A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

Koda is gorgeous and looks like he's starting to get very leggy! Gotta love the funny stages they all go through. I love his serious face in the last pic :laugh:

Thanks Whippytails, the show today went well. Sumo baby of breed again, beating his sister, but lost baby of group to a lovely Dobe. We'll try again tomorrow :)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lollipup she sounds like a good girl, Nova gets moments of feral bitey-ness too.

Gosh Koda is getting tall isn't he! If his breeder thinks he will be a big boy at that weight I wonder what Nova will be like! He was 7.2kgs yesterday at 11weeks. But from the following photos you will notice he is quite a skinny thing under all that fluff.

Yesterday my housemate, my friend and her greyhound Brock, and Nova and I went out of town and found a little spot on the Murrumbidgee river to let Nova have his first taste of off leash fun.

He loved it, he ran up and down the grassy banks for ages. The river was very very low so all the sandy banks were exposed. Brock decided to go stand in the shallow area so Nova after doing grass zoomies decided to join him but... Did a gigantic running leap past the shallow area and straight into the deep. Probably waist high to me. Luckily, he can swim. He then freaked out that his feet were wet and ran around non stop for about 15 minutes then rolled in the sand.

So our before photo the morning of

61720_10151610209505787_91457270_n.jpg

"I've made a terrible mistake!"

1001365_10151610210075787_658807517_n.jpg

971882_10151610210890787_1015007903_n.jpg

942461_10151610211955787_156367219_n.jpg

Sorry Lisa, your wet Nova is the FUNNIEST thing Wayne and I have seen in a long time :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: There really is not much dog under all the fluff, is there?

...but goodness he and Koda are getting more beautiful every day.

Jack, how much did Koda weigh at Nova's age?

Di

:D Nova and Koda!

I think Treble is a natural blonde (sorry to all natural blondes :p) He was going so well with his leash walking, and at the moment he has this thing where he will wrap his head around my leg and look up at me with "Where is the treats?.. Human?" and while he was doing this he walked into a pole before I could stop him (I thought he would walk around it not straight into it) and then he tripped over his massive paws and ended up in a mud puddle with a herp derp face on :rofl:

I can see him being the class clown when we go to obedience.

--Lhok

Sounds like Nova had a great day with a split second decision that he wont make again in a hurry. He does look quite small under all that fluff but still as gorgeous as ever.

Well done on Baby of Breed Sumo and Cassie. Best of luck today.

Casper is gorgeous Fairystar!!

I'll be interested to know how you keep him cool up in Queensland. I'm having trouble keeping Nova cool when we need to have the heater on because the humans are freezing!

I live close the QLD border and we have the heater on some nights here and Treble just goes and sets up camp in the laundry. The window is locked open a fraction to let some of the cool air in and the laundry door just gets shut if it gets too much. He even has started to close the door after himself :rofl:

--Lhok

Edited by Lhok

Nova is looking about a 1kg ahead of Koda each weigh in, I'm guessing Nova will be 8kg at 12 weeks?

loving all the photos's and Lhok you cracked me up with the bit about the head bump and tripping over his paws

Ice water and air con :)

His coat is made for all weathers, reflects the heat and repels the cold...

Casper is gorgeous Fairystar!!

I'll be interested to know how you keep him cool up in Queensland. I'm having trouble keeping Nova cool when we need to have the heater on because the humans are freezing!

Aussies are supposed to be the same Fairystar but I'm pretty sure puppy fluff must be different, as he doesn't stay cool easily at the moment.

Lhok, treble is clever :) Nova goes over to the wood floors to lay on and against some cool bricks. But that area is right under the reverse cycle!

Yep Jack he should be around the 8kg mark I'd say Friday this week. He is still putting on about 1kg per week (exactly 1kg this last week).

Edited by LisaCC

Nawww Chester was SO CUTE!!

At least you were able to get a good photo, Nova wouldn't stay still hence the blurry head laugh.gif.

Chester doesn't look as skinny as Nova. The vet says he's a good weight but being wet he does look awfully skinny. I've increased his food a little again, but I would rather him carry a little less weight than too much as he is growing.

Nawww Chester was SO CUTE!!

At least you were able to get a good photo, Nova wouldn't stay still hence the blurry head laugh.gif.

Chester doesn't look as skinny as Nova. The vet says he's a good weight but being wet he does look awfully skinny. I've increased his food a little again, but I would rather him carry a little less weight than too much as he is growing.

Chester was probably a bit younger there, around 8 weeks I think. He leaned out and stayed lean after that. Envy is just over 11 weeks old now (sniff sniff) and no longer has that puppy fat. Looking like a nice lean biting machine already lol

Ok people my boxer pup Bailey has gone off her food. Is happy to eat tge big dogs food but now won't touch hers. Ive tried mixing gravy with it but she turns her nose up and goes straight for the big stuff. The only thing I can get her to eat is chicken necks (she only gets tgem when we can watch her eat them) and of course takes off with the large marrow bones. We've tried feeding her seperately but its not working. Any hints

Well the wonderful people at the pet shop gave me a heap of sample packs of Nutro to try Bailey on. Absolutely loves it and is happy to leave the bigger dogs food alone. The staff seem to think if she likes the Nutro she will like Black Hawk. I hope so or I'm going to have 20kg of Black Hawk puppy food to sneak in with the bigger dogs food to get rid of. They sold me a 3kg bag of Nutro for half price just in case she doesn't like the Black Hawk but fingers crossed she does

Nova is 12 weeks today and he has definitely lost his puppy fat. But he still looks like he has it when he isn't wet :)

Photos of lean mean Envy? biggrin.gif

Tyrion (also 12 weeks today) has also lost his puppy fat and is looking leaner and much more corgi like in the body lol. Yes, photos of Envy please!