Dog Trailers & Puppy Bars

leopuppy04

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at purchasing both of the above in the near future.

Has anyone/ does anyone have a trailer/ puppy bars made by this guy.

http://www.zandonatrailers.com.au/

Quality/ workmanship/ recommended etc?

Now more specific questions:

With regards to dog trailers - what are the brands you recommend / don't recommend? What are your 'must haves' and things you look for? what things are essential?

I would like a 4berth with a wardrobe and tack box.... but not sure what brand etc etc.

With regards to puppy bars - I have an x trail, looking to get a false floor/ single door entry and a barrier at the cargo part... any recommendations/ good and bad points?!

Any advice much appreciated :)

I don't have anything built by these guys, but I am considering a trailer by them.

From what I've seen they are terrific quality.... I've done plenty of research before buying a trailer this time around.

They are 'dog people' too, I believe they breed/show/shoot with Pointers, so they aren't being designed and built by someone who doesn't understand a dog owners needs.

If I were you, I would certainly add them to your list.

Go and check them out! :)

thanks for that. Do you know if they design it (he told me they will do it however I like) to have the 'traditional' look such as 2 bays either side and the wardrobe like your trickey trailer or toledo design?

Not sure... you'd have to ask.

I'm only interested in their 2 berth 'Hunting' Trailer as I don't have lots of dogs anymore and normally only take one on a hunting trip anyway.

They are built tough, if not pretty!

Hey LP,

I am getting some puppy bars made and am currently waiting on them coming back from being powdercoated. I was very happy with the design and price.

The issue you would have had with double doors (as I did) is because of the Xtrails weird back end the doors will be pretty small/slim. We spent ages measuring and going over it, and in the end too have double doors they would only be about 30cms wide. So I, like all his other xtrail people, have opted for a single door.

I know you said single door (but just in case you were thinking of double door) it's the best way to go :)

He has some on his car that you can look at and have a play with, I will get mine soon and you are welcome to have a look as well.

I got mine measured and sent away within a week, hand made for my cars exact measurements, excellent price, awesome service.....can't ask for more :)

I spoke with Colin from Puppy Bars a few days ago. Current wait is up to 3 months so I'd get in an order ASAP. I had a look at a fabulous 2nd hand set (belonging to S'n'T) - unfortunately the raised floor was too high for Ziggy but the product itself was fantastic. As much as I want a set I'm going to wait until we get our next vehicle.

Hey LP,

I am getting some puppy bars made and am currently waiting on them coming back from being powdercoated. I was very happy with the design and price.

The issue you would have had with double doors (as I did) is because of the Xtrails weird back end the doors will be pretty small/slim. We spent ages measuring and going over it, and in the end too have double doors they would only be about 30cms wide. So I, like all his other xtrail people, have opted for a single door.

I know you said single door (but just in case you were thinking of double door) it's the best way to go :)

He has some on his car that you can look at and have a play with, I will get mine soon and you are welcome to have a look as well.

I got mine measured and sent away within a week, hand made for my cars exact measurements, excellent price, awesome service.....can't ask for more :)

Thanks TO - I'm going to see him tomorrow and I think he was telling me about your design! Would be interested to see it if you have it before I've decided :)

BBJ and I have investigated Cruising Canines http://www.cruisingcanines.com.au/

John is fabulous and will tailor make it to .your requirements.thumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gif

Thanks BB - checking these guys out too :)

Thanks TO - I'm going to see him tomorrow and I think he was telling me about your design! Would be interested to see it if you have it before I've decided :)

Probably :)

I don't think I will see you around though for awhile, I won't be doing any agility trials until April (Jovi comes in season March), so you probably would have made a decision by then. Can definately post pics and let you know what I like/dislike when I get them :)

We have a Cruising Canines trailer. Very good quality, easy to tow and well insulated. The dogs stay comfortable even in 35+ degree heat.

Features that are optional extras on most other brands - cabin door hooks, leash hooks, bumpers, interior lighting, etc are all standard on the Cruising Canines, which is something that I really liked. Highly recommend them. smile.gif

I have a 4 large berth with wardrobe Cruising Canines - tows well, well insulated, all wiring tucked up underneath so dogs cant chew it. Interior is fully sealed and there is a 500mm solid base wall below the mesh so dogs cant pull through bedding. I travel around the western NSW with my dogs for work and cant fault the the trailer - the dogs do many many KM and are rested and settled when I get them out. Each bay has a plug hole for easy cleaning. Doesnt leak, great storage, tack box in front, wardrobe behind it. HIGHLY recommend them. They are made to order and with loads of standard features. Just love my trailer :) :thumbsup:

post-27124-0-24988800-1361944163_thumb.jpg

post-27124-0-81546500-1361944196_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tapua

went to see Zandona yesterday and was really impressed. He sounds like he makes his trailers really strong and was willing to do a puppy bars/ trailer deal. Will do it however I like.

Then I had someone offer me their Trickey trailer 2nd hand.... now to decide what to do....

Anyone got feedback for Trickey and their quality.

Going off on a slight tangent here- my husband has just bought a ute and wants to put two insulated dog cages/crates on the back. Not the sort you see in the country, where the dog is exposed, but more like the spaces in a dog trailer. Can anyone point me in the right direction for getting these made?

Going off on a slight tangent here- my husband has just bought a ute and wants to put two insulated dog cages/crates on the back. Not the sort you see in the country, where the dog is exposed, but more like the spaces in a dog trailer. Can anyone point me in the right direction for getting these made?

Like this? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=160475887371804&set=pb.100002281823711.-2207520000.1362188713&type=3&theater

317283_160475887371804_88432833_n.jpg

Like this? https://www.facebook...&type=3

Kind of, but he only wants the two at the front, plus space behind like a normal ute.