Underwater Ningaloo Reef - Diving 2013

kja

Finally out for two dives yesterday, been too long. Amazing stuff: 2 Queensland gropers, a bull shark, tons of turtles, all manner of little guys. Only shot a few frames, including some with the Baby Panasonic TS3 - so fun!

FEB13_116_zpse6ee5757.jpg

FEB13_117_zps012bc8b4.jpg

More photos here - enjoy. Leave some lovin' if you're so inclined as it's nice to know if anyone has any interest!

Edited by kja

• 1 month later...

OMG what a way to start April! Crazy feeding frenzies, enormous cod getting all up close and personal, sharks, turtles, rays, sea snakes, anemonefish, nudibranchs, clear water, 28C...damn, I guess I'd better go out again tomorrow!

APR13_100_zps898e22c4.jpg

APR13_101_zps57f47392.jpg

Canon 40D, Tokina 10-17, Subal housing, Zen baby dome, 2 Inon strobes

two more dives today - yippeee! Turtles were pretty cooperative on dive one

So mellow they snooze as they swim past :)

APR13_121_zpsbdfc2dcc.jpg

Scratch under flipper, please

APR13_120_zpse57e8f0e.jpg

Canon 40D, Tokina 10-17, Subal housing, Zen baby dome, 2 Inon strobes

I am in awe of the turtles! Just amazing. You may get a friend request on facey from a girl from my work, she is from Scotland over here studying to be a marine biologist. I share and show her your photos, she is in awe too! She wants to come over and go diving with you. :laugh: her name is Louise, so if you se a friend request you will know who it is!

Thanks, FM! :)

Wasn't going to go out today but a friend called and we've been trying to catch up for months - so I went! Wasn't spectacular, but saw some neat stuff.

Feather star curls

APR13_144_zps448988b7.jpg

Swam with dolphins before we hit the dive site.

Found a baby perenti lizard on my bcd as I was putting my kit together on the boat - yikes! Startled me totally. At least I saw him before I took him underwater with me :D