Augustine’s Superfood

goldenluv

I've have had both my guys on Augustines Superboost A+ for about 3 weeks now. So far very impressed. Big improvements with over all appearance & general performance. Certainly will continue using it :)

Edited by BC Crazy

You might find this topic useful.

After reading it I decided to try Augustine's. I had just adopted a dog who was very underweight and was a very fussy eater. I couldn't get him interested in food and couldn't afford for him to lose any more weight. His coat condition was shocking from malnutrition as well.

I bought the superboost to try in the hopes that even if he only had a tiny bit at least he would get nutrients. He loved it from day one, when I started feeding it I used the adult recipe and mixed it into beef mince, after a few meals of this he actually wanted to try other foods as well which he previously wouldn't.

I didn't feed it for every meal but alternated with chicken frames and necks and lamb or beef bones. It really seemed to kick start his weight gain and his coat is very thick and plush now. It's not something I can afford all the time but I will continue to feed it every now and then. He really likes it and I do believe it contributed a lot to his rapid improvement and current great condition.

I feed a raw diet but neither of my dogs like the taste of offal so I often use the superfood recipe and add in offal to mask the taste. I also like to change it up a bit so sometimes I substitute the coconut oil for an egg, tuna or sardines.

I am continuing to use AA+ and whilst I continue to have some troubles with Mandela's issues I can attest to this :

Apart from the initial improvement in his condition (not to mention the vast improvement in the condition of his stools) about 7 months ago when I first began to feed this to Mandela, I just the other week ran out of the SuperBoost supply. This is the supplements to be added to the suggested veggie mix that comprises of AA+ veggie component of the diet. For 4 or 5 days I continued to feed my boy the usual meat and vegie mix and the only thing that was missing was the SuperBoost. There was a definite down turn in his condition (which was already still a bit troubled) but when I was able to re-stock my SuperBoost supply and prepare this with the usual veggie mix, there was a marked and quite quick improvement back at least to where he was before I temporarily but unavoidably stopped feeding him this. My biggest problem is that my boy is a big dog and one 440g tub of the SuperBoost only equates to 5 days' worth of food. But I'm still working through his issues (with the help of a Hair DNA Analysis Naturopath) and if the AA+ sets my boy's system up to being as good as it can be, then I'm at least giving him the best chance of being as close to 'right' as possible.

Edited by Erny

• 2 weeks later...

We are 2 weeks into using Superboost supplement. We changed from the K9 Young at Heart supplement which I still think is a quality product but you need a HUGE amount of it for the daily dose which just made my Danes dinner all powder and little anything else.

I'm very happy with it, My 12 year old Dane has more energy on it than she did on the Young at Heart and its not much powder in relation to her food. She's very happy to eat it as well. She's now got the energy for her walks again which is great and she looks good.

Once we finish our current BARF order off I'll be trying the Augustine Approved home made diet, it sounds great.

I also have my Lab x on it who were bringing his weight down, he's definately getting better duration and energy levels for his bike rides since he's been on it and he's looking good. He has environment allergies so I'm not expecting to see any change in that but we're earlu days and you never know it could help his general over all health deal with the environmental stuff.

That's great you're seeing good results. I do believe I have as well. Mandela's issues persist, but I think he deals with those issues (they seem, for the most part, less intense than before) better than previous to the SuperBoost and Vegie mix.

I also have my Lab x on it ... he has environment allergies so I'm not expecting to see any change in that but we're earlu days and you never know it could help his general over all health deal with the environmental stuff.

I agree with the above. Sure, many of our dogs have atopic allergies and we tend to run around treating the symptoms with atopic remedies/lotions/potions without directing our primary focus to the question "WHY are our dogs so much more sensitive to environmental elements than ever before?". There's lots of answers - eg. water contaminants; chemical assault (direct and indirect); pollution; etc. But I do believe that as much as we can't combat everything that we are destroying our world with, we can at least give our dogs the most wholesome and balanced diet that does its best to support a system that's working hard to deal with and rid a body of all those other toxins.

I use 440g of SuperBoost when I make a batch of veggie mix patties. The amount of veggie mix and SuperBoost lasts my boy 5 days. But then, he's a lean lad and takes a reasonable amount of food to keep him covered. I admit he's doing better on this food than he was previously and although he has his ups and downs, he's been generally putting on weight and currently has reasonably good rib-cover, something I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to achieve since his problems became symptomatic when he was about 7 months of age.

Edited by Erny

I use 440g of SuperBoost when I make a batch of veggie mix patties. The amount of veggie mix and SuperBoost lasts my boy 5 days.

So how long does 440g of SuperBoost last? I thought for one moment it only lasted 5 days :eek:

I am about 3/4 of the way through my 440g container of Superboost with 2 Border Collies & it will probably last 3 to 4 months roughly. So very economical really. I am very happy with the improvements I have seen in my guys. It's a win/win for us atm :)

I just read the dosage and it says 1 heaped teaspoon (5g) per 100g of fresh or canned food.

That would come to similar amounts as k9young at heart? If feeding 1kg of raw food thats 10 (50g) teaspoons of the super boost.

I use 440g of SuperBoost when I make a batch of veggie mix patties. The amount of veggie mix and SuperBoost lasts my boy 5 days.

So how long does 440g of SuperBoost last? I thought for one moment it only lasted 5 days :eek:

In my situation - I use the full 440g container of SuperBoost and add it to the 5.5 days' worth of veggie mix that I prepare. Yep - it lasts me only 5.5 days :eek: . To each veggie mix patty I've made (which includes 1/11th of the 440g SuperBoost - Mandela gets 2 x veggie patties per day, along with 2 x serves of 500g of roo mince, if not a bit more here and there). But if this gets me to help his system back on track and steady, then for the time being I'm prepared to keep this up for as long as I am able. Heaven knows, I've spent a fortune on him with loads of other things I've been trying in the past. What's a little more fortune? :D.

Mind you, Phivo, the guy behind Augustine Approved+, has been immensely and sincerely helpful towards my efforts to see Mandela right.

Edited by Erny

In my situation - I use the full 440g container of SuperBoost and add it to the 5.5 days' worth of veggie mix that I prepare. Yep - it lasts me only 5.5 days :eek: . To each veggie mix patty I've made (which includes 1/11th of the 440g SuperBoost - Mandela gets 2 x veggie patties per day, along with 2 x serves of 500g of roo mince, if not a bit more here and there). But if this gets me to help his system back on track and steady, then for the time being I'm prepared to keep this up for as long as I am able. Heaven knows, I've spent a fortune on him with loads of other things I've been trying in the past. What's a little more fortune? :D.

Mind you, Phivo, the guy behind Augustine Approved+, has been immensely and sincerely helpful towards my efforts to see Mandela right.

Which is good, because on DOL he was a right twat.

I have to admit I'm a bit confused about how much to use of the superboost too!

I ended up putting 3 teaspoons into the 280g of veg mix, then added that mix to the 500g of meat

it would be great to hear what other people have done :-)

BC Crazy, how much of the superboost do you use for it to last that long? Do you make the vegie mix too or just sprinkle it on their food?

Hi Kayla, I use Superboost spinkled over their evening meal of dry/raw food. Sonny has 1 level spoon & Stella has 1/4 spoon. I just went roughly by the directions,Sonny has 3/4 cup of dry food per day & Stella has 1/2 cup. Unless I have misunderstood them. Very possible but we have positive results here :)

Edited by BC Crazy

BC Crazy, how much of the superboost do you use for it to last that long? Do you make the vegie mix too or just sprinkle it on their food?

Hi Kayla, I use Superboost spinkled over their evening meal of dry/raw food. Sonny has 1 level spoon & Stella has 1/4 spoon. I just went roughly by the directions,Sonny has 3/4 cup of dry food per day & Stella has 1/2 cup. Unless I have misunderstood them. Very possible but we have positive results here :)

Thanks BC Crazy, that's good to know. I might give it a try then if it lasts that long. Glad you are getting positive results. :)

Some times it takes time to get to know a person and not judge a book by its cover, or by what one perceives as its cover. One can learn a lot more by doing that than quickly judging.

:)

Some times it takes time to get to know a person and not judge a book by its cover, or by what one perceives as its cover. One can learn a lot more by doing that than quickly judging.

:)

When I posted about trying to help Justice lose weight and gain muscle he was incredibly kind. He PM'd me with some advice and links and told me what to use to make up my own version of one of his products, because he genuinely wanted to help and wasn't trying to get me to buy from him. That doesn't sound at all like someone who's a twat to me.

As I said, I'm glad he's different to what he was like publicly.