Is It The Weather? Hair Everywhere

Loving my Oldies

I know your just in denial danny's darling. You really want a Roomba LOL.... Don't worry I won't hold it against you, they are almost the best thing ever :)

Oh, I do, I do :cry::cry: . I just can't justify purchasing another vacuum cleaner. I already have two :eek:

These last couple of weeks, the large one is never put away, because it is needed a couple of times a day. The "stick" one is so easy to use, I can do a quick whizz around the whole house in less than 20 minutes, but it just doesn't cope with amount of hair being shed of late.

When I've recovered from Myrtie's latest trip to emergency (HGE :( ), I might treat myself.

Thanks. We have a magnificent Dyson - but it just won't do the vaccuuming without human intervention! We are moving into a new place in April with ducted vaccuuming but I assume that somebody (me) will have to operate the thing. I think I have too much junk on the floors (including two lazy black dogs most of the time) for a robot vac to work, and the Husband says they are a waste of money - easy for him to say because he doesn't involve himself in housekeeping matters! In the meantime, I find a rubber broom like the ones hairdressers use is very effective. But I do dream of a robot vac... or black dogs that don't shed .:)

Oh mine are shedding like mad too! I brush them every day and am contemplating hiring a scientist to explain to me how if I brush a shopping bag full of hair off them daily, why are they not bald? :confused:

The worst is when it wraps around the base of the girlchild's dummy. Eeeew hair goobers!

Oh mine are shedding like mad too! I brush them every day and am contemplating hiring a scientist to explain to me how if I brush a shopping bag full of hair off them daily, why are they not bald? :confused:

LOL, I wonder the same. And why is it that the next day, they look like a very old, very moth eaten rug with loose hair sticking out in all directions. At least I have only one dog and the cat who look like that.

• 5 months later...

I was looking for another thread and came across this one. I didn't vacuum yesterday and today the place looks like a grooming parlour.

I was wondering whether it could be something to do with age as well?? Because I didn't have this problem in my previous house which was occupied by as many dogs and also had wooden floorboards.

I still have three of the same dogs, but they are all elderly now, that is 8.1/2 years older.

The amount of hair floating around is just extraordinary. I even found some on the windows today - must have been moist from condensation and then hair flying around attached itself.

:eek::eek:

The vacuum clearner awaits LOL.

some metabolic conditions seem to change the shedding pattern in some dogs ie....make them shed for Australia!

Many of the dogs I know with cushings never seem to stop shedding.

:laugh: I don't know how you all do it. I was put off by the amount of RAT hair in the lint filter of the dryer yesterday, because I washed and dried some of the polarfleece that had been in their cage. That's hair from 2 rats!

I complain about the amount of wool that ends up on the floor when I clip my Toy Poodle (I swear the wool just breeds as it lies on the floor waiting to be picked up). I couldn't handle shedding dogs! :laugh:

It's not out of the question to wake up in my house with a hair halfway down your throat or protruding from an eye....this is with daily vaccuuming/sweeping.

Unfortunately all the breeds I like are crazy shedding machines so I just have to deal with it :laugh:

My house is a hair nightmare at the moment. I'm tempted to leave doof's pj's on 24/7 to get a break from sweeping. Bear's hair felts into clumps and then come out, it's bloody everywhere but I brush her and get nothing which is confusing the hell out of me!!!

Yep doof sheds constantly too. Even my lizard is shedding his skin....at least he has the decency to stay in his tank :laugh:

When we bought our couch, carpet and floorboards they asked what colour we wanted and I just pulled a clump of dog hair off my jeans and said 'match this'. Thankfully my 2 are similar colours, I'll have to stick with Tollers now or find the money for a new couch :rofl:

My terrier x seems to be dropping a lot more hair lately than he ever has...and he normally never does! Granted, his hair is pretty long right now as I'm growing it out for winter (dunno why, I already feel an itch to clip), but he is leaving hair on my BED. I hand strip and brush often, as well as furminate. That used to be the only way to get the hair off him as he never used to drop it. :confused: