Rspca New Regs On Working Dogs

Steve

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

National Farmers Federation, and I don't think they have had a name change since they were established in 1979. That is why I asked if you meant to say NFF.

But I agree with your main point if that is who you meant, they have the influence to stop this. Especially as it won't make sense to the average person either, working dogs are an aussie icon.

Edited by Diva

Sorry Diva, NFF

They do have he clout. Unfortunately, they also have the clout to swap the government for another in road into purebred dogs, and they are not reluctant to use it, so registered breeders should be aware of a possible trade off.

RSPCA may be flying a kite too

Ahh yes this is again I think gleaned from those bloody working dog surveys I feel that Deakin helps run. They have no idea on equipment or training they just tell everyone else what to do.

Get onto the RSPCA NOW people before they shut down the whole bloody country. The only people who will suffer are the dogs. They already are with the whole hands off idea.

apologies.

if you lot cant figure the obvious anything said is pointless anyway. you reap what not only what you sow,in this case what others have added to the paddock as well, the comming crop looks 'interesting'

Edited by asal

Soon the only dog we will be allowed to own is one of the stuffed toys that come with wheels. It would please the health and safety people, low allergen, no poop, no barking and biting. Then the RSPCA would be happy they'd be out of work.

Soon the only dog we will be allowed to own is one of the stuffed toys that come with wheels. It would please the health and safety people, low allergen, no poop, no barking and biting. Then the RSPCA would be happy they'd be out of work.

:rofl:

WHATS the odds then the job will be to make sure it doesnt get moths, or left in the sun too long and damaged...and up for pet cruelty after all :laugh:

There is a Maremma owner around the outer west of Sydney who tells us he is having a nightmare with the RSPCA regarding the grooming of his working Maremma dogs. They are bred to be able to live in a paddock and soak in water troughs and dams and roll in mud with out needing to be groomed. eek1.gif

It seems the RSPCA has an army of unqualified "experts" at their disposal. How is it that officers do not need to have any kind of qualification regarding all the different kinds of animals they deal with? How can somebody who knows diddly squat about a breed determine how that breed is to be maintained? Why is there no obligation for them to go educate themselves before making judgements?