I Had A 'rude People' Day

mixeduppup

I had to do work placement today and wasn't feeling the best so maybe I wasn't hiding my weaknesses well enough, I dunno, but the rude people were out in force.

I was walking my dog at lunch time as I take her to work with me and was waiting for my lunch outside the cafe when this lady came up walking a cute PoodleX something or other. She sat down to wait for her husband who'd gone inside and mentioned how lovely my dog was and asked me what I did with her. I said that I am training her to be a yard dog and her face went really sour and she told me that was cruel. I asked her how it was cruel. She said working dogs are abused. I told her that some people can be cruel to their working dogs but I certainly wasn't. Then she said that making a dog work, jump on sheep and run around all day was definitely cruel and got up and left. I was like...ok then. I should probably tell the girls that they can't work anymore because it's cruel, no matter how much they want to. *eyeroll*

The second thing. I was in at the vet's and met a lady with a cute little shitzhuX I think, anyway I asked her if I could pat her and she said I could, so I knelt down and started patting the dog, commenting on how adorable she was. When I stood up, she was looking me up and down and I felt a little judged and then she said out of the blue "My daughter has a Schipperke, but you wouldn't know what that is" I then rattled off very nicely exactly what it was and she looked really pissed off and I walked away.

People are so odd sometimes. Glad I'm home.

Guest Labradork

Life's too short to worry about other people. Just be glad you're you and not them and have fun with your dogs :)

I had to do work placement today and wasn't feeling the best so maybe I wasn't hiding my weaknesses well enough, I dunno, but the rude people were out in force.

I was walking my dog at lunch time as I take her to work with me and was waiting for my lunch outside the cafe when this lady came up walking a cute PoodleX something or other. She sat down to wait for her husband who'd gone inside and mentioned how lovely my dog was and asked me what I did with her. I said that I am training her to be a yard dog and her face went really sour and she told me that was cruel. I asked her how it was cruel. She said working dogs are abused. I told her that some people can be cruel to their working dogs but I certainly wasn't. Then she said that making a dog work, jump on sheep and run around all day was definitely cruel and got up and left. I was like...ok then. I should probably tell the girls that they can't work anymore because it's cruel, no matter how much they want to. *eyeroll*

The second thing. I was in at the vet's and met a lady with a cute little shitzhuX I think, anyway I asked her if I could pat her and she said I could, so I knelt down and started patting the dog, commenting on how adorable she was. When I stood up, she was looking me up and down and I felt a little judged and then she said out of the blue "My daughter has a Schipperke, but you wouldn't know what that is" I then rattled off very nicely exactly what it was and she looked really pissed off and I walked away.

People are so odd sometimes. Glad I'm home.

Yes it is the same as when guys with tatoos etc get labelled for being pitbull types etc etc Don't worry about them. You know better and should feel proud that you are not ignorant like that. :)

:hug:

From something I read the other day :)

"Don’t take anything personally. -“Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally... Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves.”

"Don't take anything personally. -"Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally... Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves."

Thank you ! Very well explained ! clap.gif

"My daughter has a Schipperke, but you wouldn't know what that is"

~

:rofl:

Love it. This is how purebred dog owners get their bad reputation (among the general, uninformed Australian public I mean, not within the informed dog circles)

Edited by Ruin Maniac

"Don’t take anything personally. -“Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally... Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves.”

:thumbsup:

Rather Ties in well with this I saw today.

An old Cherokee told his grandson, “my son, there is a battle between two wolves inside us all.

One is evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope humility, kindness, empathy and truth.”

The boy thought about it, and asked,

“Grandfather, which wolf wins?”

The old man quietly replied, “The one you feed.”

:thumbsup:

Rather Ties in well with this I saw today.

An old Cherokee told his grandson, “my son, there is a battle between two wolves inside us all.

One is evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope humility, kindness, empathy and truth.”

The boy thought about it, and asked,

“Grandfather, which wolf wins?”

The old man quietly replied, “The one you feed.”

Totally unrelated to OP (been on my honeymoon for last 10 days, rude people at a minimum lol) but I've seen that story too (in the Jodi Picoult book, Lone Wolf) it was written slightly differently to that, using the word bad, not evil and not naming the qualities and it talked about how can't just feed the good wolf all the time or we get out of balance. Actually found myself agreeing with that (but not the book character's actions).

I love working in the pet industry, but can't wait to find an area where rude people are at a minimum (working in a pet supply store, I think I'm at the maximum right now!)

I love working in the pet industry, but can't wait to find an area where rude people are at a minimum (working in a pet supply store, I think I'm at the maximum right now!)

I don't think such a nirvana exists! I work in a place where I do not deal with customers, and I deal with some extremely rude people - they just work in the same company as I do!!

I don't think such a nirvana exists! I work in a place where I do not deal with customers, and I deal with some extremely rude people - they just work in the same company as I do!!

Don't you think thats why pets a so good for us. :o)

We dont have to guess what they are thinking, you know instantly if they like you, dont care, or if they dont like you its pretty obvious before they attack instead of finding the knife first then working from there. :rofl:

Far less stressful.

Don't you think thats why pets a so good for us. :o)

We dont have to guess what they are thinking, you know instantly if they like you, dont care, or if they dont like you its pretty obvious before they attack instead of finding the knife first then working from there. :rofl:

Far less stressful.

Yet we still need to live in the real world with humans, so that's a pretty weird comment to make.