Dogs Seized From No Kill Shelter

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I can't get my head around is the amount of poop in some of the photos - especially in some of the empty runs... wouldn't one clean it up if they were trying to advertise how great the conditions are?

And maybe a few shadecloths put up in the outdoor runs wouldn't go astray... they aren't expensive or hard to erect.

T.

I would never leave my dog there but countless people seem to think they're perfectly good living conditions. I noticed someone has finally started commenting on the green water in the bowls, lack of shade and proper shelter and concerns about the heat and rain. It won't make an ounce of difference to what the supporters think though and the person questioning things has already been told to take her negativity elsewhere.

that could have been me :o but there was a couple of others as well

Mark has replied on some photos that there are shade sails but I can't see any.

Good on you for saying something Rebanne. I haven't bothered because Moorook knows who I am and have contacted me before about comments I've made publicly about both them and another prominent SA rescue, so I'd just get deleted and blocked straight away.

They haven't blocked me - yet and some Steve person didn't like me very much

Yep, and I have distinctly poked the bear in the cage it would seem, and the fanatics are not happy, have Mark Aldridge himself coming out for me now - these are some of his charming comments, after I said the water looked green in one of the photos

Mark Aldridge You should show us photos of your recuse/shelter Linda, and some of the thousands of animals you have saved, it appears you are an expert
I then replied with this
Mark, no need for such a comment, you are not in parliament now. I do not own or run a shelter, I did not realise that anyone who commented on these photos had to have that experience, in order to see that a water bowl was green with slime, perhaps you need to make that clearer. Do not see why when you have posted photos in a public place to show people the conditions that animals are being kept under, that when there are things that are being pointed out as being less that adequate that there is so much defense being put up - surely if you wanted no one else to comment, make the thing private. Conditions that you might keep your own dog under at home are fine if they are your own dogs - these are dogs being kept in a shelter, and any shelters that I have been to need to abide by the regulations which state that they need to have access to clean water and nutritious food, and that food and water bowls need to be cleaned each day. But that is OK< I am clearly wasting my breath. Point to ponder though, if these were conditions that were at a breeders, would people be sitting back there and saying how wonderful the environment was that the dogs were in?
and got this back
Mark Aldridge Come foen the shelter and have a look, it appears you know very little and are here only to bag, how sad for you

He's a disgrace and it's no wonder he never gets elected. The rspca will be rubbing their hands in glee that Moorook have such an outstanding spokesman, he is doing all the work for them. The thing is once they start down the media route they better make sure they are squeaky clean because now any incidents will be bought out in the open rather than people not bothering. I had some long chats with one of their people yesterday and came away realising they aren't interested in best practise and want to continue the way they are. As much as I despise the rspca I think one of their shelters or no shelter will do less harm overall.

I looked in to the fundraising thing and apparently in SA you can't ask for, mention or solicit donations, be it monetary, blankets, food or anything else, without a section 6 licence under the Act for Collections for Charitable Purposes. I'm guessing that if Mark has been declared Moorook's spokesperson he also shouldn't be doing any of these things on Moorook's behalf?

I also heard from someone who went to the clean up and said that a lot of the food that is kept out in the open as per the photos was exposed, wasted and rotting.

Someone else also highlighted this little gem regarding a dog available for adoption. Here are screen shots of it from facebook and also the link for anyone who wants to look for themselves. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.514369185258860.135380.106267389402377&type=1

8692220952_83d028226c_b.jpg

8691102419_a5c55e349f_b.jpg

Seems Mark knows you can't ask for donations but still does as long as you don't want receipts - for his own Sanctuary

"

bout.

Willow Wood Sanctuary took over the many animals of Willow Farm Sanctuary owned by Peg Solomon when she became too unwell to continue. Necessity to save the unwanted animals from being put down was the main driver.

Description

Willow Wood Sanctuary is a privately run haven for injured and abused native wild life, on the property of Mark and Helen Aldridge.

We are not set up as a registered charity and therefore are unable to issue any receipts for a tax deduction but every little helps and if you would like to donate please go to the DONATE page.

"

Willow wood

Edited by behluka

Interesting to note that a question for Minister for Sustainability Environment and Conservation was asked by Hon M Lensink in the Legislative Council SA Parliament yesterday on the subject of the RSPCA investigating the Moorook Animal Shelter. Question was asked what the outcome has been and did the government provide any assistance to the Moorook Animal Shelter in meeting the orders made by the RSPCA. Don't know when these questions will be answered, but will keep across it.

If it's a private shelter then there is no reason the government would be supplying funding. One thing the supporters need to realise is that the rspca and government won't give them money for a good reason. Why would they give money to an organisation that they have no control over, what if there are complaints about the way it is run? The organisation has to match the ideals of the government agency funding it and the only way that can be assured is by the agency controlling it. For Moorook, that won't happen as Lola wants total control. She won't work with council unless they let her do what she wants. She has complied with the council ordered clean up because it isn't to do with the dog's care. She has already said she'd rather close than do things the way the council and rspca have told her they want her to do it. Government funding comes with conditions.

The weekly passive-aggressive award goes to...

"Mark Aldridge's latest email to the RSPCA

Moorook has been ready for you to visit for some time, we believe we comply with your Animal welfare notices that ended on the 25th of April, even though final upgrades are pending council development applications.

Myself as spokesperson and the owner of the shelter Lola, waited on site on the 25th and 26th of April, people were on hand to show you through on the weekend, and again on Monday the 29th of April.

We can not be on site 24 hours a day 7 days a week, due to council pound pick ups and veterinary pick ups and drop offs, so please give is adequate notice of the time and day you wish to visit, as expected in the Animal welfare Act of 1985, and we will be happy to show you through.

It would be very inappropriate to waste your time if you were to show up unannounced and there was no one on site to show you around.

Moorook has had extensive upgrades since your last visit, something I am sure will impress any caring animal welfare groups or agency."

The weekly passive-aggressive award goes to...

"Mark Aldridge's latest email to the RSPCA

Moorook has been ready for you to visit for some time, we believe we comply with your Animal welfare notices that ended on the 25th of April, even though final upgrades are pending council development applications.

Myself as spokesperson and the owner of the shelter Lola, waited on site on the 25th and 26th of April, people were on hand to show you through on the weekend, and again on Monday the 29th of April.

We can not be on site 24 hours a day 7 days a week, due to council pound pick ups and veterinary pick ups and drop offs, so please give is adequate notice of the time and day you wish to visit, as expected in the Animal welfare Act of 1985, and we will be happy to show you through.

It would be very inappropriate to waste your time if you were to show up unannounced and there was no one on site to show you around.

Moorook has had extensive upgrades since your last visit, something I am sure will impress any caring animal welfare groups or agency."

Out of context that's a pretty well worded letter :laugh:

There are two routes people can go down and both produce results, though these vary of course. There's the more flies with honey approach and there's the squeaky wheel approach. Moorook seem to have chosen the squeaky wheel approach.