What Is The Most Annoying Thing Your Dogs Do?

Guest Maeby Fünke

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do I start :laugh:

Chip

- Scratches at the back door to be let out rather than going out the doggy door

- Scratches at the back door to be let out so I get up and open the door and then he doesn't go out

- Growls at me when I'm taking to long to put my sneakers on for a walk (just like a whinging child) and also talks back when told off

- Does one woof about a minute apart sometimes throughout the night - its just enough to wake you up and then you just fall back to sleep just in time for him to do the next woof and wake you again

Kiesha

- Drops the toy off the couch over and over and over and over and over.......

- Rolls in puddles on walks and anything that is smelly resulting in at least 2 baths a week (I'm never fast enough)

- Barks at the possums and anyone walking past the house

- Opens any doors to rooms she is shut out off

Bitty has decided that since crying gets Puppas instant attention she too will cry when he cries.

When he hit his crying peak at six Weeks I had a crying baby and a howling dog while Bubby gave me the "do something you incompetent woman" look!

Oscar has a habit of jumping up and down on the spot and barking at me when he wants to be lifted up onto the couch (he can get up there himself, but sometimes he likes to be lifted)...

The annoying part is when I get up out of my comfy spot and go to help him he runs away really fast!

It drives me nuts! :laugh:

Are you sure that it is not about getting your attention to play or something?

And Poppy has a habit of dropping a toy onto the floor, then jumping off the couch to get it, and then jumping back up onto the couch again - over and over!

I swear she dangles the toy perilously over the edge of the couch just to annoy me! :laugh:

Yep, Tonka does this. It is sort of like they set the thing up so that it 'moves' and then they can chase...quite effective really :)

Tonka always pushes certain toys under the couch and then looks at me helplessly to get it out and then he does it again :o I have to get up to get down and reach under :mad

Guest Maeby Fünke

Where do I start :laugh:

Chip

- Scratches at the back door to be let out rather than going out the doggy door

- Scratches at the back door to be let out so I get up and open the door and then he doesn't go out

- Growls at me when I'm taking to long to put my sneakers on for a walk (just like a whinging child) and also talks back when told off

- Does one woof about a minute apart sometimes throughout the night - its just enough to wake you up and then you just fall back to sleep just in time for him to do the next woof and wake you again

Kiesha

- Drops the toy off the couch over and over and over and over and over.......

- Rolls in puddles on walks and anything that is smelly resulting in at least 2 baths a week (I'm never fast enough)

- Barks at the possums and anyone walking past the house

- Opens any doors to rooms she is shut out off

Apart from the one woof/barking, my Lab does all these things! She must be the most annoying dog in the universe! :laugh:

Oscar has a habit of jumping up and down on the spot and barking at me when he wants to be lifted up onto the couch (he can get up there himself, but sometimes he likes to be lifted)...

The annoying part is when I get up out of my comfy spot and go to help him he runs away really fast!

It drives me nuts! :laugh:

And Poppy has a habit of dropping a toy onto the floor, then jumping off the couch to get it, and then jumping back up onto the couch again - over and over!

I swear she dangles the toy perilously over the edge of the couch just to annoy me! :laugh:

Yep, Tonka does this. It is sort of like they set the thing up so that it 'moves' and then they can chase...quite effective really :)

Tonka always pushes certain toys under the couch and then looks at me helplessly to get it out and then he does it again :o I have to get up to get down and reach under :mad

Lili does this too. She gets her ball stuck under things and then just sits there staring at the spot she can't get to. If I notice her not move for a while I know there's something where she can't reach :laugh:

Bitty has decided that since crying gets Puppas instant attention she too will cry when he cries.

When he hit his crying peak at six Weeks I had a crying baby and a howling dog while Bubby gave me the "do something you incompetent woman" look!

That is sweet told as a story - though I can imagine you would have been going out of your mind :eek:

I wish I could get my two to hate the rain *sigh* but alas they don't seem to notice or care how saturated they get :(

Guest Maeby Fünke

No, no... When he wants to play, he barks at his toy box :laugh:

eta

It's a Pug thang :D

Edited by Maeby Fünke

Guest Maeby Fünke

Sorrrrry panto I thought you were having a go a Maebe and she's copped a bit of crap my bad :)

Another group hug, perhaps? :grouphug:

Don't worry and thanks for looking out for me :laugh: :)

Oscar - he whinges to be covered up. He will cry and sook until you go and find him to throw the blanket over him. Now he can do it himself, he just likes to manipulate me. OH always tells me to ignore him but it is over quicker if I just cover him laugh.gif He is the most stubborn dog I have ever known.

Lilly - will squish into the smallest spot next to me and then breathe on me with her nose on my neck

Patch is the slowest eater I have ever seen. He eats his kibble basically one piece at a time. We swear that lately he forgets he hasn't finished it (cause he needs to take a pee break after about 5 mins) and he will run inside unless i remind him there is still food. We have worked out one of us needs to sit next to him whilst he eats and rattle the dish to get his attention back - and split his food over 2 cups - so he gets one and then when he is done he gets another. Maybe 2 cups is too overwhelming for his pea brain to contemplate eating...

Martha:

• barks at possums in the middle of the night
  • does not bark at strangers entering the house
  • vomits on my bed
  • lies lengthways in high traffic areas
  • moults.

Other than that she's super cute. Her new thing is wanting to sit on my lap while I scratch her back. This might be normal behaviour for, say, a pug, but she's a labrador.

What's that? You want to see a picture of her? Oh ok then fine.

a7efeb4a5b0211e293ab22000a9f1919_7.jpg

Oh alright here's another one:

feb46f36621011e294d322000a1f8c09_7.jpg

My youngest runs in spins or runs in loops when he is excited ... particularly first thing in the morning or when I have a garden hose in my hand.

I hate the spinning behaviour ...

Oh Patch does the spin in one spot too - Oscar darts out from a safe spot to bark and encourage him

Martha:

• barks at possums in the middle of the night
  • does not bark at strangers entering the house
  • vomits on my bed
  • lies lengthways in high traffic areas
  • moults.

Other than that she's super cute. Her new thing is wanting to sit on my lap while I scratch her back. This might be normal behaviour for, say, a pug, but she's a labrador.

What's that? You want to see a picture of her? Oh ok then fine.

a7efeb4a5b0211e293ab22000a9f1919_7.jpg

Oh alright here's another one:

feb46f36621011e294d322000a1f8c09_7.jpg

I refuse to believe that she would do any of those naughty things - she is obviously an angel.

I did somehow forget that Oscar is a bed vomitter too. A few nights ago I took Patch out to the toilet and came back to Oscar vomit (of what I think was dog poo) on the bed - all the while husband was sound asleep...