A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hankodie

I nominate Hank for the naughtiest puppy award! He decided that our recent rainy weather was the perfect time to get acquainted with some lovely mud puddles.

wj9hna.jpg

102unpx.jpg

2rzxx0m.jpg

34q22rr.jpg

2e5jygo.jpg

Guest hankodie

Wow Lhok, Trebles parents are very nice looking dogs!

Here's Willow's Mum

Hank looks like he was having the awesomest of fun. Willow loves mud too, she also loves to Snorkel. We have to put out a HUGE water BIN for them because she just loves digging it out.

Lovely looking parents Lhok and Dory! Wow I can't decide which parent Willow looks like the most, stunning dogs!

Dory I have thought about putting in some sort of sandpit for the dogs but knowing my 2 they'd dig everywhere else BUT the sandpit :laugh:

Willow is 34kg now, she's really slowed down in her growth. Some days I look at her and I think OMG...you're huge (these are not the days when we have seen Sumo piccies).

This made me giggle :) Sumo is 8 months now and towers over Moose! I'd estimate his weight to be about 65kg. You need to enter another show! :) We have our first shows back since his injury this weekend, and I'm so excited as he's up in minor puppy now so we're finally eligible for points!

Love all the mum and dad pics guys, I'll add Sumo's too.

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=49015

That's Gus's dad. I see a lot of him in Gus and having met him the other week I can see even more. Little terror!

http://www.skyehavenflatcoats.com/Tango.htm

And his mum, who I met briefly at the airport when picking him up (she was off to live on the beach in Balnarring, Lucky lady!)

She was very sweet but was only very brief!

Yes, they're both lovely. His dad was in his show crate throwing a soft toy around and having a blast. It was uncanny really! His mum is gorgeous though. I must email her new people and see how she is. Gus flew down with her and his sister who went to live together and we had some email back and forth before it all got too busy!

I was just in Big W and they had the good clam shells reduced to $15 if anyone needs one.

We're thinking of getting another as a sandpit.

We had to go out for dinner last night, and there was a storm coming in... apparently Nixon was going nuts the whole time :(

Our next door neighbour had been out too, but when she got home another neighbour told her he'd been barking, and she went and took him over to her place, which was so lovely. Then she gave me a call to let me know. We're so lucky to have some great neighbours!

But I'm really stressed today thinking about barking and desexing... I know my husband thinks desexing will fix everything. I honestly agree that his increased barking is probably due to testosterone, but I think last night he was genuinely stressed out by the storm. Feeling crap about the whole thing :(

I was just in Big W and they had the good clam shells reduced to $15 if anyone needs one.

We're thinking of getting another as a sandpit.

We had to go out for dinner last night, and there was a storm coming in... apparently Nixon was going nuts the whole time :(

Our next door neighbour had been out too, but when she got home another neighbour told her he'd been barking, and she went and took him over to her place, which was so lovely. Then she gave me a call to let me know. We're so lucky to have some great neighbours!

But I'm really stressed today thinking about barking and desexing... I know my husband thinks desexing will fix everything. I honestly agree that his increased barking is probably due to testosterone, but I think last night he was genuinely stressed out by the storm. Feeling crap about the whole thing :(

We're doing the same. Might make a late night pilgrimage after work on Thurs!

I know that feeling. Might leaving him with some access to a laundry or similar help? Some Rescue Remedy before it happens and a big big meaty bone to chew while you're out?

It sucks!

Especially at the moment, weather is sht in Melbourne and I'm wishing I could drop by home for lunch to check in on the creeps. Sigh.

I think the problem is we haven't really had any storms until now! we had one on sunday night which I would stay was the first proper storm we've had since Nixon has been around. He seemed to cope ok - he was lying down and looked calm, but I would say he was mildly stressed. He was panting quite a lot (though it was very humid), and was a bit restless.

The one last night was threatening for several hours - lots of lightening and a bit of thunder, but it didn't really hit til after we got home luckily. I think he was more stressed by the one last night, but hard to tell given he apparently spent 2 hours racing around the yard barking before it hit, so he was already worked up when we got home :( He eventually settled, but I can imagine how freaked out he must have been without us there.

Unfortunately our house isn't really arranged in a good way to allow access to part of the house along with the yard - it would be all or nothing, and I'm not sure I'd trust him inside unsupervised. He'd probably be fine, but I'm not willing to risk our furniture on a hunch :) i gave him rescue remedy when he was a pup but don't think it really helped to be honest.

Hope your pups are ok Steph.

Sumo is very much his Dad in the head. He is more heavyset though, a bit more like his Mum in body.

Dory I think Willow resembles her Dad, and he is a HUNK!

Geez Louise....No wonder Sumo is so HUGE...and handsome. :D He has so much beautiful in his parentage.

I feel pretty lucky about Willow...stepping back into Rottweilers after a long absence I wasn't sure who was who in the Zoo, so it very

nice to hear numerous people say what a stunning dog he was. I had already seen Mum and Grandmum, beautiful dogs, with really

relaxed temperarments. (I suspect Willow not just looks like her Dad, but is naughty like him too :laugh: )

STEPH...have I said that I have soft spot for Flatties? and I reckon Gus is a very very nice blend of his parents.

STEPH...have I said that I have soft spot for Flatties? and I reckon Gus is a very very nice blend of his parents.

He's a total babe. His own independent critter.

We can swap for a day or so, I admire Willow from afar. You wouldn't want Gus this week though. He's being a wiener. I can say that with all the love in the world, but he is.

Last night at 3am wee time he refused to come in out of the rain, he does what we call the 'ghost dog' sometimes. He stands on the grass while you're on the deck at night and stands super still and looks right at you, it's like he thinks you can't see him. I left him to it and by the time I got back to bed he was whining at the door and came in to shake his soaking wet self all over me and the floor. Jerk.

My little darlings have become murderers AGAIN!

Another birdur, though I suspect an accident this time...

Rosie was dancing around me with a smirk and a skink in her mouth today at breakfast time (not an accident) and last night poor Gus rescued a baby bird. Must have blown out of a tree and he's bought it in. I found it in his bed this morning, not chewed or anything, just very very flat...

I feel bad for it, and I can’t help but laugh and feel a bit sad for them both at the image of Gus with this poor baby bird as his involuntary bedfellow.

Our ancient English Setter used to do the same with kittens, take them off to bed and clean them til they were just little balls of soaking fur purring away. He and Casper, the cat we had as kids were firm friends until both died about a month apart.

Lucky the kittens were more hardy than the bird!

I feel awful, but if it's any consolation was another miner bird...

Had some bad news from the vet today.. once I have had a chat to Treb's breeder and we have a plan of attack I will let you guys know. I want to say stuff but I think I have to wait till I have spoken to his breeder first.

Wish me luck

--Lhok

Had some bad news from the vet today.. once I have had a chat to Treb's breeder and we have a plan of attack I will let you guys know. I want to say stuff but I think I have to wait till I have spoken to his breeder first.

Wish me luck

--Lhok

Good Luck, Lhok! You've had a shitty shitty run and we're all barracking for you both :(