Sammy The Anti-gardener And His Big Weekend

Katdogs

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puppy-Sniifer yes Pania & Daphne are both 1/2 sisters to Sam the Man - they all share the same mum Invergowrie Lara. Sams sister has a need to shove her head halfway down the adults throat too - a disturbiung habit. I have attached a phot of his sister Kura an absolute sweetheart and very full of her own self importance. She will stack (of sorts) sit, drop come when called and walk remarkably well onlead. I thin she can compete with her brother on the 'manners' stackes but she hasnt destroyed anything yet so Samuel ESQ had dibs on that one.

post-27124-0-26613700-1356934937_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tapua

Kura's a cutie indeed :thumbsup: Isn't it funny they both like having their heads eaten!

Sam hasn't really destroyed anything, yet... Greg's slipper was manky and no great loss anyway... but he would if he could! I think the biggest win so far is 'sit, leave it' when he wants to tug-of-war :laugh:

Its filthy hot up here so everyone is inside - the big dogs are crashed in the air con - madam Kura is litteraly walking over everyone saying gday - Im waiting for the growls to start but everyone is being remakably tollerant :thumbsup:

Oh my... Kura IS very pretty, isn't she? So you decided to keep her from this litter Tapua?

My fave was actually black girl #2 - she was divine!

But Sammy is nice and close and I get cuddles and am allowed to take pics, so I'm definitely NOT complaining... lol!

T.

I recall the lovely Daphne was the Queen of stealing washing off the line though! One day I was yelling at her through your bathroom window as she was helping herself to clean and almost dry clothes and she was looking everywhere for this strange mysterious voice! A girl's got to get up to some mischief I guess!

LOL yes well Daffy Dog seems to have moved on from the washing atm but I have a small urban terrorist eyeing off the washing yesterday so everything is double hung so it is above jumping hight :eek: :)

Yes TDX the black girls were stunning and I was going to keep the No 2 black girl - I offered the yellow to the family in Newcastle but they started to cry :cry::confused: I couldnt do it! Im a sook I know breeders get very determined to not offer puppy buyers a puppy until the last minute. I get that and I understand why but I like my buyers to get to know their pups and to bond - these guys had bonded very strongly :).

I would rather my kids went to the homes that really really want them and are very engaged in their well bring rather than just have a pet. So the black girls were my loss. However Kura is a beauty and I am very happy with her. She is very smart and confident and has the 'X' factor you want to see in the ring. So she should do well I think. :thumbsup:

Yes Kura is different Pania's father is Daphnes Grand father so they look similar to eachother, Kura's dad is different from the other's sires. She has a different head - we will see how madam matures - I would prefer better angulalation in the front but she has a great rear end and great bone and colour :) I am nit-picking though. :)

When is the Lab show?

I reckon it would be a Labrador lover's wet dream to go to one of those... *grin*

T.

lol you crack me up - Sydney Labs shows are great but I had to say that the national last year in Victoria was amazing - 340+ Labs in 2 days wow what an experience :thumbsup:

Today was a huge day - Stevie played growly-talky-bitey-face with Sammy several times, and kept going back for more! He's exhausted now, and so is she!

He's almost an angel, as long as we keep our shoes off the floor :)

Sammy has a lovely 'sit' and is able to leave most things when asked (thongs get stuck on his teeth, he apologises). He is just about able to wait for permission to eat but wait there's a butterfly...

For a happy little boy of only 9 weeks he has the most amazingly violent dreams :eek:

Fireworks were no bother at all :)

He's a water baby alright! I'm using the tiniest bowl/ramekin thingy I have in the cupboard for his water inside but he still sticks at least one paw in. Outside, he's very impressed with the clamshell and the way Stevie can spread the water across the whole backyard!

If you want to stop them putting paws inside bowls, the Water Hole Bowl, will do it. It has a lid, with a whole in the middle that they can get there head into to drink, but the rim is too wide to move a paw into it, so they can drink, but not play in it. I got mine from Callicoma Kelpies, and it worked a treat for my labrador. http://www.callicoma.com.au/bedsbowls1.htm#Water hole bowl

Enjoy labrador heaven!!