I'm An Expert

SkySoaringMagpie

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My obedience dog from the weekend (yes, that IS the judge)....

7c0c6a99cf3bc4175aa277073adcf422.jpg

And my ESS who was supposed to be retrieving FEATHERED game (don't look if you don't want to see what she found instead)....

9306cf9d.jpg

:rofl:

teehee love the look on her face. Did you see her catch it? She must be fast!

Oh she's fast all right - but this one was freshly dead and near the game she was supposed to bring back. Could not get bunnies out of her head ALL day and, although we finally completed all the runs, we definitely owed the judge points by the end of it. We're still living it down :rofl:

oh dear! But how could she resist?

I know so much about dogs and training them that I keep my fruit basket in a bread bin (now the bread has to be kept in the freezer), so my GSP does not free range on my bench tops. I also own the only Basset my vet has ever seen with cruciate ligament damage, which he got from dive bombing off the dining room table, after he was sprung eating dog treats out of my handbag. :o

:rofl: Like keisha09 I'm sorry to hear about the cruciate damage but the image of the diving treat thief is hilarious.

Yesterday, at a friend's house, just as everyone was saying how well behaved and well trained my dog is and how they will all ask me for advice on raising and training their next puppy, she jumps up from her sleeping spot, comes over to the coffee table we are sitting around and in one fluid motion manages to snatch some chips off the table and then wag her tail in victory and knocked off and broke one of the glasses on the table :eek:

Lucky there were all dog lovers and thought it was funny :laugh:

But I think they won't be asking me for advice on puppy raising any more :rofl:

:coffeesplurk:

Nothing makes me do shifty eyes quicker than someone commenting on how well behaved my dogs are. :laugh:

Edited by SkySoaringMagpie

Lucky for us and him the cruciate did not require surgery but he had to have physio which is on going to keep the muscles in his little short legs strong enough to hold his knee in place. Those long ears make it incredibly easy to sneak up on him, the look on his face was very funny when he realised I was standing right there watching him. He had pushed a chair out from the table to climb up but totally missed it on his fast exit downwards.

My favourite show snap of Baloo, trained to my usual standards :thumbsup:

I'm guessing that's his "show stack" ??

How did you guess? Yep, lineup for Open dog at a Specialty and Baloo sat and wouldn't move an inch. Poor Mick didn't know what to do with him. :o

I note the amused "You can't make me, silly human" look on Baloo's face. :D

EFP

Edited by SkySoaringMagpie

I'm an expert at painting ... because my pug keeps chewing the door frames so I've had lots of practice at re-painting them :laugh:

I've recently thought to paint them with vicks vapor-rub, which seems to have lessened the door frame munching slightly - now they just stand there and LICK the disgusting tasting stuff off :rofl:

My dog is apparently trained not to take food from strangers, which is why he pick pocketed minties from my friend's pocket and proceeded to unwrap and eat them in the seclusion of his garage.

The place I was living at before here, the cleaners has a rescue Greyhound who they used to bring with them as she was very timid around strangers. They said she won't take food or treats off anyone but the owners, as that's what they are taught when they are racing, in case of baiting.

It took all of 5 minutes for her to come up to me & take a treat, they were shocked & said I broke their dog.

My dog is apparently trained not to take food from strangers, which is why he pick pocketed minties from my friend's pocket and proceeded to unwrap and eat them in the seclusion of his garage.

The place I was living at before here, the cleaners has a rescue Greyhound who they used to bring with them as she was very timid around strangers. They said she won't take food or treats off anyone but the owners, as that's what they are taught when they are racing, in case of baiting.

It took all of 5 minutes for her to come up to me & take a treat, they were shocked & said I broke their dog.

I had this happen with a grooming client - who told me their COCKER SPANIEL had been trained not to take food from strangers...as the dog sat in front of me eagerly looking at the treat in my hand and salivating! :laugh:

I accidentally broke a dog once. He was a working kelpie and the owner said he'd never listen to anyone but him and he let me have a go joking away saying it would never listen and we he did everything I said and got them all in the race he was quiet for a really long time and told me he'd have to sell him now (weird logic)

I know better than to leave a naughty teenage puppy alone in the house.

Except for today- had to go out to pick up weekly meat, puppy is asleep in bedroom. Oh, he'll be fine there, no need to put him in his crate while I go out for three hours.. came home and he'd herded the old dog out of his area (who was found curled up in the bedroom, looking a little bewildered), plundered my desk for goodies, got into a bag of poly filling I'd set aside for refilling beds and shredded some paper up and down the hallway.

Yeah, it'd be pretty stupid to leave a nine month hellhound loose in your house..