is a story there to make them take a second look.

The building is interesting, but a bit PJ for a comp unless the category is more tailored to it (doesn't sound like it). It needs a good caption to keep the interest, rightly or wrongly supporting or contributing captions do have an influence. "It's the old slaughterhouse in Bourke" needs some tuning: there is a story there to make them take a second look.

No captions allowed. :(

:( I also wish Captions were permitted ... it helps .

Anyway ..amazing countryside!!

I like number 3 A lot. There is lots to rest my eye on ..and with a bit of tweaking .. that little log area can be helped along, I'm sure.

Technically wise- I have NO idea, sorry ..I just know which one I came back to . :)

Local shows are a lot less lenient but there'll probably be still be some entries from people who produce really good shots. The only one I can see that is competition level is the mirror portrait one. The first landscape is nice, but it's an album shot and would probably get put aside on first look over. Landscape needs good light and great composition and jump out at you. But if you are just having fun with it then put in what you like.