A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

Question on worming, was given some good detail on when and how often I should do it but being new to all this I am not sure where to start in purchasing the right worming medication, will call the breeder tonight to get some more info but just wanted to check with you all if there is anything I should know about worming.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sujo, his name is Nixon - chocolate lab, was 15 weeks on the weekend when I took the pic. We had an awful first 4 or 5 weeks - he was sick and behaving poorly, but now his health is fixed he's a lot happier and behaving better. Everyone is happier now! :)

It's been a busy and hectic few days here, so I'm playing a bit of catch up here.

Willow continues to hold me in awe of her ability to just take stuff in her stride....except being caged at work...then you scream like you are dying. :doh: I had her big bone in there to amuse her...once she gnawed all the meat off it, back to screaming.( :driving:me to :drink:is what it does to me) Although today she didn't scream as badly, nor for as long...so maybe she's getting the hang of it. :crossfingers: (Her little howl was sooooooo gorgeous...if heartwrending)

Right now she is snuggled under the table with Dory, when I get my internet back up at home I will post some more piccies. :D

We've had several toy casualties (thanks Dory) and the cats are starting to come to terms with the new disruption in their lives. Willow is a bit more bold with them, but not chasing them (YET).

Last night she joined the current puppy classes, all a lot older than her. I thought I would have to gentle her along...instead I had to peel her off everyone, or from under everyone. She was very good, considering all the pups are rather boisterous, it suited her right down to the ground.

It's been a busy and hectic few days here, so I'm playing a bit of catch up here.

Willow continues to hold me in awe of her ability to just take stuff in her stride....except being caged at work...then you scream like you are dying. :doh: I had her big bone in there to amuse her...once she gnawed all the meat off it, back to screaming.( :driving:me to :drink:is what it does to me) Although today she didn't scream as badly, nor for as long...so maybe she's getting the hang of it. :crossfingers: (Her little howl was sooooooo gorgeous...if heartwrending)

Right now she is snuggled under the table with Dory, when I get my internet back up at home I will post some more piccies. :D

We've had several toy casualties (thanks Dory) and the cats are starting to come to terms with the new disruption in their lives. Willow is a bit more bold with them, but not chasing them (YET).

Last night she joined the current puppy classes, all a lot older than her. I thought I would have to gentle her along...instead I had to peel her off everyone, or from under everyone. She was very good, considering all the pups are rather boisterous, it suited her right down to the ground.

Sounds like she is getting on great Dory, Koda is the same with his howl, its heart wrenching at the best of times and at night I just wanna go back out there and cuddle him, I might start putting him in the cage fully at night and having the cage in our room so if he howls I know its for the toilet and not cause he is lonely

Its even worse when I have to put him in the yard before I go off for work and I can hear the whimpering :cry:

And I think too much at work about him, worrying myself to death about what he is up to, what might have happened, wahhh gotta stop thinking, he is fine.....

p.s I got my first puppy school session today, can't wait

Edited by JackC

Oooh puppy classes! Glad Willows went well, hope Koda likes his too :)

I still haven't found a good puppy class here, so I'm still going with my plan of boycotting them, as the ones that are here are more likely to do more harm than good.

But I have had to already book pup into Beginners obedience with a Delta Trainer for when he is 13 weeks!

Ooops this is the wrong puppy thread!

Edited by LisaCC

Sumo got vaccinated today, and he weighed in at 16.3kg at 12 weeks :) The vet absolutely loved him! And he was such a good boy while being handled all over by a stranger. Love my little man :)

Sumo got vaccinated today, and he weighed in at 16.3kg at 12 weeks :) The vet absolutely loved him! And he was such a good boy while being handled all over by a stranger. Love my little man :)

LITTLE man? :rofl: At 9 weeks Willow now weighs 7kg.

When and Where are you starting show training Cassie? I'm looking forward to doing some work with Willow before she becomes a 'Princess'. :laugh:

Oh this really makes me aware of how tiny my little one is. He's 16 weeks old and 2.15 kilo :laugh:

When I told the breeder his update she said "Wow that's big!" :laugh: However the vet thought he was even a tad underweight for the size of his frame, as he could feel his ribs and spine very easily. I am so conscious of not letting him get overweight though so I'd rather him a little lighter than a little heavier. He's not a guts when it comes to his food at all.

Awesome cassie, sounds like Sumo is growing well.

Koda loved his first class with the breeder, was a trip to go there but worth it, got to play with his sister and was fast asleep on the ride home and all last night, didn't hear a peep out of him.

LITTLE man? :rofl: At 9 weeks Willow now weighs 7kg.

When and Where are you starting show training Cassie? I'm looking forward to doing some work with Willow before she becomes a 'Princess'. :laugh:

Oh this really makes me aware of how tiny my little one is. He's 16 weeks old and 2.15 kilo :laugh:

Wow - me too - Banjo is 13 weeks and weights 1.98kg !!

Tank has his 12 week shot on Friday (a couple of days early but that's ok). Can't wait to walk him on paths. He has sooooo much damn energy! :eek: Still struggling to get him to walk on his lead without trying to chew his lead or hold it in his mouth. A handful of treats seems to be the only way to entice him. I'm hoping that when he gets outside he gets overwhelmed and ignores the lead. :confused:

Still peeing everywhere :rofl:

Now that it's officially winter I'm thinking of all you poor people still toilet training your baby puppies! I'm so glad I got Tango in nice, warm February :)

I'm loving reading all your updates. Isn't the size and weight difference hilarious between the little babies and the not-so-little babies?

Edited by Misteri