Sammy The Anti-gardener And His Big Weekend

Katdogs

I'd like to add that Katdogs and her husband are also some of the finest dog/pet owners I've had the privilege to meet. This pup is going to the best of homes... they also "get it" when it comes to raising great canine citizens - Stevie and Jodie are awesome and amazing dogs mainly due to the fact that they live with Katdogs and her husband. Sammy is in great hands...

NO MORE SLEEPS!!!! Katdogs will be meeting her boy in the flesh today...

I have one more sleep to wait before I get to meet him... but I get to play with Stevie and Jodie until then... so I can wait... *grin*

T.

clap.gif

What a lucky puppy !

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww shucks.

On our way over the Blue Mtns at the moment.

A lot of thought has gone into this puppy. The lines, breeding, raising, gender, timing are all just what I hoped for. Now it's up to us to bring him up well, as a good boy, with all that we've learnt from Stevie, Jodie and the foster Labs. It's a big responsibility but also a great joy!

I'm feeling all teary about Julie's post given Pete and Pauline trusted me to care for their precious dogs while they had a holiday (and when Sammy was made!). It was an amazing experience for me to see behind the scenes of a quality breeder and I admit, I became a Pauline fan whilst sharing a table with her at the awards earlier this year (Pete was home with the bubs) and just listening to her talk about how they perform their magic! They both put so much love into everything they do so young Sammy already comes with part of them and will be well loved by so many people here on DOL!

He's beautiful! A happy big waggly chubbalubs determined already to chew every wire, shoelace and thong in site :)

We've met his sisters, mum and 'aunties' and a very special obedience dog who looks after them all. Such a happy household and very welcoming.

Will post photos tomorrow when we get home.

Wow Julie what an amazng wrap :) very honoured. I've attached photos of the kids and must say Katrina and Greg are besotted. Just finished dinner with them at the pub .... thank god its only up the road. Sammy ESQ is having his supper and settled for the night wth his sisters. Here is a picture of him and the girls. Sammy is the boof head on the right.

Alyson it was such a wonderful relief to have s reliable and utterly trustworthy person looking after our kids. I know the girls and Crofty Dog loved every minute of it. :thumbsup:

post-27124-0-45396000-1356173697_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tapua

Oh my! Aren't they all just the most divine things you've seen in ages?

I hear that Master Samuel Lard Arse Esq is 8kgs... does he fit into the PP30 crate, or is he going to have to wear the harness for his car trip home?

Harper is now 15kgs and somewhat taller than we thought she'd be - but she is a gentle girl when playing. She is being desexed on the 27th, so Sammy may need to wait a little bit before he can play with her - maybe next weekend...

I have a couple of packets of the Bunnings compost system panels unopened and spare here Katdogs - if you need to make a playpen area for Sammy over Christmas, just come grab them, OK?

T.

Gorgeous Lab puppies :love: Sam is such a beautiful little man :love: and I am sure his new owners will be as devoted to him as he will be to them. Looking forward to seeing this gorgeous boy's development with lots of pics of course :D

Well bred Labs stand out in the crowd and with Labs being so popular, unfortunately there are lots of poorly bred labs being bred by byb's and puppyfarmer,:( so when the general public do see a beautifully bred lab one of the most popular questions they ask, is he a Lab/is he a pure bred Lab? :D

My 3 year old black lab youngster is from a very well renowned Lab breeder who has been breeding and showing labs for many years and from the time I have taken my boy out in public as a pup to this very day, hardly a day goes by that I haven't received compliments or questions on my boy's appearance and asking me where I got him from. He has developed beautifully and is still intact and is in great condition, solid as a brick, muscular, beautiful large masculine head and guys in particular always compliment him on his body structure and gorgeous head and tell me what an impressive/awesome/stunning/beautiful dog he is and how nice it is to see such a beautifully bred Lab in such great condition. The other day, during our walk, I ran into a guy with two small/medium dogs and our dogs were meeting and greeting each other and the guy asked me if my boy was a pure bred Labrador and I told him yes he is and we got chatting as he was patting and fawning over my boy and he said, I have always loved Labs, but I have never seen such an impressive looking Labrador and he asked me where I got him from and asked all about his breeder and was genuinely interested and said when he goes home he will do some internet research on my boy's breeder. He said the small dogs with him were actually his wife's who normally comes on walks with them, but she is home sick at the moment and he said he hoped that when his wife had recovered and was out walking with him and the dogs that they run into us again, so he can show his wife this very impressive Lab that has set the benchmark for the Lab that they hope to get sometime n 2013. I have owned a few labs over quite a few years so am quite used to people/kids stopping to pat my Labs/talk about them, let their dogs meet and greet mine etc, but my 3 year old youngster gets so much attention and so many compliments during our outings that I think I have spoken to more people about Labs in his 3 short years than with any of my other Labs over their lifetimes :laugh:

Enjoy your beautiful new baby as that puppy time is so short. He will bring much love, fun, laughter and I am sure some mayhem to your household. :) but you could not have asked for a more devoted and fantastic companion, Labs are the best :thumbsup:

Gorgeous Lab puppies :love: Sam is such a beautiful little man :love: and I am sure his new owners will be as devoted to him as he will be to them. Looking forward to seeing this gorgeous boy's development with lots of pics of course :D

Well bred Labs stand out in the crowd and with Labs being so popular, unfortunately there are lots of poorly bred labs being bred by byb's and puppyfarmer,:( so when the general public do see a beautifully bred lab one of the most popular questions they ask, is he a Lab/is he a pure bred Lab? :D

My 3 year old black lab youngster is from a very well renowned Lab breeder who has been breeding and showing labs for many years and from the time I have taken my boy out in public as a pup to this very day, hardly a day goes by that I haven't received compliments or questions on my boy's appearance and asking me where I got him from. He has developed beautifully and is still intact and is in great condition, solid as a brick, muscular, beautiful large masculine head and guys in particular always compliment him on his body structure and gorgeous head and tell me what an impressive/awesome/stunning/beautiful dog he is and how nice it is to see such a beautifully bred Lab in such great condition. The other day, during our walk, I ran into a guy with two small/medium dogs and our dogs were meeting and greeting each other and the guy asked me if my boy was a pure bred Labrador and I told him yes he is and we got chatting as he was patting and fawning over my boy and he said, I have always loved Labs, but I have never seen such an impressive looking Labrador and he asked me where I got him from and asked all about his breeder and was genuinely interested and said when he goes home he will do some internet research on my boy's breeder. He said the small dogs with him were actually his wife's who normally comes on walks with them, but she is home sick at the moment and he said he hoped that when his wife had recovered and was out walking with him and the dogs that they run into us again, so he can show his wife this very impressive Lab that has set the benchmark for the Lab that they hope to get sometime n 2013. I have owned a few labs over quite a few years so am quite used to people/kids stopping to pat my Labs/talk about them, let their dogs meet and greet mine etc, but my 3 year old youngster gets so much attention and so many compliments during our outings that I think I have spoken to more people about Labs in his 3 short years than with any of my other Labs over their lifetimes :laugh:

Enjoy your beautiful new baby as that puppy time is so short. He will bring much love, fun, laughter and I am sure some mayhem to your household. :) but you could not have asked for a more devoted and fantastic companion, Labs are the best :thumbsup:

Sounds like a nomination to me- why not put focus on the breeder who is doing the right thing and nominate them? God knows there is enough of negative crap around about breeders.

www.mdbaawards.net.au

Edited by Steve

Sam is on his way home :)

post-27124-0-82523900-1356215158_thumb.jpg

The only thing that can get Katdogs up that early on a Sunday morning is her new Lab puppy... hahahaha!

I so hope they get home and have him sorta settled before I have to go out to dinner tonight... or I'm gonna have to wait yet another sleep before I can get my Sammy cuddles...

... but I finish work early tomorrow, so could get cuddles tonight AND tomorrow if the timing is good for it... *grin*

Ummm... I just looked out the window... Sammy's HOME!!!!

*waiting patiently now*

T.