Litters Due April 2013

Monteba

Just had the little struggling pup pts..... He was still kicking along for 5 days and his mum was doing her best to keep him warm and cleaned but even with some bottle feed he hadnt gained weight.

So 9 pups for us - 5 girls and 4 boys - pretty good result really.

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes the hard decisions are for the best.

Well I was sure Tango had more puppies than the ultra-sound showed, wasn't my normal vet on that day! She had them 5 days early, there were 3 still borns, and 6 dogs and 5 bitches living. 14!! 11 live. Was quite strange I have had about 14 litters before, never had 2 come out at the same time before, but happened twice, first time one dead, one alive and last one which took ages to come out 1 dead and 1 alive, although think this dead one was alive not long before took her a while to get it out and wasn't in sack, tried to revive for some time to no avail.

Wow, 14 puppies!! I hope your 11 surviving are going well :)

My girl is still in one piece. No sign of labour imminent yet. She's just eaten her dinner and temp is still around normal.

iDOUKbl.jpg?1

Edited by Asalei

Well I was sure Tango had more puppies than the ultra-sound showed, wasn't my normal vet on that day! She had them 5 days early, there were 3 still borns, and 6 dogs and 5 bitches living. 14!! 11 live. Was quite strange I have had about 14 litters before, never had 2 come out at the same time before, but happened twice, first time one dead, one alive and last one which took ages to come out 1 dead and 1 alive, although think this dead one was alive not long before took her a while to get it out and wasn't in sack, tried to revive for some time to no avail.

Congratulations and all the best to the remaining 11. Grow strong and healthy babies. You will have your hands full.

All I can manage is the one pup! :laugh:

Wow look at that Beagle belly, I feel guilty when they get to that stage!

Skyhaven, I had 2 try to come out - the first 2 pups of my very first litter! :eek: luckily the vets are only around the corner and they managed to push one back a bit to allow the other out - lucky for me, the first one out was my lovely Amy (sat behind me on the chair now!) the other was her brother who was born dead and couldn;t be revived.

I've only had two come out at the same time, and like so many others, one was alive, one was dead. I admit, I was a bit gobsmacked when it happened and grabbed one pup that was struggling to break the sack. I wonder had I got the other, would it have lived? never will know, but based on what others are saying, it seems unlikely.

What do you mean two at a time? As in, right behind each other or side by side?

becks - yep, I'm feeling quite horrible right now :( My poor girl. She's still extremely active and running around with the other dogs.

oSoSwift - I know!! She's nearly 3.5 years old now.

Still nothing to see here. Due tomorrow. Her temp is hovering around 37.1-37.2... It was 37.9 this morning when I got up. Normal has been 37.5

She's sleeping a lot and is very uncomfortable. Hopefully tomorrow on her due date!