Skye Terrier Cross?

As I mentioned in the Skye Terrier in Blacktown Pound thread, we believe this guy we have in care is a Skye cross.

Opinions from those who know the breed are appreciated please...

17-11-2012-scotty037.jpg

17-11-2012-scotty033.jpg

17-11-2012-scotty023.jpg

17-11-2012-scotty018.jpg

17-11-2012-scotty010.jpg

17-11-2012-scotty005.jpg

Please excuse the angles... he's a bit camera shy... and he's had a very basic neater (read easier to care for) haircut... *grin*

T.

I've been up close and personal with a number of Scotties, and our guy is bigger and sturdier than a Scotty. Maybe a Scotty/Staffy mix might produce something similar in size and weight, but if you can find pics (I used Google) of a Skye without a show cut, our guy seems to be the right shape et al...

He's much less aloof than a Scotty, and less excitable than a Staffy, if that helps? Basically, he's just a realy nice friendly lad who appears to get on with everyone - except those pesky puppies who goosed him the day after he'd been desexed... lol! Poor boy was a little sorry for himself, and the pups wanted to play... but he only warned them off with a low growl, no show of teeth or snapping like most other dogs would have done...

Oh, and he loves going for a car ride!

T.

This sweet little man, named 'Scotty' on his microchip and is listed on CAR as a Scottish Terrier.

I don't think his face is Scotty - his chin is not 'square' if that makes sense.

He also did not have the longer hair on his head/forehead either, so even a Schnauzer

groom could not be done by our groomer. He has one erect 'pixie' type ear and the other ear is down giving him a very cutesy look. I also don't think he has the typical skye temperament either.

Whatever his breed/s he is a sweet natured little man.

We certainly do value the opinions of other dolers and thank each of you for your input.

edited to add Glemhaith is in Melbourne and will be back home on monday.

Hugs

xx LP xx

Edited by lillypilly

Anything is possible but I'm not seeing it either. Compared to a Skye he looks too short in the body, has a gay tail (even when aroused a Skye tail should not raise above the topline, never gay), too short a neck and the wrong type of coat.

His shape screams Corgi to me but who knows. He is pretty darn cute though!

Can I just clarify that there is no 'Skye clip/trim/cut'. For show nothing is trimmed at all except perhaps the hair from under the pads. Pet clips of various styles can be adapted to fit for easier maintenance.

Edited by Arcane

It's interesting how many people are seeing Corgi in him. I've been up close to a number of Cardigan and Pembroke Corgis, but our guy up close is not really anything like either in shape, size, or build.

He's really a nugget of solid under all that scruff - almost Stafford nuggety if you can picture it.

Having seen and been able to identify some sorts of breed mixes in most dogs that come through rescue, this guy has me completely stumped. Whatever his mix, it's a nice one though, don't you think?

T.

Under all his hair, he's as powerfully built as a Stafford, just longer in the body. He has legs like little trees, certainly not as "slender" as a Stafford's legs.

He could well be Scotty X Stafford - or have a few other things in there as well.

T.

As I mentioned in the Skye Terrier in Blacktown Pound thread, we believe this guy we have in care is a Skye cross.

Opinions from those who know the breed are appreciated please...

17-11-2012-scotty037.jpg

17-11-2012-scotty033.jpg

17-11-2012-scotty023.jpg

17-11-2012-scotty018.jpg

17-11-2012-scotty010.jpg

17-11-2012-scotty005.jpg

Please excuse the angles... he's a bit camera shy... and he's had a very basic neater (read easier to care for) haircut... *grin*

T.

Hi

Just walked in the door from Melbourne .I have viewed the pictures .I would think a Corgi cross....don't think Skye at all cheers He is a lovely boy!

Edited by glemhaith