Skye Terrier In Blacktown Pound

Guest donatella

I also know where there is an 11 yr old purebred Skye Terrier, a female, in desperate need of a home. If anyone is interested, please pm me.

Look who is spending their first night back in a proper home! After a very big day of traveling Sally arrived this evening. She is a wonky old thing with a few lumps & bumps, and a bit of attitude, but whether she lives another 6 weeks, 6 months or 6 years she can hang out here as long as she needs.

It's civil between her & DeeDee at this stage so fingers crossed they can become friends,

The bed is too high for her so we improvised a doubled over quilt on the floor next to it. She seems quite happy with that for now.

Meet Sally.....

post-34343-0-59025600-1353669774_thumb.jpg

post-34343-0-01982400-1353669789_thumb.jpg

Wow, what a gorgeous girl!

You are a lovely person giving her a home to end her days, I hope her and DeeDee become sista buddies and get up to all sorts of naughties :p

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse my bare concrete floor. I'm still saving for & trying to decide what to do with the crappy floors in the old house.

post-34343-0-59982000-1353814545_thumb.jpg

I put some video of the dogs on facebook but I don't have a clue how to add them here. If anyone want's to see them friend up DeeDee Dawglet on FB :thumbsup:

The boy in BP is still listed as being there so no, his owners have not reclaimed him and his due date isn't until the 30th.....so there he sits for now.

Excuse my bare concrete floor. I'm still saving for & trying to decide what to do with the crappy floors in the old house.

I put some video of the dogs on facebook but I don't have a clue how to add them here. If anyone want's to see them friend up DeeDee Dawglet on FB :thumbsup:

Someone has a little toy!

And someone is quite a savage little resource guarder !

It is MY Toy....

It is MY Toy....

Oh yes, very much. You'll have to be careful that DeeDee doesn't try to take something Miss Sally wants.

It is MY Toy....

Oh yes, very much. You'll have to be careful that DeeDee doesn't try to take something Miss Sally wants.

Thankfully DeeDee has zero interest in anything remotely resembling a toy or possession. But I will have to be alert to possible miscommunications!

Is Sally's colour common? I only picture Skyes as ash-blueish, like DeeDee.

Sadly I didn't see a single Skye Terrier anywhere in Scotland, even on the isle. Many many Westies and one Scotty but no Cairn and no Skye. Very disappointing.

Skyes come in shades of grey & shades of cream/fawn, and black. I don't know but i'd guess here that the cream/fawn is not that much less common than the greys ?

Good on you Arcane for giving Sally a forever home. :thumbsup: She is gorgeous. :love:

And I hope Bobby's owners eventually show up. I've seen that many a time too at the pound, chips being missed and then being found so the dog has to stay an extra 2 weeks. I just hope that if he isn't reclaimed that he ends up in safe, loving and capable hands. :crossfingers:

So do we know who is No 1 on the EOI at Blacktown for the Skye Boy? Only one more day there for him.

I know that if I'd been "bidding" for him, I'd be on the phone to Blacktown just to make sure that my name was still there and that all was tracking well for a very early springing of him.

You cant take any chances. Good advice!

So do we know who is No 1 on the EOI at Blacktown for the Skye Boy? Only one more day there for him.

I know that if I'd been "bidding" for him, I'd be on the phone to Blacktown just to make sure that my name was still there and that all was tracking well for a very early springing of him.

Yes where is everyone :shrug:

Yes where is everyone :shrug:

Hopefully not bothering about DOL, but getting ready to snatch the boy away to a new and better life :) :)