It Was Ment To Be

Guest muttrus

Guest muttrus

Im not one for a short story but I"ll try my best ----------This is a happy and sad story and although some of you will not like bits of it I hope you can see it worked out for us all.

I own BIG dogs ex poundies our daughter has a little 2.3kg dog .They all get along but for her own safety the little dog sleeps inside and is not left alone with our big dogs.This has always been ok until our daughteris at school .Her little dog plays on a different level to the big dogs and with the big dogs being alot older they are pretty much sloths.SO we decided we would get her another playmate on her level and size .She had always had the cat but the cat has since decided he was to mature to play with a dog :D .

I looked around the breeds in the size we were looking for were around $600 plus I added that with vet treatments such as vaccinations and desexing and totally ruled it out.I DID apply to afew on pet rescue with NO reply back which pissed me off.There isn"t a pound near me and I "rely on public transport so that was hard .I looked on gumtree and found a suitable little dog around 4kgs The photo was crap the description useless but there was something about this dog that I can"t explain.I called and two days he delivered from the blacktown area .I asked all the usual questions but he couldn"t answer ANY and these were simple everyday questions.I thought God I can tell you the exact time my dog does a s%^t everyday!

The owner then informed me he bought the dog from a pet shop for the kids but they didn"t play with him so for a year this dog had been stting in a yard never allowed inside never walked on a lead no flea treatments very limited human contact.

The first two days he wouldn"t sleep wouldn"t eat was scared of everything and didn"t understand what affection was

I quickly thanked the owner so he would leave before I slapped him hahahhaha .Anyway less than a week since I adopted him he is house trained walks on a lead responds to his new name (he didn"t even know his old name) sleeps in our bed was desexed yesterday gets along with everyone and all the animals here he loves being patted and will fall asleep in your arms .I love this little guy.We were at the park the other day and he was running around like a mad hatter and I SWEAR he was laughing he then came over sat in my lap looked up at me and took off with a happy little deer like kick and bounce .

This little dog doesn"t bark at other dogs is so gentle and has so much personality.He doesn"t show signs of abuse just neglect .I have so many mixed emotions for him I feel sorry for him and want to make it upto him for time lost but so happy I found him angry for him and so much love to give him.

I even updated his owners with photos etc -----I know you maybe thinking why the hell would I bother BUT as I honour my word I said I would so I did .---No reply --no suprise .And I phoned council today to find out the owner hasn"t handed in the change of owner forms and HE LIED the dog wasn"t registered either.I told council the dogs story and asked if they could fine him for owning a dog unregistered ??? I will be there tomorrow with the paperwork and making sure he is registered in OUR name

I know many believe there are some shady people adopting from gumtree and yes there are BUT I can tell you Im not one of them and this dog will never have anything to worry about again.I hope the other little dog with him was adopted by someone just like us .

******************A note the reson I didn"t adopt from the rescue I foster for is we only have med to large dogs and we wanted a little dog.*******************And yes I did write epic novels about us and our home etc when I applied about other dogs via pet rescue -----Maybe I sounded too good to be true :D either way I would have liked a reply even if it was NO.

***************IM HAPPY our animals are happy our new addition is happy *****************

Guest muttrus

post-33936-0-79965800-1359595873_thumb.jpgpost-33936-0-70828400-1359595971_thumb.jpg

Here are the two weasels at the park We didn"t want a puppy nor a fluffy dog .One is 2.3kgs and one is 4.3kgs which is far from our 49kg arab and 29 kg dane x ahhahahahahahah.I even bought a doggie raincoat for our sons pug x that I found at the op-shop for a bargin $1 --not sure why as we don"t walk the dogs in the rain :D and the little dog is so small I bought her 00000 baby bonds singlets to use as little jumpers :laugh: And she wears a cat collar size wise

I have always been a BIG dog person but I must admit I have been converted :D But I will always laugh about sally only needing ONE stitch from her desexing

They are deadly cute!

My Harper's best buddy is only 3kgs... and Harper knows how to play nice with her... not all larger dogs play rough with little dogs... *grin*

See...

12-01-2013-harper-snooky008_zps6970bff3.jpg

12-01-2013-harper-snooky028_zpse90ee8d3.jpg

12-01-2013-harper-snooky036_zps73f6cbad.jpg

Snooky is the one that always has the upper hand... lol!

T.

I'm new to all this DOL stuff but I go on Gumtree all the time - I always come across ads for BB's (among a lot of other breeds) trying to scam people but in November last year I came across one that wasn't. There was an actual contact number so I phoned and was told she was moving house and couldn't take the dogs with her. I wasn't looking for another dog but I couldn't not go and see her. When I did arrive and see the condition she was in I couldn't leave her there - I was told she had been ' home vaccinated ' ( what is that )and was registered and microchipped and desexed - I was unable to get any proof of any of these from the seller either. I wish I could have taken the Bull Mastiff as well but I did give her the Bull Breeds Rescue number and I hope she called. Spud (that's her name now) had open weeping hot spots on her bum area, tail and legs - The vet told me that the blackened hardened skin on her legs was probably from years of neglect/ non treatment. She was completely exhausted from scratching, underweight by about 4-5kgs and had infection in both of her ears as well as 2 teeth that had been broken and chipped and never fixed, her fur and skin was dry and flaky and she could hardly hold her head up. I thought my vet would advise me to end her suffering but he thought she was worth trying to help. After vet treatment/ vaccination and recuperation time she is now a completely different girl - She went to live with a wonderful family with 3 other rescue dogs and they send me photos/videos every week. I'm not a shady person adopting from Gumtree either - I just wanted to help her and I think I was pretty lucky to have been able to. I did contact the original breeder in NSW to let them know just in case this woman tried to get another one from her. How can these sorts of websites be stopped from selling and how can the sellers know who's buying their so called "much loved but can no longer keep'animals?

Guest muttrus

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D yep our big guys play like that too its the LITTLE one who"s a right so and so She will run after dogs crarrying on people don"t care because she"s little and cute --I hate it Yet they cross the street when I walk the biggest sook down the road!

The fear is sally gets all nuts and tries to play like them she gets trodden on sat on .She waits till one is down then she goes their legs in a word she"s a bitch :D

Its a different level of play so we just use common sense .Plus fitting another bigger dog in here with two already big and the fosters etc there was alot to take into account . :) I guess unlike some people at least we did think about the situation the needs of us all and the dogs etc

Guest muttrus

I'm new to all this DOL stuff but I go on Gumtree all the time - I always come across ads for BB's (among a lot of other breeds) trying to scam people but in November last year I came across one that wasn't. There was an actual contact number so I phoned and was told she was moving house and couldn't take the dogs with her. I wasn't looking for another dog but I couldn't not go and see her. When I did arrive and see the condition she was in I couldn't leave her there - I was told she had been ' home vaccinated ' ( what is that )and was registered and microchipped and desexed - I was unable to get any proof of any of these from the seller either. I wish I could have taken the Bull Mastiff as well but I did give her the Bull Breeds Rescue number and I hope she called. Spud (that's her name now) had open weeping hot spots on her bum area, tail and legs - The vet told me that the blackened hardened skin on her legs was probably from years of neglect/ non treatment. She was completely exhausted from scratching, underweight by about 4-5kgs and had infection in both of her ears as well as 2 teeth that had been broken and chipped and never fixed, her fur and skin was dry and flaky and she could hardly hold her head up. I thought my vet would advise me to end her suffering but he thought she was worth trying to help. After vet treatment/ vaccination and recuperation time she is now a completely different girl - She went to live with a wonderful family with 3 other rescue dogs and they send me photos/videos every week. I'm not a shady person adopting from Gumtree either - I just wanted to help her and I think I was pretty lucky to have been able to. I did contact the original breeder in NSW to let them know just in case this woman tried to get another one from her. How can these sorts of websites be stopped from selling and how can the sellers know who's buying their so called "much loved but can no longer keep'animals?

Well done you certainly sound like a loving person in the course of me looking for a dog Id replied to another but they contacted me after Id committed myself to the one above BUT I offered to help the other little guy and took him in too.I found him a GREAT home it was so suitable for both unlike the owner I got my dog from this other person was from what I could tell genuine and I called her to tell her and she follows our facebook page.for updates .I think people won"t change and I don"t care where someone helps an animal from as long as its helped .I guess while they"re advertising rehoming their dog via a website or trading post etc its not at the pound! There are great people out there like you I wish there were more :) and while I would like to help them all you just can"t its a fact but we can all do a bit .On the other hand while there are some shady people giving up /selling their pets there are also the sincere ones too.I even google earthed the house to check it out :laugh: BUT if you do my yard theres a caravan in the yard that hasn"t been there for awhile :D

Thats a beautiful story Muttrus - good for you! Gumtree breaks my heart - I find it very hard to understand how people could just get rid of old and faithful pets because of really petty reasons :mad

Are we allowed to talk about Gumtree by the way - the forum rules confuse me sometimes :confused:

What a perfect outcome! But please, as if you have to justify taking a dog out of that situation and bringing it into your home to be loved and cared for. You did a great thing, and I'm so glad it has worked out for you both!

He's a gorgeous little guy, he almost look deer-like to me. I dont know what it is, he just looks really.. gentle and lovely :D

And tdietrix.. your Harper's playmate is PERFECT. He's the ultimate Hairy Maclarey. I love him!! What an awesome little guy! I thought my Mimi was the closest thing to a real life Hairy Maclarey, but that guy takes the cake. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A lovely story and a happy ending. :D I had disappointing experiences while trying to adopt two puppies, one with Gumtree, the other with a large dog rescue org in northern NSW, resulting in the latter blocking me off their Facebook page. :mad Never had a problem in the last 30 years buying GWP's from registered breeders, just thought I wanted a change. Good grief!!