Sammy The Anti-gardener And His Big Weekend

Katdogs

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on getting your new puppy. Since it's Christmas and that's a busy season, you might want to make sure that you give your pup enough attention that he needs. Celebrate the season but don't forget your puppy too. :thumbsup:

Don't worry about this particular pup MarieEvans - he's going to an extremely attentive and experienced owner.

T.

Congratulations on getting your new puppy. Since it's Christmas and that's a busy season, you might want to make sure that you give your pup enough attention that he needs. Celebrate the season but don't forget your puppy too. :thumbsup:

:banghead:

Why? Poster is a new DOLer, she is only trying to be helpful and worried about a puppy going to his new home at Christmas. She obviously doesn't know KatDogs. :laugh: I wish I was KatDogs new puppy. The attention would probably overwhelm me though :rofl:

Crate, harness just in case, collar, lead, towels, more towels, water bowl...

Anything else we need to pack to bring him back? It's a four-hour trip :(

CAMERA!!! :thumbsup:

Ya think? :laugh:

OK, I'll pack the camera and some batteries!

Poo bags now remembered!

Squishy toys - TD has given us a bag full! I think I'll just take one, and a chewy one.

Treats - I'll take some with me for his mum and aunts, but I'm not sure whether an 8wk puppy will get anything other than his normal food when travelling - just in case of erk.

Treat for his breeder - Yep!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

A black Lab boy was born on Saturday morning and we pick him up at Christmas!

Our beautiful Stevie was a BYB/puppy farmer pup given to us as a gift when she was less than six weeks old.

Jodie is a foster failure Kelpie, due to DOL Rescue. We love both madly of course.

However, our new puppy Sammy is a DOL dog through and through - Tapua bred out of Invergowrie and Driftway lines. I didn't know anything about anything about dogs before joining DOL, but this puppy is the result of years of reading of this forum. Good breeder, lots of thought and planning, he will be well fed and trained and cared for from the start. If he's show-worthy I might even try to do that :laugh:

I should have called him Troy!

:dancingelephant::dancingelephant::happydance::happydance:

Go and make the name change! :laugh: I do have a friend whose new puppy has basically three names. It's weird and it surely will make the puppy confused. :rofl: Congratulations on the new puppy though!

While we are waiting .

Let me give you a history lesson. Dr Lesley Levins Invergowie prefix has bred labs for about 40 years. Over this time many [most] of her puppies went to the guide dogs in NSW . She has bred too many conformation and obedience champs to count and has been known for the great health and temperament of her dogs with excellent health scores. She is responsible for helping people get started with the best dogs she could breed and mentoring including Tapua and getting it right for the breed.She is also responsible for the courses the MDBA offers. While she was a professor of Science Education at Armidale Uni about 15 years ago her health deteriorated and she began losing her vision to a point where she became legally blind and had to go to Sydney and be trained to live with one ot the puppies she bred and had sold to the Guide dogs. Not long after Lesley and Sally [ the dog] attended one of the MDBA awards evenings where many people from Dogz got to meet them and appreciate what Lesley had already known - How very important it is to breed great dogs, predictable dogs with every chance at a long healthy life able to do what they are meant to do to enable humans to be able to live with them and do what they expect their breed to do. Lesley had no idea when she started out that she would be a candidate for a guide dog but if there was ever an opportunity to assess what you have done and what you have passed on for the future she certainly has first hand knowledge of this and has much to be proud of.

Now lets talk about Tapua - they get it . They know what it's going to take for a dog to qualify to be a dam and a Sire of one of their litters and what most don't know is that when Pauline was gathering credentials and taking out awards for her dogs some of that was from a wheel chair and walking frames as she fought to fight and walk again .She is now consultant to councils and is one of the best dog trainers in this country. The work they put into breeding their dogs and the puppies foundation is amazing and few breeders come anywhere near their standard and dedication .There is absolutely no doubt what ever that their selection is about health, temperament and working ability over and above conformation even though they give the show ring a fair shake too.If I had a week to tell the story I could go into what else they are up to and how they influence many other areas of the dog world.

To get one of these puppies is a pretty big deal and to have a opportunity to reap the benefits of what Pauline and Pete [ and Lesley] have had to offer - priceless.

Tapua were the winners of the Master Dog Breeder of the Year last year and they have been nominated again this year - this is about how they treat and support their puppy buyers and I know what they decided to sacrifice this year to do the right thing by one of their puppy buyers which most breeders wouldn't have done so this puppy comes home with everything anyone could hope for when they look for a breeder who does it all as a labour of love and is getting it right.

I'd like to add that Katdogs and her husband are also some of the finest dog/pet owners I've had the privilege to meet. This pup is going to the best of homes... they also "get it" when it comes to raising great canine citizens - Stevie and Jodie are awesome and amazing dogs mainly due to the fact that they live with Katdogs and her husband. Sammy is in great hands...

NO MORE SLEEPS!!!! Katdogs will be meeting her boy in the flesh today...

I have one more sleep to wait before I get to meet him... but I get to play with Stevie and Jodie until then... so I can wait... *grin*

T.