Skye Terrier Cross?

It's interesting how many people are seeing Corgi in him. I've been up close to a number of Cardigan and Pembroke Corgis, but our guy up close is not really anything like either in shape, size, or build.

He's really a nugget of solid under all that scruff - almost Stafford nuggety if you can picture it.

Having seen and been able to identify some sorts of breed mixes in most dogs that come through rescue, this guy has me completely stumped. Whatever his mix, it's a nice one though, don't you think?

T.

A Corgi is a solid working dog. They have substantial bone and substance.

He's certainly no Skye cross and there's not an SBT hallmark to be seen. It must be a bit disappointing for some in rescue who feel the need to label every dog and attribute it's features to whatever breed is flavour of the rescue month

Actually Pav Lova, the microchip registry only allows for a breed and possibly one cross option - therefore we can't just ID a dog as a "mutt" or "crossbreed" when doing the chip paperwork.

The pound has chipped him as a Scotty cross.

It's just a bit of fun at this stage to play the guessing game with what may be in his mix though, wouldn't you agree? Considering that we've had a Staffy/Malt cross from this particular pound before (chipped before it entered the pound no less) - this boy could be anything... *grin*

What really matters is that this young fellow is a really sweet little tank of a man who will probably be a really nice addition to someone's family... he's just such a nice lad.

T.

The pound has chipped him as a Scotty cross.

this boy could be anything... *grin*

Yep, he could be be but I suspect he's as much a Scotty cross as I am. It's a numerically quite rare breed. Odds are that this boy is a genuine bitsa rather than an F1 crossbred. Why he cant be chipped as "unknown" for breed beats me as that's the reality of the situation.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

How much easier would it have been if a mutt was just a mutt - large medium or small .More honest because no one really knows and no one can expect if its crossed with something it will act that way anyway. Stupid system.

How much easier would it have been if a mutt was just a mutt - large medium or small .More honest because no one really knows and no one can expect if its crossed with something it will act that way anyway. Stupid system.

I would think possbible Scottie X - anyway he is adorable.

Photo of Zacci, my ex pf dog - microchipped as a Schnauzer. :eek:

He was surrendered with two older Corgi girls and two Scottish terrier girls. He has heavy bone in his short legs :) and a loooooooooong body with very lush coat like a Corgi (when grown out). He has a beautiful temperament and gorgeous personality.

post-4430-0-04169600-1353369585_thumb.jpg

The system may well have many failings, but I don't think having a choice to say "Medium Sized Mutt" would actually fix any of them :) :)

Having a choice for an "unknown" and "unknown" as the breed mix would be a great start. The chip forms only allow for a pure (single breed) or an F1 cross to be entered... and there lies the reason for rescue to ask these "what breeds do you see in xxx?" threads...

It sucks on so many levels that the chip forms are so restricted.

Personally, I'd love to be able to enter our boy as "scruffy" cross "mutt" on his chip... lol!

T.

The system may well have many failings, but I don't think having a choice to say "Medium Sized Mutt" would actually fix any of them :) :)

Why?

Why?

If you have to ask, I give up.