Another Guess The Breed Dog Attack.

MelissaS

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/boy-in-hospital-after-dog-attack/1688995/

UPDATE 6.20PM: Lochlan Johns is lucky to have only stitches and bruises to show for a horrific dog attack on Buddina Beach.

The six-year-old was mauled by a Rottweiler cross on Tuesday afternoon.

He sustained multiple wounds to the back of his neck, top of his head, forehead and lip.

His mother, Romana Johns, told The Daily she feared her son would have been killed in the attack.

"I freaked out when it happened," she said.

After she got the dog off Lachlan, it turned its attention to her youngest, Ayva.

She suffered only a bruised arm.

"It could have been so much worse," Mrs Johns said.

Boy in hospital after dog attack

DOCTORS treated a six-year-old boy for puncture wounds to his face, back and neck after a dog attack yesterday.

Emergency services said the child was attacked on Pacific Bvd at Buddina just before 2.30pm.

The dog was reportedly off its leash in an on-leash walking area at the time.

The young boy was treated at the scene before being transported to Nambour General Hospital emergency department.

Doctors were still working to treat his wounds in the emergency department last night.

A spokeswoman said he was in a stable condition.

Early reports from witnesses said the dog was a large breed, possibly a rottweiler.

The dog was secured by its owners at the scene.

Police arrived at Pacific Bvd to assist but a spokesman said no action was taken.

It was not clear last night if the Sunshine Coast Council would issue the owner with a fine or begin a legal prosecution.

When a complaint about a dog's aggressive behaviour has been received the council may list the animal as a "regulated dog" if the complaint is proven.

The owner will have to comply with the special conditions listed in the Animal Management Act 2008. The council has the ability to seize any animal that is considered a threat to community safety.

I'm in no way downplaying the attack or the poor child etc... But the picture that has been put with article is ridiculous.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/boy-in-hospital-after-dog-attack/1688995/

UPDATE 6.20PM: Lochlan Johns is lucky to have only stitches and bruises to show for a horrific dog attack on Buddina Beach.

The six-year-old was mauled by a Rottweiler cross on Tuesday afternoon.

He sustained multiple wounds to the back of his neck, top of his head, forehead and lip.

His mother, Romana Johns, told The Daily she feared her son would have been killed in the attack.

"I freaked out when it happened," she said.

After she got the dog off Lachlan, it turned its attention to her youngest, Ayva.

She suffered only a bruised arm.

"It could have been so much worse," Mrs Johns said.

Boy in hospital after dog attack

DOCTORS treated a six-year-old boy for puncture wounds to his face, back and neck after a dog attack yesterday.

Emergency services said the child was attacked on Pacific Bvd at Buddina just before 2.30pm.

The dog was reportedly off its leash in an on-leash walking area at the time.

The young boy was treated at the scene before being transported to Nambour General Hospital emergency department.

Doctors were still working to treat his wounds in the emergency department last night.

A spokeswoman said he was in a stable condition.

Early reports from witnesses said the dog was a large breed, possibly a rottweiler.

The dog was secured by its owners at the scene.

Police arrived at Pacific Bvd to assist but a spokesman said no action was taken.

It was not clear last night if the Sunshine Coast Council would issue the owner with a fine or begin a legal prosecution.

When a complaint about a dog's aggressive behaviour has been received the council may list the animal as a "regulated dog" if the complaint is proven.

The owner will have to comply with the special conditions listed in the Animal Management Act 2008. The council has the ability to seize any animal that is considered a threat to community safety.

I'm in no way downplaying the attack or the poor child etc... But the picture that has been put with article is ridiculous.

Welcome to the world of the Bull Breed owners. The number of times they show the same photo of that snarling Pitty, even though the dog has been labelled as a Bully Cross, when no one knows for sure what it was.

******* media bastards.

Hope the little boy recovers with no scars either physically, or mentally & they catch the owner of the dog.

stupid to put that photo up, but to me that dog doesn't look really scary, I half wonder if it's not really smiling. Does anyone else think it looks like that?

Or else it might have been taught to snarl on command. It looks as if it's waiting for a treat.

I'm just loving all the comments after the article:

I think banning dogs and breeds is too difficult.

I believe ALL DOGS should be muzzled AND on a leash when in public. Yep, and that includes your ever so sweet little toy dogs as well as the purebreds with fantastic temperaments and all the rest of it.

This will keep their teeth locked up, stop barking, and prevent affray with other dogs.

If it gets off the leash, it won't bite anyone.

Too much work muzzling your dogs? Then leave them at home.

WTFBBQ?!

I'm just loving all the comments after the article:

I think banning dogs and breeds is too difficult.

I believe ALL DOGS should be muzzled AND on a leash when in public. Yep, and that includes your ever so sweet little toy dogs as well as the purebreds with fantastic temperaments and all the rest of it.

This will keep their teeth locked up, stop barking, and prevent affray with other dogs.

If it gets off the leash, it won't bite anyone.

Too much work muzzling your dogs? Then leave them at home.

WTFBBQ?!

You always get these idiotic replies by non dog people, after an incident like this.

stupid to put that photo up, but to me that dog doesn't look really scary, I half wonder if it's not really smiling. Does anyone else think it looks like that?

Or else it might have been taught to snarl on command. It looks as if it's waiting for a treat.

good point, I had a cattle bitch who thought that was how you greeted people when your happy to see them. worked a treat scaring the daylights out of anyone who didnt know her.

A friends Maremma does the same.... no one going to her place for the first time gets out of the car. :rofl:

On second look, yes I agree. He looks like he's watching his trainer to be marked and rewarded. Hard to tell in a photo but eyes look soft, ears relaxed, doesn't look poised to spring and it doesn't look like a full on snarl. Interesting.

Asal, there's a staffy (AmStaff I assume) CHaracter in Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 who has that same problem, he smiles when he's happy and people freak out and think he's snarling. Works out well for him in the end though :laugh:

From what I recall when that article was first posted that picture wasn't with it, I remember commenting on this article up to 2 days after it was posted and this picture still wasn't with it. its been added much later. And fortunately they didn't use a stupid picture like this in the printed newspaper article either, they showed the pic of the poor boy who is now emotionally and physically scarred for life. :(

Only thing going for the owner is at least she didn't bundle the dog into a car and or do a runner and contained the dog (too little too late) and called the police. Least she stayed to face the music.

On second look, yes I agree. He looks like he's watching his trainer to be marked and rewarded. Hard to tell in a photo but eyes look soft, ears relaxed, doesn't look poised to spring and it doesn't look like a full on snarl. Interesting.

Asal, there's a staffy (AmStaff I assume) CHaracter in Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 who has that same problem, he smiles when he's happy and people freak out and think he's snarling. Works out well for him in the end though :laugh:

Yep, that's just how he looks to me.

• 3 weeks later...

I think a taxidermist might be responsible for this dog's expression. Its eyes look too glassy.

Erm, no.

It looks very much like a studio shot. Its eyes don't look glassy, they have light reflecting from them.

A quick Google search confirms this- here you go, the same "stuffed" dog... http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/103924/112450418/stock-photo-portrait-of-a-purebred-rottweiler-in-studio-112450418.jpg and some more.. http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/103924/103924,1257665944,2/stock-photo-rottweiler-the-girl-of-years-on-a-black-background-40457938.jpg