Ticks!ticks!ticks!

dogbesotted

:thumbsup::cheer: That is great news to read. I was just wondering a few minutes ago how you and he were going - but didn't like to bother you by asking.

Still sending beautiful Tasmanian summer healing energy your way. And :shhh: about the b-a-t-h - or he'll start putting on the I'm a poor sick lad act to get out of it. :laugh:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why it is important for us dog owners to groom our dogs because grooming is a simple way of finding out whether our dogs have ticks or other parasitic friends living off them. I always make sure that I check my dog every time she would be seen scratching herself. After all, I love my dog so much that I can't just be happy about a parasite living off of her. I hate ticks and they are never welcome on any of my dogs.

One of our boys has just come home from the vet as well, with paraylsis tick poisioning.

Thank goodness he is going to be fine.

He went down really quickly, from being fine in the morning to being "drunk" in the afternoon. No other signs apart from not being able to walk properly, exactly like he was drunk in the rear end. In fact when I first took him to the vet, the vet was doubtful if it was actually a tick, we started to suspect some sort of spinal injury until we found a tick lodged under the pad on his foot - I had searched him all over for a tick (including between all his toes) before taking him to the vet, he is a short haired dog, but still couldn't find it. $560 later and he is recovering well.

I've got my boy at the vet with suspected tick poisoning. I've been over him a thousand times and couldn't fine one but the vet is still convinced he may have one so she is going to shave him down (he's a poodle). I'm hoping it's not a tick - he's already been through it twice already. Good to hear HHH and others are improving.