2013 Training Goals!

Guest Panzer Attack!

In 2013 I am not going to be too ambitious because Zora and I will be having part of the year off for a litter ( :D ).

Here are my goals:

-Finish RN Title :cheer:

-Aim for RA (maybe even RE) On hold for a little bit, waiting till I am happier with her work.

-Enter CCD I tried but then a season got in the way. Should get this one even if it is CCD NFC by the end of the year.

-Get ready for trialling in agility early 2014 Still aiming for 2014 :p

Lastly this is a BIG maybe...

-Enter a UG Field Trial Not going to happen now, since Zora has missed the whole season due to being in season then pregnant.

I also achieved an unexpected goal, I started to play around with tracking and Zora has already passed her track one. I'm hoping to get her track 2 by the end of the season.

May to go Murve ;)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...with some degree of surprise that I feel almost confident to post this I would love to get RA & RE titles as well as CD and work toward CDX.

Now I have put it down I better do some work! My big goal this year was to feel confident and enjoy the ring. Might have achieved that as I can't wait. (Just need to work consistently).

Well we have our RA. I also feel more confident.

The rest is on hold. Waldo has a soft tissue(?) injury and is under crate rest. Has been for about 6 weeks so not much training...

• 2 months later...

Great to read everyones goals - will be following closely to see how far we all get.

Mine are as follows....

Zazu - CCD title and RN title (although I hoping we might manage the latter this weekend....). I would like to see her attention on me continue to improve at trials. I've seen glimpses of it, I am working on seeing it all the time now.

Check aaaand check! Zazu gained the final leg to her CCD title today in Perth. never one to take the easy path she managed to hold her stays during a very warm day, in a lovely sized CCD class.

Elsie's 2013 goals

- Train reliable weaves

- Train reliable running contacts

- Start agility!

- Start working trials!

- Start tracking trials!

- Qualify for level 2 tracking, 1/2 legs gained.

- RN title, 1/3 legs gained.

- CDX title

Elsie's 2013 goals

- Train reliable weaves

- Train reliable running contacts Changed this to stopped contacts!

- Start agility!

- Win out of starters agility

- Win out of jumpers C

- Start working trials!

- Start tracking trials!

- CDX title

Esky

Become more competitive in racing.

Pull HARD the whole track.

Place in a 1 dog class

and / or WIN a touring class

Pull on command in weightpull

Pull over 250kg

Pull 10x Body Weight

Pull 20x Body Weight

Pull 25x Body Weight

Endurance Test Title

and the laughable long shot is entering a rally comp :laugh:

Me

Lose more weight / gain fitness to help with racing.

Be more encouraging, lower my expectations.

Get to an interstate race

Join an obedience club ( if work permits)

Get 'F Dog' ( Maybe a 2014 goal)

Retired from weightpull

Finally won her first minor class in racing today.

Was bikejoring- as I've switched to that for now.

It's our first first :D

Also placed 3rd ( by not very much) at our National Championships last weekend :D

Esky

Become more competitive in racing.

Pull HARD the whole track.

Place in a 1 dog class

and / or WIN a touring class

Pull on command in weightpull

Pull over 250kg

Pull 10x Body Weight

Pull 20x Body Weight

Pull 25x Body Weight

Endurance Test Title

and the laughable long shot is entering a rally comp :laugh:

Me

Lose more weight / gain fitness to help with racing.

Be more encouraging, lower my expectations.

Get to an interstate race

Join an obedience club ( if work permits)

Get 'F Dog' ( Maybe a 2014 goal)

Retired from weightpull

Finally won her first minor class in racing today.

Was bikejoring- as I've switched to that for now.

It's our first first :D

Also placed 3rd ( by not very much) at our National Championships last weekend :D

Nice work Esky! Has been a good weekend for the Siberians :D

OK – since I’m an idiot and mixed up my 2012 and 2013 - good start – can see why Kirra rolls her eyes at me and nips me to get my handling better! :rofl:

So ---

Kirra

• Keep her fit and happy first and foremost - Tick

• Keep having fun in rally – aiming for RAE - she's definitely having fun - still need 3 legs for RAE

• Running agility for as long as she wants to – more Masters and Open multipliers if they come - Tick - JDO5 ADO5 and JDM3 (the last one just last week)

• Keep going with Track & Search – maybe heading towards TSDX - She's passed her TSD Test 4 - now onto the Urban test 5

Rory

• Have him ready for Open obedience – he’s almost there – stays need some proofing - tick - CDX in July

• Keep working towards UD - tick - having lots of fun and making good progress, although I've broken his SFE :laugh:

• Tracking – hopefully finish TCh (giving him a Dual Ch :D ), and go on to Track & Search - tick - Dual Ch (T) gained August - first T & S trial in 3 weeks.

• See if I can get him ready for agility trialling - or at least have fun trying :) - tick - well sort of - agility is still a work in prgoress, but jumping is coming on nicely - got his first Novice Jumping Q last week

• Get the other 5 legs he needs for RAE, and then have fun trying to get multipliers - tick - RAE gained April - we need 4 more legs for RAE2

And try to find some time to do some more DWD training with both dogs. - ummm - still very much a work in progress. In our defence, we have been a tad busy with other disciplines :laugh:

Phew! That was fun - can you tell I'm just a little bit proud of my kids :rofl: - and so grateful to all those super trainers who have helped us on DOL and IRL. :thanks:

In 2013 I am not going to be too ambitious because Zora and I will be having part of the year off for a litter ( :D ). We have 6 beautiful outgoing pups that are now almost 7 weeks old. Probably Zora's best achievement yet! Good job Zora :thumbsup:

Here are my goals:

-Finish RN Title :cheer:

-Aim for RA (maybe even RE) -- On hold for a little bit, waiting till I am happier with her work. -- Hoping to get started on this after her 'maternity leave' finishes.

-Enter CCD -- I tried but then a season got in the way. Should get this one even if it is CCD NFC by the end of the year. -- Also hoping to get started on this too after her 'maternity leave' finishes.

-Get ready for trialling in agility early 2014 -- Still aiming for 2014 :p-- Still aiming for 2014 but have taken some steps to make that a little more realistic :D

Lastly this is a BIG maybe...

-Enter a UG Field Trial ]Not going to happen now, since Zora has missed the whole season due to being in season then pregnant. -- Sadly have missed the field season, however yesterday when we did some testing with the pups Zora reminded us how keen she is... Hopefully we can be on track for 2014

I also achieved an unexpected goal, I started to play around with tracking and Zora has already passed her track one. I'm hoping to get her track 2 by the end of the season. We got our track 2 with a grading of Very Good just before Zora went on maternity leave, despite being quite pregnant her enthusiasm never wavered. There is a possibility of going for track 3 this season otherwise we will put it off until the next one.

Edited by RallyValley

I may as well do a belated mid-year update like everyone else laugh.gif

RUBY

* RE title

CHECK!

* Need to gain her confidence back on the solid jump after she hit it lightly (no injury, just a scare which has turned into a solid jump phobia now. The princess doesn't take much to get her confidence shaken!)

CHECK!

* Keep working towards our UD title if we can get the jump thing under control. A pass would be nice :laugh: (we've been close, but no cigar!)

Have had a bit of a break this year from obedience trialling, but we're still working hard on training! She has all exercises down pat, it's just a matter of performing them all in one hit at a trial laugh.gif

* Work on her soft mouth for retrieving and perhaps enter some more retrieving trials if I feel confident enough.

We trained some more but with being so busy with work/uni and obedience training taking priority, I have pretty much decided we won't be back to retrieving.

* Have continued success at Retrieving Ability Tests if more are held this year. Depending on how many are held, perhaps our NRA title.

Needs one more pass for her NRA title. We have another chance in October.

BONUS: the surprise being that Ruby has gained 2 more ADX quallies and 2 JDM quallies - Go Ruby! laugh.gif

MILLIE

* RE title

Needs one more pass, however, have taken a break from obedience trialling. Will try again in the coming months or next year.

* Get her better prepared for UD

UD is coming along nicely for her! Might attempt it next year.

* Some passes towards her JDM title

Does 1 pass count? laugh.gif

* ADX title

Hmm still no more passes, but we trial agility sparingly so this goal is out. Fabulous in training, woeful at trialling!

* Have continued success at Retrieving Ability Tests if more are held this year. Depending on how many are held, perhaps our NRA title.

NRA title CHECK!! First in W.A. to sport this title biggrin.gifNot bad for the unpapered gundog :p

PIPPA (my new contestant for 2013!)

* Get her ready for CCD/Novice obedience

Still training and still in no rush whatsoever to get her into that obedience ring. Just having fun!

* Get her ready for Novice Agility/Jumping

Debuted in novice agility/jumping in April at our state titles. Gained her JD title that weekend, and had her JDX debut this past weekend. Going great guns but confidence/experience is still currently being built :)

I'm in no rush to get her in the ring for obedience and agility, though. We'll enter when we enter :)

Edited by RubyStar

BONUS: the surprise being that Ruby has gained 2 more ADX quallies and 2 JDM quallies - Go Ruby!

:thumbsup: Yay for the princess :D
Some passes towards her JDM title

Does 1 pass count?

Heck yeah! Well it does in my world anyway. :)

And way to go with the NRA. Firsts are always good!

You're having fun with Pippa - well done with all your girls.

It's kind of nice to have a look back at this stage of the year isn't it. We tend to be so busy doing stuff, we don't seem to have time to reflect on what the kids have actually achieverd - either in training or in competition - or in the whelping box :laugh: .

I'm finally home so time to make some goals for 2013....

Agility

Whilst Ziggy is clearly more experienced and confident on trial day, Em is coming along nicely...

Ziggy and Em:

Independent contacts - have the book, really haven't had the time although Zig hasn't blown a contact all year.....perhaps a Summer project!

Continue with the success of independent weaves from 2012 - continuing to go well and Zig is extremely reliable in trials

Keep it light, fun and work on speed. I'd rather a fast, fun NQ or DQ than a careful Q - very much working on this with both dogs and it is paying off in spades. Em is enjoying herself so much more and running harder. Ziggy is pulling off clear rounds with a joie de vivre that is delightful

Pulling Em out of agility and sticking with jumping is the best move I've made all year. Her confidence has gone through the roof without the pressure of contacts and weaves.

Em's judgement of take-off points has been awful as her retrieving training has taken over. However, the last few weeks I've been doing some jump grids and she has really improved.

Me:

Remember how different these 2 dogs are....Ziggy's idea of supportive handling is Em's idea of feeling crowded and stressed

Work on trialling like we train. STOP BABYSITTING :hitself:

- I'm getting much better at both of these although there is always room for improvement!

Retrieving

With 2 Novice wins and a massive confidence boost for both of us, 2012 was a wonderful year. One more win and she'll be in Restricted but, on the advice of a fellow competitor, we will train for beyond that - 2013 is also shaping up as a huge learning curve. Em returned to trialling at Easter and her marking was AWFUL. However, some good advice and she was back to her old self - had a win in Novice for her title and quickly followed that up with a 2nd place (1 point behind 1st), 1st place (by 22 points), 2nd place (1 point behind 1st) and 3rd place (4 points behind 1st) over 2 weekends of trialling in Restricted. We are having loads of fun even though training is getting pretty serious now.

Em and Me:

Aim for All Age - work in progress

Keep working on handling and marking drills, particularly in water - work in progress. Really starting to stretch her in water.

Tighten those sits up - much improved but need to keep on top of it

Stick with doubles at the moment but progress to triples by the end of the year - started on concept triples much sooner than I expected but haven't done cold set ups

Keep whistle in my mouth. Always. - Yes!!!

Slow down - Em is running faster and harder so I need to take my time sending and casting - much improved, but don't go too slow. And blow the whistle more quickly dammit!!!

Steward at the Vic State and National Trials. If Em is absolutely firing I'd consider entering the State Trial but won't have to make that decision for another 6 months - bright bugger that I am have entered both :rofl:

Need to stretch her in water - channel swims, cold blinds, cheating etc etc. Keep up single marks, concepts and wagon wheel for lining. Increase criteria on EVERYTHING

Obedience

No pressure on this one - much depends on how much time we have. Zig is ready for Open and put in a nice round at the Dally Nationals. Need to proof his dumbbell retrieve (ironic when you consider Em's retrieving skills :laugh:) and his stays. Would love to do Novice with Em but really not sure that we can find the time.....might save this for when she slows down one day :)

Waaaaaay too busy for obedience.....need to concentrate on my thesis and bringing in the $$$ unfortunately! Very pleased to have got Zig's ET out of the way though.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Well done everyone, looks like we are all going well :thumbsup:

Especially Tumbleweed, I really admire what you have achieved with 'long distance' training mostly and limited chances to trial. :)

Thanks RV! We do what we can, and it has made me revise my goals a little but is still fun :-) And whilst the fur girls keep enjoying it we will keep giving it a crack.

Hmm Ness did enter a tracking trial and pass her track 3 for her title - wahoo.

Kenz entered at track 1 at the last trial of the year and passed. Still longing for 24 hours when she is 100% fine but that seems not very likely to ever be reality again.

Elsie's 2013 goals

- Train reliable weaves

- Start agility!

- Win out of starters agility

- Win out of jumpers C

- Start working trials!

- Start tracking trials!

- CDX title

Elsie's 2013 goals

- Train reliable weaves

- Start agility!

- Win out of starters agility 1/2 wins gained

- Win out of jumpers C

- Start working trials!

- Start tracking trials!

- RN title, 3/3 legs gained. - DONE!

- CDX title

Edited by DiscoDobe

• 1 month later...

Alright, pretty sure I have my goals sorted now!

For me, it is to train one dog each day, for 10 minutes a day. For relationship buidling, mental stimualtion, and because they thoroughly enjoy it. And my individual goals for them:

Cherry

Even though she's now retired, I might put her in a Rally-O comp now and then just for fun, but my main goal for her is to give her the best and most comfortable retirement!

Rusty

Get his ET title

CD

Get him reliably trained with the dumbell

Get a Q in ADX

Get a Q in ADO and JDO

Get a title in one of the games

Have him doing nice tight turns by the end of the year, and keeping up his good contacts and weave poles.

Biscuit

Get AD title

Compete in a tracking trial

Keep up good weave pole performance, teach tight turns and work on distance work.

Let's all have the funnest year yet :thumbsup:

Yay first comp of the year and 2 goals achieved! :D Just gotta nail those weaves for an agility quallie :laugh:

Good job to everyone else achieveing their goals :thumbsup:

Woohoo have had an awesome year! Biscuit is just one Q away from his ADO title, after only just starting in that class this year, so proud! For next year both need a bit of working on their contacts, but otherwise they have just been so good, and a hoot to run. Unfortunately due to my work I am only ever at trials for 1 day out of the 2, but I've had so much fun and many titles were gained. Hopefully next year I can get to more! Very sad the season is over now though, what am I gonna do with my weekends! :( :laugh:

Hope everyone else has had a fun and fantastic year! Do the trials finish at all for a few months down south, or do you just keep going? We finish for 6 months up here because it's just too hot :(

• 1 month later...

I would like Mindy to get some novice agility titles.

She has started working very well towards the end of this year and we have one Q in each of novice agility, jumping, snooker and gamblers and 2 in strategic pairs.

So hopefully this is a realistic goal for us, I guess a lot will depend on my work and how much time I have to train her.

I think agility will be our focus, but I'd also really like to start retrieving and perhaps do some retrieving ability trials. I'd also like to do some tracking.

Now our agility trialling year is over, I can't believe what we have managed to achieve!

Mindy now has gained her ADX, JDX, and GDX titles and is one qually away from gaining her SDX and SPDX titles!

She also has some passes in ADO and JDO. This is more than I had ever imagined we would be able to achieve in a year.

Mindy has come on so well after starting lessons with the wonderful Vickie!

Looking forward to a great year as well next year!