Westminster Show - Usa

Jed

What horrible pictures! Hardly any of them looked decent :(

The Toller is one of the best going around, she is a stunning dog but even in these photos looks bad.

Seeing as it's already been raised....that GSD looks horrible :( The pasterns are nearly flat on the ground.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think they are taken by someone who is good at taking pictures but knows very little about dog conformation. How many have the dog looking at the camera :eek:

You can clearly see that dogs are not stacked properly and these dogs are all so good at stacking - so I wonder what went wrong... However the photos are VERY clear and close so it's easy to spot some grooming 'tricks' on these dogs used to sculpt them a little. :laugh:

I was not overly impressed with the Weimaraner, maybe it was the picture but the hind end seemed somewhat.. um.. weak to me. Also not liking how the back seemed to slope downwards but that could be the way they are trying to present the back legs? I am wondering if they are trying to head them into the same direction as the GSD actually :(

I was not overly impressed with the Weimaraner, maybe it was the picture but the hind end seemed somewhat.. um.. weak to me. Also not liking how the back seemed to slope downwards but that could be the way they are trying to present the back legs? I am wondering if they are trying to head them into the same direction as the GSD actually :(

They are not 'presenting' anything here. This is an awful candid shot. Maybe watch the breed judging video before you decide the whole direction a breed is heading from one photo.

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/videoindex.php?year=2013&day=2

I am not deciding anything, I was simply wondering. And maybe a little concerned.. Anything is possible when they are allowed to breed with a non breed standard colour :p

ETA: It says: "0 Clips Available"

For Weimaraners

Edited by BlackJaq

Some of those call names - love them!

Some of the photos are really awful though.. and the Greyhound just looks.. weird..

greyhound_600.jpg

Is it just me? Maybe it's the angle, but ... does that dog look strange to anyone else?

Actually, the more I see, the more uncomfortable they make me. The Weim..

Edited by Alkhe

I stared at it for ages - it just looks so strange to me and I can't quite work out exactly what it is. I'm sure the angle is skewiff, but .. her neck looks much longer and thinner than I suppose I'm used to seeing in racing greyhounds. And her chest, it's just a different shape. I haven't seen m/any showbred Australian greys, let alone American ones.

Guest crickets

The Americans tend to clip even the short/smooth haired dogs to the extreme. It really accentuates & sculpts the look of the dogs. Personally I hate it, but....

You can clearly see a heavily clipped area on the neck of that greyhound, more than just a neatening of the natural coat lay. That might be contributing to a look we are not so used to. Those Beagles look like they have had a bucket of hair stripped, thinned & trimmed off their neck, throat & tail etc. Really....

I think there really needs to be a separate 'American Akita'. That dog is so big & bulky and bares no resemblance to an actual Japanese Akita....

I'll have the Sealyham, ChowChow, Icelandic Sheepdog & L/C Chi :)

I am not deciding anything, I was simply wondering. And maybe a little concerned.. Anything is possible when they are allowed to breed with a non breed standard colour :p

ETA: It says: "0 Clips Available"

For Weimaraners

I was just watching the clip so I'm not sure what to tell you - it's definitely there somewhere...

The Americans tend to clip even the short/smooth haired dogs to the extreme. It really accentuates & sculpts the look of the dogs. Personally I hate it, but....

You can clearly see a heavily clipped area on the neck of that greyhound, more than just a neatening of the natural coat lay. That might be contributing to a look we are not so used to. Those Beagles look like they have had a bucket of hair stripped, thinned & trimmed off their neck, throat & tail etc. Really....

I think there really needs to be a separate 'American Akita'. That dog is so big & bulky and bares no resemblance to an actual Japanese Akita....

In every country but the US there are two breeds of Akita. Even Australia had recognized them as separate breeds now.

Guest crickets

In every country but the US there are two breeds of Akita. Even Australia had recognized them as separate breeds now.

Yes that is what I was trying to say just not as well as you! :thumbsup:

Some of those call names - love them!

Some of the photos are really awful though.. and the Greyhound just looks.. weird..

greyhound_600.jpg

Is it just me? Maybe it's the angle, but ... does that dog look strange to anyone else?

Actually, the more I see, the more uncomfortable they make me. The Weim..

Yes I thought the Greyhound was part giraffe and if the is the best German Shepherd on the day then I would hate to see their worst. It was horrible however I did enjoy the photos thanks for the link.

A lot of lovely dogs!

Some horrible ones too. The GSD as mentioned is simply shocking. Also the Neo Mastiff and the Pekingnese. Poor bloody dogs.

Where is the American Staffordshire Terrier? I seem to recall reading something about a big show being held in a BSL state. Is that why there is no Amstaff here? If so - how disrespectful to hold the show there and essentially barr the AST and support BSL.

Ah, I have found this year's Weim video now! There were some nice dogs but some of them I thought were a little funny looking with either tiny looking hips or shoulders. I also spotted one or two with what I would almost call pigeon chests lol At least they did not display the slinky sort of gait that some of the more extreme GSDs seem to have. Maybe the sloping back was just the way the dog was standing or maybe her legs are a little short.

What I also noticed, although it is not technically a conformation issue, that some seem to have been docked extremely short for the breed, almost a doberman type stump. Tradionally the breed only had about a third of the tail removed, most of these dogs only seem to have about a third left instead....

A lot of lovely dogs!

Some horrible ones too. The GSD as mentioned is simply shocking. Also the Neo Mastiff and the Pekingnese. Poor bloody dogs.

Where is the American Staffordshire Terrier? I seem to recall reading something about a big show being held in a BSL state. Is that why there is no Amstaff here? If so - how disrespectful to hold the show there and essentially barr the AST and support BSL.

I also couldn't find the AST winner but I am watching the video of them linked in a previous post now. :)

I scrolled thru all the images..Am I the only one who thought all these dogs looked like dead stuffed specimans..? I mean actually stuffed as in taxidermists work..they all had a strange dull lifeless flatness to them...very weird...

And no matter what is desired in today's show German Shepherd .. They are downright wrong...no dog stands like that naturally ..it is utterly ridiculous..and I sit here basted and ready to be flamed..those responsible for the German Shepherd in the rings today should be ashamed of what theyve done to a lovely breed..same goes for the poor old British BullDog and the myriad of problems they have today..have mercy on them and breed out th terrible way they are in today with their inability to breath ang whelp naturally.