Another One Bites The Dust

Steve

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is,because breed club members are ANKC members 1st.Maybe some exception to that rule,but not normaly.

And that was the last try I had left in me for awhile.

Okay but it still doesn't make sense against what you posted earlier so :confused:

Anyway, after some contemplation, I think some breeds are better off without a breed club. Because people.

Just received a pm

THERE are some out there with a better command of comprehenson of what is going on after all.

thank DOG

:rofl:

ALTHOUGH I fully understand why its safer to 'lurk' than speak out, I know I am often left wondering. Is what I just said not in a language the reader actually can read? Let alone understand what is said. :confused:

I know when I was a teen, my friend Ursula's father, Mr Rudowski used to give me his Polish Encyclopedia and have me read it to him, then he would ask me what had I just read about? So, I would look at the accompying photos and have a guess. He would be THRILLED, "look, she is learning Polish" Maybe Sheridan and Pebbles et al, really need everthing done with pictures?

Sent 01 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

"There is too much damage being done and not just to pedigrees.They will take every one else down with them if they can,all because they want to be an exclusive club and have 1 rule for them and still set rules for every one else whos not even a member."

(for the benefit of the reading impaired, the comment above does not just apply to the breed clubs, it APPLIES to ALL the state ANKC bodies and their members and committees)

My. probably illegable (to so many unfortunately) reply

EXACTLY.

yet there seem's nobody is 'home' in realising this.

I am so glad you do understand this,,,soo maybe there re more out there after all.

but, the touble is time is running out, if those like us who can see this do not rally together and speak up.

I fear for the future if they do not join us. I hope they gain the courage to speak out

Well the year is HERE.

HAPPY (AND BUSY AND,more join us in speaking out for everyones sake and make this) NEW YEAR the happiest and finally SUCCESSFUL in turning the lemmings away from falling into the sea or going over looming cliff's.... :rofl:

cheers

Edited by asal

The misconception of lemming "mass suicide" is long-standing and has been popularized by a number of factors. In 1955, Disney Studio illustrator Carl Barks drew an Uncle Scrooge adventure comic with the title "The Lemming with the Locket". This comic, which was inspired by a 1953 American Mercury article, showed massive numbers of lemmings jumping over Norwegian cliffs.[10][11] Even more influential was the 1958 Disney film White Wilderness, which won an Academy Award for Documentary Feature, in which staged footage was shown with lemmings jumping into certain death after faked scenes of mass migration.[12] A Canadian Broadcasting Corporation documentary, Cruel Camera, found the lemmings used for White Wilderness were flown from Hudson Bay to Calgary, Alberta, Canada, where they did not jump off the cliff, but were in fact launched off the cliff using a turntable.[13]

This same act was also used in the Apple Computer 1985 Super Bowl commercial "Lemmings" and the popular 1991 video game Lemmings, in which the player must stop the lemmings from mindlessly marching over cliffs or into traps. In a 2010 board game by GMT games, "Leaping Lemmings", players must maneuver lemmings across a board while avoiding hazards, and successfully launch them off a cliff.

Because of their association with this odd behavior, lemming "suicide" is a frequently used metaphor in reference to people who go along unquestioningly with popular opinion, with potentially dangerous or fatal consequences.

Edited by asal

huh?

maybe a reminder is needed, as to the reason for this thread? Although the problem is looming across all breeds and breeders.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

There were only 299 ANKC registered maltese bred australia wide last year - of them less than half would have main register papers

If someone isnt working out some strategy to ensure survival of the breeds its time they woke up.

There are breed clubs shutting down all over the place.

huh?

maybe a reminder is needed, as to the reason for this thread? Although the problem is looming across all breeds and breeders.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

There were only 299 ANKC registered maltese bred australia wide last year - of them less than half would have main register papers

If someone isnt working out some strategy to ensure survival of the breeds its time they woke up.

There are breed clubs shutting down all over the place.

I know what the thread was about, just not sure how sharing PM's and talking about lemmings related to it.

asal, don't know what gives you the impression that I need pictures to understand this thread, particularly some of the crap which I've read. I wish you idealists the best of luck with all the theorising being done but, let me tell you, the show dog world is on the way out. A lot of older members have been trying to get this through for some time but the ANKC, State bodies and particularly the younger generation just wouldn't have a bar of it - and now the time is here! I'm well past showing, breeding now but have put in years of work for the organisations, clubs, exhibitors, etc. and have seen the decline everywhere. I've seen the people who established breed and all breed clubs pushed aside by newcomers who 'knew better'.

Good Luck!!

asal, don't know what gives you the impression that I need pictures to understand this thread, particularly some of the crap which I've read. I wish you idealists the best of luck with all the theorising being done but, let me tell you, the show dog world is on the way out. A lot of older members have been trying to get this through for some time but the ANKC, State bodies and particularly the younger generation just wouldn't have a bar of it - and now the time is here! I'm well past showing, breeding now but have put in years of work for the organisations, clubs, exhibitors, etc. and have seen the decline everywhere. I've seen the people who established breed and all breed clubs pushed aside by newcomers who 'knew better'.

Good Luck!!

those who need luck are anyone who want to be able to choose between a REGISTERED purebred pup and unregistered purebred versus a x bred.

I bought my first purebred puppy when I was 17 with my very own wages. he was a toy poodle bred by Bel Ami. That was 1965.

Bought my first chihuahua in 1978, again a purebred, in both instances the breeder considered their pup nice enough to go complete with its Registration papers.

As we both know, fat chance of that happening today.

The 'etical' rot started , well I first heard the showi mob parroting it in 1980 about eliminating backyarders among them.

I never showed my poodle boy, couldnt hack the primping and that awful clip.

but did show my chi, not that i found the bitchiness at all attractive. So left them to their cat fights and stayed away from the show scene joying my dogs at home and began breeding..

I could see then that eliminating 'backyarders' will ultimately eliminate every stupid one of them.

I may not have finished high school or ever got better than a 55 in english or maths, but considering a home on a block is the australian dream if that lot of fools eliminated every back yarder all who could be left would be living in an apartment, THERES few of them in any australian city compared to the sprawling burbs with the mandatory backyard

well its only taken 32 years but they managed it.... success, complete success is visible on the horizon now.

My take?

we will be back to the days before Kennel controls.

those who want a purebreed dog can still have one, it just will come with a written pedigree as neither its parents or its breeder is an ANKC member.

There wont be any available from ANKC breeders, if there is an ANKC in existance the membership so small, the waiting list would be years.

Edited by asal

asal, if you paused in reflection for a moment, as I said before, you might realise that YOUR enemies are people from your own breed. They're the ones who called in the RSPCA on you. I would dearly love to comprehend what you're on about otherwise but, sorry, the stream of consciousness randomness is often beyond me.

My first pure bred dog was an Aussie Terrier back in about 1946, I was about 10 years old. Never knew about shows then. First dog I showed was a Rough Collie in 1955 and I've been showing from then until the last couple of years. I've never found all this 'bitchiness' you speak of but I guess it depends on your attitude. Over the years I've bred a few litters.

Depending on which State you live in, I think Registration papers have always been compulsary, at least in Victoria.

It's only been recent years I've heard the term BYB used. The big majority of breeders bred in their backyard way back, very few had the luxury of kennels. My first litter was born at a suburban block then I moved to acres. Future litters were still born at the house block, so what did that make me and a lot of others in simular circumstances? Only dogs which had proved their worth in the showring and I was totally happy with were ever mated.

From what I've read here, you weren't happy with the breed club and weren't in the show scene for very long and are now just breeding? I'm surprised at all the knowledge you appear to have of the reasons for the demise of clubs and registered dogs in general.

asal, if you paused in reflection for a moment, as I said before, you might realise that YOUR enemies are people from your own breed. They're the ones who called in the RSPCA on you. I would dearly love to comprehend what you're on about otherwise but, sorry, the stream of consciousness randomness is often beyond me.

Pity you cant see past what you are talking about above. I have no enemies anymore, I ceased to be a target in July last year.

I DO NOT BREED MALTESE, never have. never will yet this entire thread began because this once much loved and incredibly popular pet breed is now low enough in numbers to qualify for the 'endangered ' list.

As is the continuation of the existance of pedigree dogs.

THAT HAS ZILCH TO DO with me. It has everything to do with todays breeders, desperate to be 'ethical' making it well nigh impossible for the breed numbers to remain viable. To be ethical you do not sell on main register.

So where are new to the ranks to come from?

The reason I mention it is because YOU ALWAYS DO. Every time one of these threads comes up, you bring it up.

As I pointed out early in the thread, the Maltese is being bred in greater numbers than other breeds, including my own, so I don't think it will be an extinct breed any time soon.

As to where new breeders are coming from, I put some pf the reason for it fair square at the feet of older breeders. I posted in the numbers thread that Steve posted that it's all co-ownership and breeders terms these days, rather than mentoring younger people. No one replied to contradict me so I guess I was right. You were a breeder. Where are the people you mentored or didn't you?

Edited by Sheridan

My first pure bred dog was an Aussie Terrier back in about 1946, I was about 10 years old. Never knew about shows then. First dog I showed was a Rough Collie in 1955 and I've been showing from then until the last couple of years. I've never found all this 'bitchiness' you speak of but I guess it depends on your attitude. Over the years I've bred a few litters.

Depending on which State you live in, I think Registration papers have always been compulsary, at least in Victoria.

It's only been recent years I've heard the term BYB used. The big majority of breeders bred in their backyard way back, very few had the luxury of kennels. My first litter was born at a suburban block then I moved to acres. Future litters were still born at the house block, so what did that make me and a lot of others in simular circumstances? Only dogs which had proved their worth in the showring and I was totally happy with were ever mated.

From what I've read here, you weren't happy with the breed club and weren't in the show scene for very long and are now just breeding? I'm surprised at all the knowledge you appear to have of the reasons for the demise of clubs and registered dogs in general.

I was a kid who took Professor Sumner Miller completly to heart.

'WHY IS IT SO?'

Doesnt just apply to science.

I looked at the dog show scene, I looked at the dynamics going on there and decided this isnt for me.

Except I soon learned as have so many, the dog scene considers it ownes you once you have a pedigree dog.

If you do not follow the followers of fashion you tend to be perceived as, if you didnt join em, your against em.

whatever happened to your human righs?

to choose who you love (petincluded), to choose who you marry(which pet to keep too). to choose what pet you want?

even more shocking, to choose to breed for soundness and the pleasure of raising them and finding good homes for them, not showring fashion that is so distorted that the doco "Pedigree dogs exposed" had a plethoria of damming examples to air.

The dog show world has a percentage in their population that believe its their right to make these decisions for you. If you do not want to have or breed for the traits that were shown in that doco, you become the target of the self labled ethicals.

if the self labled ethicals actually WERE ethical, there would have been no dogs available for footage to screen on that doco WOULD THERE??????????????????

The reason I mention it is because YOU ALWAYS DO. Every time one of these threads comes up, you bring it up.

As I pointed out early in the thread, the Maltese is being bred in greater numbers than other breeds, including my own, so I don't think it will be an extinct breed any time soon.

As to where new breeders are coming from, I put some pf the reason for it fair square at the feet of older breeders. I posted in the numbers thread that Steve posted that it's all co-ownership and breeders terms these days, rather than mentoring younger people. No one replied to contradict me so I guess I was right. You were a breeder. Where are the people you mentored or didn't you?

MANY of the newbies I introduced became successful showies, breed club members,committe members, even helped run shows.

You actually CAN BREED, SHOW and WIN with sound, happy dogs that wouldnt rate a second glance for inclusion in a program like "pedigree dogs exposed"

where are they now?

Distressed, disillusioned, and wondering "why, what did I do wrong".

they still have their dogs, the reason they bought them in the first place, they love the breed they chose.

dont know if they are members anymore ?

another lady my only connection to her she used one of my males a few years ago, very keen, very conscientious. ran into her just before new years.

not going to renew her membership again.. still adores her dogs, still intends to keep her line going but no longer as registered .

weird, "why is it so"

so many have come to the same conclusion?

I have not seen them for years

so how dare you imply any negatives come solely from being associated with me :mad

Although have to concede, its a very effective way to deflect attention away from others beginning to ask for themselves, "WHY? IS? IT SO?"

Dont want that happening do we :)

Might prove awkward

Edited by asal

I didn't imply anything. I asked if you had mentored anyone.

You need to stop the instant paranoia, asal, your arguments could be a little more cogent without it.

well you have your answer then.

the dog world chewed em up and spat em out, well quite a few from what i see

Mentoring is something my training was geared to, even mentor newbies who :eek: didnt even buy any from me, I was brought up to help people on the principle of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

far as I can see that has been a bit too often, morphed into "do unto the other bastard before he can do unto you!"

(favourite advice from some rather ex acquaintances, )

Edited by asal