Chicken Frames

mantis

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a place over in blacktown sydney that sells chicken pet mince for 30cents a kilo!!!!!! :eek:

I bought an extra freezer and purchased 50kg of it

Be careful with chicken mince, my boys mother started having seizures & lost body strength. When we took her to the Vet, he said dogs can have a reaction to chicken mince, because of the hormones & other additives that are put into it.

After we stopped feeding her chicken mince, she was fine.

I have been feeding the same stuff for months and they strive on it and a friend of mine feeds the same, but I guess all dogs are different I am glad your dog is fine now though :) Loki went to the vet yesterday and the reason for his runny poops was apparently he ate a foreign object silly boy :o

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean to you, just letting people know that some dogs can be allergic to some chicken mince because of the additives.

LOL I didnt think that at all :heart: and I meant to say Thrive not strive haha getting a a bit tired over here :p

Me too, time for bed I think. My girl will have to drag her bum off the couch & relocate to the bed. :rofl:

There is a place over in blacktown sydney that sells chicken pet mince for 30cents a kilo!!!!!! :eek:

Be careful with chicken mince, my boys mother started having seizures & lost body strength. When we took her to the Vet, he said dogs can have a reaction to chicken mince, because of the hormones & other additives that are put into it.

After we stopped feeding her chicken mince, she was fine.

I have been feeding the same stuff for months and they strive on it and a friend of mine feeds the same, but I guess all dogs are different I am glad your dog is fine now though :) Loki went to the vet yesterday and the reason for his runny poops was apparently he ate a foreign object silly boy :o

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean to you, just letting people know that some dogs can be allergic to some chicken mince because of the additives.

LOL I didnt think that at all :heart: and I meant to say Thrive not strive haha getting a a bit tired over here :p

Me too, time for bed I think. My girl will have to drag her bum off the couch & relocate to the bed. :rofl:

:rofl:

All I can say is you people must have big freezers :laugh:

I pay $2 for 4 frames from Leonards (and they are much bigger than Woolies who charge close to $4 for 4 if your lucky :mad )

1/3 of a frame doesn't sound much for a 17kg dog though. Is that as a meal or just a treat?

All mine get a whole one for breakfast 2 or 3 times a week and they're 16kgs, 18kgs, and 22 kgs.

Yep, we have a chest freezer just for dog meat.

I'd never buy something labelled as pet mince, no matter how cheap it was :eek:

My dogs get human grade meat.

Edited by minimax

I pay $2 for 4 frames from Leonards (and they are much bigger than Woolies who charge close to $4 for 4 if your lucky :mad )

1/3 of a frame doesn't sound much for a 17kg dog though. Is that as a meal or just a treat?

All mine get a whole one for breakfast 2 or 3 times a week and they're 16kgs, 18kgs, and 22 kgs.

Teekay, 1/3 of a chic carcess as a treat after our beach run. She has 3/4 cup dry food with some barf/sardines/egg for T :)

I'm paying through the nose for chic frames from woolies I know but its the only place around that sells them.

Edited by BC Crazy

I'd never buy something labelled as pet mince, no matter how cheap it was :eek:

My dogs get human grade meat.

Same here, oh my god the pet mince i got when our local pet store which was always so good changed to Petbarn was discusting so smelly, like it had horse meat or something in it, my girl turned her nose up at it. Since then human grade meat for my girls also.

Question in regards to chicken frames, my girl gets raw patties all the time, chicken turkey etc... well the other day i gave her a frozen chicken frame as a treat and the next morning her poo's where really soft and sort of runny again, this seems to happen whenever i give her the bones of an animal, could bones just be too much on her tummy?

I buy minced human grade chicken frames that are labelled as pet meat, it is all about the source and the handling :)

The ones I get are from a poultry factory, I cooked the mince a couple of times when Phoebe was being a fussy shyte and it smelt ok lol usually when you cook pet mince it smells gross.

Ziggy is 26kg and he gets a whole chook frame every day for breaky.

He has a barf patty or roo mince for dinner (about 200g, it's been cut back from 250g as he was putting on weight with training treats on top of his 2 meals a day)...

I bought one from Leonard's today for $0.35 to try it out, my Goldie took it outside, had a bit of a chew and now it is still sitting there. Not sure if he knows what to do with it?! I am not looking forward to going to pick it up and throw it away. I hope he bloody eats it soon! :rofl:

I just got a new puppy a week ago and have done ALOT of reading on RAW feeding and at this stage she is getting chicken necks, wings, veg mix, occassionaly VAN puppy and I've just purchased minced chicken frames from my butcher.. this morning though she seemed quite constipated and there was the smallest bit of blood in her stool and what appeared to be a bit of bone...? I'm not sure if the blood is from the chicken frame as when I dished it out there were bits of blood in it anyway... Puppies should be able to handle the frames minced right? The breeder was giving them frames too but I don't think minced... she is a gundog so not overly small puppy.:shrug:

Puppies can handle minced frames and bones yes, but you need to balance that with other things to avoid constipation. Up her vegies, add some cooked pumpkin, a bit more offal maybe or the puppy VAN. She is telling you a bit too much bone :)

Puppies can handle minced frames and bones yes, but you need to balance that with other things to avoid constipation. Up her vegies, add some cooked pumpkin, a bit more offal maybe or the puppy VAN. She is telling you a bit too much bone :)

OK thank you. I have been trying to do variety although the only meat given is chicken so far, haven't been able to get my hands on any lamb flaps. I bought some tinned sardines yesterday in spring water, will give today as one meal. She always gets about 150g veg mix (green leafy, pumpkin, apple etc all raw blended up) each day. She wasn't too keen on the VAN and I was only going to feed that a couple of times a week in stead of my own veg mix. I heard pumpkin was good for constipation but is it best cooked not raw for that? Also I'm feeding about 10% her body weight, she is 6kg so 3 meals a day about 200g each.. that's right isn't it?

Are frames safe to feed to brachy breeds like pugs and frenchies? Do you have to cut them up or mince them or can you just give them whole? I've heard of people giving them to their dogs but have never been game enough to do it.

Ta!

Are frames safe to feed to brachy breeds like pugs and frenchies? Do you have to cut them up or mince them or can you just give them whole? I've heard of people giving them to their dogs but have never been game enough to do it.

Ta!

My pugs get them whole (or sometimes halved, depending on if they are having other stuff for dinner as well). It's scary to watch though, my 12 month old pug puts the whole thing in her mouth :rofl: